Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day (4262 Views)

Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti / Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / Employment Offers In Benin City! Graduate Positions Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by moscobabs(m): 3:32pm On Oct 14, 2016
In February this year I resigned from my former place of work due to some issues in the company and since they couldn't meet up with staffs full salary again I decided to leave and face my personal business.

As we all know the situation in the country now my business is not going as expected , as a trained auditor/Internal control I have to start to look for auditing contract which I have been doing to feed my family though it comes once in 2 months .

one of the Owners of the private companies that i do audit called me month ago and asked me if I can work for him which I quickly agreed because I was desperate in looking for another job, The company is in east of the. country and my family members are in Lagos

This man has been searching for apartment for me and he wants me to resume immediately the apartment is ready he trust me a lot, we have known each other since 2012 when we handed parts my old company to him . is been nice to me even thought is a IBO man and am a Yoruba, I just want to work for him.

3 months ago, I was called for an interview in a new Multinational company owns by Lebanese , the company has many Branches in Africa . 2 of us went for the interview and we both performed excellently and the Manager who is a Lebanese says he wanted both of us but the salary will be divided into 2 . I told the man to pick anyone of us as 2 people cannot be equal .

Firstly ....We don't have the same qualification .am a graduate and he's not but seems these white people don't consider qualification .

2ndly, I have more experience than the other guy

3rdly, I'm married while he is not.

also the office distance is far from my house 5 times more than his.

so the man asked us if we agree with the offer He agreed while I didn't and the man decided to pick him instead because he thought I was selfish.

yesterday afternoon around 3pm I received a call from this company HR and she asked me if I'm still interested in the job if the company agree with the salary I requested for and I said yes!!! she asked me to resume today (Friday) but I told her am not in Lagos and promised to resume on Monday. This job is in Lagos the same salary with the 1st company, no accommodation attached but is a multinational .

Five minutes after I dropped the call with the HR I received Another surprise call from Another company where I did interview 2 weeks ago in Lagos and I was asked to come and start my documentation next week. is in Lagos too, no accommodation attached and its not my field as well and is private company too, the salary is 10k more than others.

the first 2 are my field.

Nairalanders please I find it difficult to make decision now and I have today till Sunday to decide .

Only prayer cannot do this o I still need advice so I don't mistake , this is my life pls help.

Pls don't mind my typo o.

cc : jarus

lalasticlala

udoma

davide470

Seun

fynestboi

ishilove

3 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by Iseoluwani: 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2016
moscobabs:
In February this year I resigned from my former place of work due to some issues in the company and since they couldn't meet up with staffs full salary again I decided to leave and face my personal business.

As we all know the situation in the company now my business is not going as expected , as a trained auditor/Internal control I have to start to looking for auditing contract which I have been doing to feed my family though it comes once in 2 months .

one of the Owners of the private company that i do audit called me month ago and asked me if I can work for me which I quickly agreed because I was desperate in looking for another job, The company is in east of the. country and my family members are in Lagos

This man has been looking for apartment for me and he wants me to resume immediately the apartment is ready he trust me a lot, we have known each since 2012 when we handed parts my old company to him is been nice to me even thought is a IBO man and am a Yoruba, I just want to work for him.

How come it is 3 jobs?? ?

1 Like

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by moscobabs(m): 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
Iseoluwani:

How come it is 3 jobs?? ?
more to come sir
Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by SaintChukz(m): 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
moscobabs:
As we all know the situation in the company now my business is not going as expected , as a trained auditor/Internal control I have to start to looking for auditing contract which I have been doing to feed my family though it comes once in 2 months .
one of the Owners of the private company that i do audit called me month ago and asked me if I can work for me which I quickly agreed because I was desperate in looking for another job, The company is in east of the. country and my family members are in Lagos
This man has been looking for apartment for me and he wants me to resume immediately the apartment is ready he trust me a lot, we have known each since 2012 when we handed parts my old company to him is been nice to me even thought is a IBO man and am a Yoruba, I just want to work for him.
3 months ago, I was called for an interview in a new Multinational company owns by Lebanese , the company has many Branches in Africa . 2 of us went for the interview and we both performed excellently and the Manager who is a Lebanese says he wanted both of us but the salary will be divided into 2 . I told the man to pick anyone of us as 2 people cannot be equal .
Firstly ....We don't have the same qualification .am a graduate and he's not but seem this white people don't consider qualification .
2ndly, I have more experience than the other guy
3rdly, I'm married while he is not.
also the office distance is far from my house 5 times more than his.
so the man asked us if we agree with the offer He agreed while I didn't agree and the man decided to pick him instead because he thought I was selfish.
yesterday afternoon around 3pm I received a call from this company HR and asked me if I'm still interested in the job if the company agree with the salary I requested for and I said yes!!! and she asked me to resume today (Friday) but I told her am not in Lagos and promise to resume on Monday.

