Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,237 members, 7,957,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:37 PM

"Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu (42047 Views)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With These Photos / Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife / Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Buhari's Kitchen Comment About Aisha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by NairaMaster1(m): 12:12am On Oct 15, 2016
jakiedudu:
Is PMB sleeping in the same bedroom with his wife Aisha (the other room).
No!....yes!!!!... No but lipsrsealed

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Zellie: 12:22am On Oct 15, 2016
sarrki:

Many have lost it
When he said she belongs to the kitchen
It's like throwing banter
But for the hatred many won't see it
If Aisha is free to do her wish in Aso Rock we may not
Ear all this
stop defending him. you're outgunned
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Hedonistically: 12:24am On Oct 15, 2016
CACAWA:
No shame again...

So now "he was joking"
The only thing in this message is that Garba Shehu agrees with us that Buhari made a terribly wrong statement.
In the world today, Gender Equality is a very hot topic, and there you stand, in the full glare of international media, side by side with the German Chancellor, then you make a statement ridiculing the place of a woman...

...even Donald Trump has lost so much support based on his "locker room" talk ....

And you call it a joke?

I know a joke when I hear one...

The video of Buhari laughing before he responded to the question did not show a man who was about to crack a nasty joke.

It showed a man who felt "hmmm...a whole me....Walahi I will show this girl pepper when I return to Nigeria"
It is that kind of laughter your parents give you when you disgrace them in public.

I fear Aisha Buhari may henceforth be given the same treatment of the fmr Enugu First Lady (house arrest)

Let me conclude by correcting another wrong notion.
When he said "my kitchen, my living room" and "the other room" instead of "my bedroom"...
Psychologist will get the message...PMB and his wife no longer share same bedroom. She stays in "the other room"

Many people didn't understand that subtle message.

The cabals are really at work.

My brother......... It is well with your soul.

Drink one Jack Daniel Single Barrel on me, for the road.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Alanzazani: 12:52am On Oct 15, 2016
how did we get here. Nigeria has become a joke where anything goes. for his supporters i give you thumbs up. i now understand the true meaning of cult followership. Well Hitler jad admirerers, Bashar Al'' Asad of syria and all disfunctional rulers have blind followers.
i fear for Nigeria the cabal is there i blame people that gave Buhari power. he is still coming back after 2019 i tell u Nigerians. the cabal wont relinquish power but will soak nigerians in blood. i blame the west for falling for smooth talking leaders.
they help to brijg these monsters to power and create problems in the long run. can anyone believe thia is the Buhari that was packaged in 2015?

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Solozzo(m): 12:57am On Oct 15, 2016
BishopMagic:
Let's forget about the sexist angle.

Let's forget he was standing close to the current most powerful woman in the world when he made that callous statement.

Let's just forget all that for a minute and let's concentrate on how Buhari showed little or no regard for his own wife's opinion on how he is running this country and that he made that statement in font of the whole world ridiculing and reducing his wife's contributions to just the kitchen and his bed.

Is it you he will listen to?

PMB tried to get back at Aisha for her scathing criticism of his leadership style. Aisha ought to have calibrated her words better in that interview. U cannot call your incompetent, ungrateful then threaten not to support him in a reelection bid, and not be insulted by him too. Aisha is allowing herself to be used by greedy APC members who are hungry to loot the treasury. PMB's appointments should not divide their union. She should trust her husband after discussing with him privately.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by RealBae: 1:22am On Oct 15, 2016
Your wife belong to the Kitchen.,Living room and other room,but you have the audacity,the effrontry to go to another country where women's is highly placed to solicit for help lipsrsealed

Talk about archaic mentality and stone age mind set.Oh God punish those that brought this misery of a man to rule this country at this age.

His body language in all his public functions is simply nauseating.

Just look at his coat....You dey shake hands with one of the most powerful woman in the world meanwhile you reduce women to the kitchen and other room.

Amy so sorry for all your supporters cos you keep given them "Ugba' all the time.

