Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,123 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:38 AM

7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget (36618 Views)

The Brutal Form Of Punishments In The Ancient World / South African Schoolgirls Smoking In School. See Reactions (Photos) / 7 Types Of Classmates We Had In Primary School (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2016
There are punishments, and there are punishments.
In Nigeria, punishments depended on two things: the gravity of the punishment and the way the punisher is feeling at that point.

Here are seven of the worst punishments every Nigerian kid will never forget

4 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:48pm On Oct 14, 2016
1. Caning
Caning is traditional and we all know the teachers who had some magic with the cane. The ones who couldn’t flog students always sent them to that one teacher.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2016
2. Standing on the chair and raising one leg
You think this is beans until you’re up there for an hour

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2016
3. Blackboard/Notebook Writing
Will never understand the essence of this one but boy, it wasn’t easy. Imagine being asked to fill a 60-page book with “I will not sleep in class again” or “I will not talk when my teacher is talking again”

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2016
4. Kneeling and facing the wall
This was peculiar to teachers who couldn’t flog. Noisemakers, trouble makers in class were used to this. Some even slept while at it.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2016
5. Picking a pin
Some called it picking a pin. Others called it stooling down. Whatever you called it, it demanded a great deal of energy.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
6. Carrying stone
This was for the extremely troublesome kids. After they were flogged and probably didn’t feel anything, the teacher would ask them to carry a stone or a chair depending on the resources available.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by amuokuko: 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
. Pick the dirts within the school premises..

. Grass cutting if u attended schools wey no be room nd parlour schools of today..

. Frog jump.. Mr Jafar of NNSS Ojo, i hail you..

Schools back then abolished Picking pin cous its not good for the health..

11 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
7. Frog Jump
Imagine squatting up and down while walking to and fro a particular distance. In all of this, your hands are drawing your ear so bad. Who invented these things?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:53pm On Oct 14, 2016
There are a lot more really but these ones stand out any day, anytime. Which other ones do you recall? Here’re a lot more standard punishments in a school. cry cry cry cry cry cry punishent na bad tin oolol grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by ashewoboy(m): 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
Do they still beat or give punishments in primary and secondary school? We suffer for our time then shacheesy. Na now we see am as sufferness, but it was fun thencheesy.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Edwardhead(m): 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2016
only ajepako can relate...

lalasticlala, is this how they normally punished you when you were a kid? grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 14, 2016
I did all of them I guess I'm really stubborn

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Jay542(m): 6:55pm On Oct 14, 2016
I can relate to 3 well angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Damilare5882(m): 6:55pm On Oct 14, 2016
i did all.....including
1. squatting on your toes
2.leaning against the wall while taking a sitting position.. (angle 90)
3.carry of desk or chair
4.squatting under the table
6.sucking of the thumb where by you put your hand through your thigh
7.taking a pressup position for hours
8.taking a cyclist position
9.being beaten at midnight whereby theres no where to run to and no neighbor to plead on my behalf......and the list goes on and on

took most of these punishments under my mom cos shes a teacher..a very tough one.. she ships cane into the house like gadgets..well to be candid, i was a little bit stubborn too ..even though i am the only boy out of 2, she still drills me like mad , she never for once pampered me .at first i thought she hated me so much but i never knew she was doing me a favor ... but thanks to her..she shaped my life...I LOVE MY MOM........we are so close now..anytime we share the memories.. im just gonna be like * AH MUMMY .. E LE PAYAN*..........n shes gonna be like .. *ah ..tie noni mon shey *..

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 14, 2016
Never did no 3 nor the stone carrying one but I have planked under the sun, not funny.
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by obeenah40(m): 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2016
I just love the graphical representation using toons

3 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by don4real18(m): 6:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
me
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by holuwatobhy(m): 6:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
K
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
Cutting grass.
Truth told these punishments are dished out by frustrated teachers who never achieved anything in life and knew very well they were heading nowhere. I hear things have changed nowadays for the better.
I found out recently a teacher who had knack for always making me kneel down from beginning of school till the end of classes back in the day was frustrated in her marriage. Her husband was a serial cheater and the only way to relieve stress was take it out on her students. The confirmation was given to me from a reliable source.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Heiisenberg(m): 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
Child abuse.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by sanmimichael: 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
Funny all ways guyd
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by iykekelvins(m): 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
Sitting under the sun. Our VP then..
Cc: Davbravo grin
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by holuwatobhy(m): 7:01pm On Oct 14, 2016
Damilare5882:
i did all

Bahd Guy ?? cool

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
cool cool cool cool jarizod tosyne2much smellymouth ladyf u sef come and see oooo gues u all dis dis in ur secondary school days
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by oluwafemi113(m): 7:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
I did all

It wasn't easy then grin grin
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Unimaginable123: 7:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
My worst was "kneeling down under sun and raising your hands" where all the students see you and laugh

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by sanmimichael: 7:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
Funny
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by femi4: 7:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
Angle 90 on my mind

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by Unimaginable123: 7:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
oluwafemi113:
I did all

I did all and more. Was so stubborn, punishments were a pass time

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by emeraldo56(m): 7:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
ashewoboy:
Do they still beat or give punishments in primary and secondary school? We suffer for our time then shacheesy. Na now we see am as sufferness, but it was fun thencheesy.
yap
Re: 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget by BlindAngel: 7:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
Hmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Grammatical Errors You Make Without Knowing / UNILAG Students Jump Over Gate To Vacate Premises After Shutdown / Queenate Ibeto On Stage With Obama At Howard University Graduation Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.