I Just Had To Do This!

I couldn't read what you have written up there. I believe most Nairalanders will also have a hard time reading and understanding it too.

Please avoid writing with too much excitement. Here's what you should do Sir; modify it by rewriting slowly, carefully and let it be legible to read so that we can follow your story with more interest. Thank you!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by moscobabs(m): 4:18pm On Oct 14, 2016
SaintChukz:

I Just Had To Do This!

I couldn't read what you have written up there. I believe most Nairalanders will also have a hard time reading and understanding it too.

Please avoid writing with too much excitement. Here's what you should do Sir; modify it by rewriting slowly, carefully and let it be legible to read so that we can follow your story with more interest. Thank you!

excitement nothing like such am only confuse

U should have allowed me to finish the posting anyway thanks. I think its clear enough now to read.

thank u
Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by Sanchez01: 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2016
First off: DON'T DREAM OF WORKING FOR THESE PEOPLE; LEBANESE, CHINESE and INDIANS. Regardless of how nice they are to you today, you'd be treated as a piece of dirt with time.

For me, I'd advice you go with the first. Although it might be challenging, considering the fact that your family is in Lagos and all, I'm sure you'd do well to move them to the East with time, when you're fully settled that is.

Also, you have an existing relationship with the said man before now and he trusts you to a reasonable degree, which most employees deal with in the first few months of landing a new job. Life in the East isn't all that bad as I am there myself, even though I still consider myself new here and still trying to shake off the Lagos effect that I am used to.

For the private company, we all pray to get higher salaries as we look out for the next job but there are certain things you might need to consider here;

1. It does not align with your field, hence a possible issue with job satisfaction. It happens a lot, trust me.

2. A possible scenario of deviation might pop up, particularly if you choose to consider your resumè and intend trending as an auditor.

3. Private companies... (Well... *shrugs)

For me, all directions point to the East. If arrangements have been made with the man on the other side, as you claimed and he is looking for an accommodation already, then sit back and relax. Congratulations bro wink

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by InfinixMine: 4:23pm On Oct 14, 2016
Just here to learn.... what a favour!!! 3 jobs for at the same time... God knows best.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by okirewaju(f): 4:29pm On Oct 14, 2016
Indeed you are blessed

Wow, in this era, 3 job offers

I love the 2nd one but working with Lebanese I hear is not too pleasant * dunno how true it is*

What does wifey think?

3 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by dejt4u(m): 4:31pm On Oct 14, 2016
I will advice you to go with the first.. It seems it is more secured than others.. Job security is the key bro. I wish you the very best!

6 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by moscobabs(m): 4:35pm On Oct 14, 2016
okirewaju:
Indeed you are blessed

Wow, in this era, 3 job offers

I love the 2nd one but working with Lebanese I hear is not too pleasant * dunno how true it is*

What does wifey think?

thank u bro.

u know women na she wants the second job not because its the best but because its in Lagos. I have been travelling all this while for one assignment or the other so she wants me to stay In Lagos.
Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by Sanchez01: 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2016
InfinixMine:
Just here to learn.... what a favour!!! 3 jobs for at the same time... God knows best.
It would definitely happen at some point in time. My case is quite similar though, just that it was two at the same time, same state and quite different too. I didn't take me long to choose. It doesn't really take long after the excitement has faded grin

3 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by moscobabs(m): 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2016
dejt4u:
I will advice you to go with the first.. It seems it is more secured than others.. Job security is the key bro. I wish you the very best!

am thinking of going for this too. but I just don't want to make any mistake again.