Of all the people the so called APC can parade is this block head they chose to rule Naija at this stage.
Go hide your self in shame Mr media advice,you and your Oga are disgrace to modern world.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by freeze001(f): 1:55am On Oct 15, 2016
flokii:

no one is above mistake which you and I know..
Didn't know why people had to capitalize on it to score cheap points.. That's far worse than insanity

The moment we keep excusing every damned blunder from the No1 citizen, then it means we aren't ready for responsible leadership and those who quickly provide the excuse of mistake are actually certifiable and too insane for words! If he had even applied himself to following the intrigues of the US elections, he'd have been able to take note of how seriously denigrating and abusively putting down women is taken and is actually capable of costing anyone crucial votes.

He may express and act out such a parochial mindset in Nigeria where there are zombies on hand to massage his ego as an infallible tin God, even some women will gladly go on all fours to serve as his footstool but not at international scene, in a European nation abd right in the presence of a woman too-Chancellor Angela Merkel. That to me is stupidity of the highest order and of course the international media will milk this for all its worth.

Call a spade what it is and be honest!

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by freeze001(f): 2:10am On Oct 15, 2016
Solozzo:

PMB tried to get back at Aisha for her scathing criticism of his leadership style. Aisha ought to have calibrated her words better in that interview. U cannot call your incompetent, ungrateful then threaten not to support him in a reelection bid, and not be insulted by him too. Aisha is allowing herself to be used by greedy APC members who are hungry to loot the treasury. PMB's appointments should not divide their union. She should trust her husband after discussing with him privately.

Of course! Male chauvinism at its peak! It must be the woman's fault cos she's the one holding his mouth and forming his words! Naturally he's excused because she gave an interview that made him angry and therefore entitles him to any conduct outside his house particularly abroad in the presence of a female world leader whom he has incidentally gone to beg for military assistance not for kitchen utensils o!

Defend and excuse bùllshït o! It's a zombie's birthright and prerogative.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by freeze001(f): 2:15am On Oct 15, 2016
nagoma:

PDP have infiltrated into Buhari's home with their well known divide and rule tactics.

Yes o! Na PDP dey help am raise prick join for d oda room!
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Amoxman(m): 2:23am On Oct 15, 2016
Sweetguy25:
The president of the most populous black country in the world insulted his wife in front of prominent world leaders and you're calling it a joke? You must be a fool Mr She hu.

oga don't tell me u are surprised is it nt the same man that said Nigerians are criminal nd lazy??
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by preselect(m): 2:42am On Oct 15, 2016
[size=14pt]didn't I say it before that everytime this old fool opens his mouth in public to speak, someone will have to come later and explain what he meant versus what he said.

this fool is old and should step aside for human beings to serve this country better.[/size]

#fool@80

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by linuxuser(m): 2:45am On Oct 15, 2016
To those of you that said The Dullard President was joking. this is what BBC posted as the headline:

Nigerian President: My wife belongs to my kitchen[size=8pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari responds to criticism of his leadership by his wife Aisha Buhari by saying that she "belongs to my kitchen".

I also did not see any where in the video where The German leader ws laughing.

I reserve my comments.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Nobody: 4:05am On Oct 15, 2016
Kill yourself if you think otherwise.

CACAWA:
No shame again...

So now "he was joking"
The only thing in this message is that Garba Shehu agrees with us that Buhari made a terribly wrong statement.
In the world today, Gender Equality is a very hot topic, and there you stand, in the full glare of international media, side by side with the German Chancellor, then you make a statement ridiculing the place of a woman...

...even Donald Trump has lost so much support based on his "locker room" talk ....

And you call it a joke?

The video of Buhari laughing before he responded to the question did not show a man who was about to crack a nasty joke.

It showed a man who felt "hmmm...a whole me....Walahi I will show this girl pepper when I return to Nigeria"
It is that kind of laughter your parents give you when you disgrace them in public.