I had this type of luck before but made a bad decision then which is affecting me till date.

1 Like

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by moscobabs(m): 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2016
Sanchez01:
First off: DON'T DREAM OF WORKING FOR THESE PEOPLE; LEBANESE, CHINESE and INDIANS. Regardless of how nice they are to you today, you'd be treated as a piece of dirt with time.

For me, I'd advice you go with the first. Although it might be challenging, considering the fact that your family is in Lagos and all, I'm sure you'd do well to move them to the East with time, when you're fully settled that is.

Also, you have an existing relationship with the said man before now and he trusts you to a reasonable degree, which most employees deal with in the first few months of landing a new job. Life in the East isn't all that bad as I am there myself, even though I still consider myself new here and still trying to shake off the Lagos effect that I am used to.

For the private company, we all pray to get higher salaries as we look out for the next job but there are certain things you might need to consider here;

1. It does not align with your field, hence a possible issue with job satisfaction. It happens a lot, trust me.

2. A possible scenario of deviation might pop up, particularly if you choose to consider your resume and intend trending as an auditor.

3. Private companies... (Well... *shrugs)

For me, all directions point to the East. If arrangements have been made with the man on the other side, as you claimed and he is looking for an accommodation already, then sit back and relax. Congratulations bro wink

Thank u sir...I have been expecting you and Jarus . let me wait for more advice .

thanks once again sir

1 Like

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by simplex2: 4:49pm On Oct 14, 2016
What to do, secure the first, kick-off with the second and finish up with the third. That way, you will stand a better chance of maximizing all potentials in the 3 jobs.

If you don't understand what I explained up there, you can understand how I felt after reading your post.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by prettyem(f): 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2016
First of, I say a big congratulations to u Moscobabs.I seem not to understand why you'll accept another job offer when that of East is sealed already...and the 3rd offer not in our field but u still said yes? I'm not getting it Sir,I do not mean to be harsh or something I just want u to calm down, ask yourself some pertinent 'career' questions so u stop jumping on every offer u come across. My advise is that u go to d East then make arrangements for your family to join u soonest but pray b4 u take any step. Once again accept my congratulations.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by KillerBeauty(f): 5:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
In this era of job loss, bros you are lucky o. Three jobs at once. Na good problem u get. Anyway I prefer the east job.

1 Like

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by Carmal90(m): 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2016
moscobabs:

more to come sir

Sir, link me with any of d company in lagos..
Hnd mechanical engineering
Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by moscobabs(m): 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2016
prettyem:
First of, I say a big congratulations to u Moscobabs.I seem not to understand why you'll accept another job offer when that of East is sealed already...and the 3rd offer not in our field but u still said yes? I'm not getting it Sir,I do not mean to be harsh or something I just want u to calm down, ask yourself some pertinent 'career' questions so u stop jumping on every offer u come across. My advise is that u go to d East then make arrangements for your family to join u soonest but pray b4 u take any step. Once again accept my congratulations.

thank u my sister the man in the East is somehow confuse and is wasting my time . he has been promising me this job since last year he has another company in Lagos where he first promised me that I wud be manage. month after he said he doesn't want me to go there that he needs me in east so I can be his Auditor for his three other companies and he has not been serious about it until a month ago that he started calling me that he has been looking for apartment for me and I too should be calling anybody I know to help me find a flat. I never knew he s serious until yesterday and today that he continue disturbing me that I should be preparing to come east o
Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by arthurshelly: 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2016
Congrant bro...i will have a change of story next ijmn

1 Like

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by iyisco2001(m): 5:48pm On Oct 14, 2016
Bros, don't go here those Lebanese or Indians or Chinese with a long pole, they will eventually make your life a nightmare, miserable and anything.
The same HR will diss you each time you fight for your right. I am talking from experience. Just evaluate his character during your first meeting and imagine what your line of operation also look like.

If your eastern pall can make the accomodation work for you, I think it's your best option.
Provided you really trust him.

Don't do the 10k increament also, it could be frustrating later on.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by moscobabs(m): 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
simplex2:
What to do, secure the first, kick-off with the second and finish up with the third. That way, you will stand a better chance of maximizing all potentials in the 3 jobs.

If you don't understand what I explained up there, you can understand how I felt after reading your post.

I don't expect everybody to understand some just come to mark register on thread and get their "Likes" and I just gave u one!!

those that can read and comprehend are now responding .

simplex2 was here!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by moscobabs(m): 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
iyisco2001:
Bros, don't go here those Lebanese or Indians or Chinese with a long pole, they will eventually make your life a nightmare, miserable and anything.
The same HR will diss you each time you fight for your right. I am talking from experience. Just evaluate his character during your first meeting and imagine what your line of operation also look like.

If your eastern pall can make the accomodation work for you, I think it's your best option.
Provided you really trust him.

Don't do the 10k increament also, it could be frustrating later on.

thank u very much sir
Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by deusp: 6:25pm On Oct 14, 2016
Any brilliant individual will understand what he wrote #nija with itk
SaintChukz:

I Just Had To Do This!

3 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2016
Sir. God almighty has really blessed you. It's best you choose wisely. Choose the job that you think will be accommodating, comfortable, and a well welcoming environment. I'd prefer the first. But choose wisely.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by OgidiOlu3(m): 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
This is the kind of dilemma I really wish I'm in smiley. Congrats Op.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by HumbleVictor(m): 9:26pm On Oct 14, 2016
Congratulations dude.. i would advice you pray over the three jobs and allow God to choose the best.

1 Like

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by SaintChukz(m): 9:44pm On Oct 14, 2016
deusp:
Any brilliant individual will understand what he wrote #nija with itk

Imagine someone who calls himself a graduate(employable?)quoting me only to type this trash? You could be suffering from grandiose delusions of disillusionment to think you're even half as brilliant as a dim wit. Don't bother quoting me again Silly!
Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by deusp: 9:56pm On Oct 14, 2016
"Pls don't mind my typo errors or my English o."hard for you to understand #
SaintChukz:

Imagine someone who calls himself a graduate(employable?)quoting me only to type this trash? You could be suffering from grandiose delusions of disillusionment to think you're even half as brilliant as a dim wit. Don't bother quoting me again Silly!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by amicable09(f): 10:36pm On Oct 14, 2016
The ororo on top your head gan! grin E don work wonders cheesy
Congratulations OP. Whichever you decide to go for at the end of the day, may it favour you.
Best wishes.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by moscobabs(m): 12:31am On Oct 15, 2016
amicable09:
The ororo on top your head gan! grin E don work wonders cheesy
Congratulations OP. Whichever you decide to go for at the end of the day, may it favour you.
Best wishes.
Amen thank u sister

1 Like

Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by alien1: 7:23am On Oct 15, 2016
@ all, am seeking an internship position here in Port Harcourt. Please
PM/Quote me if you have any links or vacancy.
Thanks
Re: Please Help I'm In Dilemma Presently...I got 3 Offers in single day by nmreports: 8:03am On Oct 15, 2016
Hi Chief, I should be on my way now but I'm willing to help you think through this.

1st job. Trusted associate. Believes in you. Got accommodation for you. Been working with him for years. stable salary right?. Except the family relocation issues.

2nd job. You already got a dose of what you might experience later on the job. Salary cut. Retrenchment. etc. There is a likeability that the other dude spent two days but did rubbish.

3rd job. May be a good job but not certain. Documentation does not mean a guarantee job. There could be a change of mind but this job is a very good alternatice too.

My analysis is this: If you take the 3rd job, life goes on and you could face your challenges as it comes. You won't work for someone forever but when you go back to consulting which you already have the expeeience, you may have lost a client in ref: to the first job. He will not recommend you nor give you jobs.

If you speak with your wife and convince her... confidently making your decision of moving to that first job which I feel should be temporary and not full time then this could be a great decision. Note that challenges may arise there also so brace up.

I might want to take the first job out of courtesy but then if you think about your family the third job seem to be the better choice.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vacancy In An International School In Abuja / Ekiti SUBEB Examination Result Released / Why Do Nigerian Employers Conduct Job Interviews Till Night?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.