I fear Aisha Buhari may henceforth be given the same treatment of the fmr Enugu First Lady (house arrest)

When he said "my kitchen, my living room" and "the other room" instead of "my bedroom"...
Psychologist will get the message...PMB and his wife no longer share same bedroom. She stays in "the other room"

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by holyfather(m): 4:07am On Oct 15, 2016
It was a joke, people.
I know everyone is hurting but we mustn't take it out on Buhari.
Make una take chill pills abeg.
He was even smiling when he said it.
It was condescending, but be it as it may, a joke.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Carter4luv(m): 4:07am On Oct 15, 2016
when did buhari became a comedian, if is a joker he should av join the entertainment industry,
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Willz5031: 4:15am On Oct 15, 2016
I've seen this "he was joking" thingy in movies...
President speaks and in attempt to defuse the reactions it has caused and is causing, we get the "it's a joke." I wonder when presidents began making jokes on international TV.
Naija I dey hail oh!
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by dotedote: 5:26am On Oct 15, 2016
Take paracetamol

CACAWA:
No shame again...

So now "he was joking"

And you call it a joke?

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Cannonleo(m): 5:27am On Oct 15, 2016
damage control gone south
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by dotedote: 5:30am On Oct 15, 2016
People have either lost their sense of humour or are just being oversensitive and sentimental. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by OSESUNATE(m): 5:35am On Oct 15, 2016
hopilo:
I remember PEJ during the campaign asked women do you want to go back to the Kitchen? If you vote Buhari you return to the Kitchen. Today, PMB confirmed PEJ statement.
Who dey cook for you?
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by KelvinC1(m): 5:41am On Oct 15, 2016
sarrki:

Who are the we ?
we ni ki wizard
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by joekine: 5:57am On Oct 15, 2016
JumiR:
The spokesman to President Buhari, Mallam Garba Shehu, has said Nigeria's Number 1 man was joking with the statement on his wife's role in the "kitchen, living room, and the other room". In a series of tweets, Shehu said,"My friends, can't a leader get a sense humour anymore? Mr. President laughed before that statement was made.He was obviously throwing a banter.Politics sometimes should be spiced with humour. Those of us close to him knows there is never a dull moment with him.Mr. President respects the place of women in our society. He believes in the abilities of women.One of Nigeria's most sensitive office today is headed by a woman, MAdeosun. This is an evidence of the confidence he reposes on women."

Recall President Buhari had in a brief chat with reporters in Germany today responded to his wife's BBC interview that,“I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room.” Buhari, who laughed off his initial statement, further told the reporters that he hopes his wife will remember that he ran for president three times before succeeding on the fourth attempt. In his words, “So I claim superior knowledge over her and the rest of the opposition, because in the end I have succeeded. It’s not easy to satisfy the whole Nigerian opposition parties or to participate in the government.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/president-buhari-joking-spokesman-kitchen-living-room-room-stmt/
my dear stop deceiving urself .. You even confused as u speak
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by vislabraye(m): 6:05am On Oct 15, 2016
Sweetguy25:

There are some things a President should never be caught saying. Denigrating womanhood is one of them. Meanwhile, he said this in front of one of the most powerful women in the world. How do you expect her to feel as she also someone's wife.

That's what they don't see. Yes, it was a joke. But was it proper considering where he was? It's something he could have said behind closed doors.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by spencekat(m): 6:14am On Oct 15, 2016
I thought it was a joke too.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by uniqueflash(m): 6:16am On Oct 15, 2016
[quote author=sarrki post=50202270]
Who are the we ?
We are the we!
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Bsideboi(m): 6:22am On Oct 15, 2016
He's jam talking jare...
so because he tried and failed to become president 3 times,nw dat has clinched the post ,citizens should be going to bed hungry. To me he doesn't just care.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by no1madman(m): 6:23am On Oct 15, 2016
Aisha needs multiple orgasms. .dullgari; I don give you tip .
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by blazer234: 6:53am On Oct 15, 2016
omonnakoda:
That is your opinion,I respect it but do not share it. I do not think this was sexist.It was just a lame joke

I understand that you've got a job to do. I mean, you've got to earn you salary as a paid per post agent. So, you must find something to type in defence of buhari.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by yinkslinks(m): 6:56am On Oct 15, 2016
A joke u call it? well you are his brother and must take side. it show that buhari and aisha are never in good terms in aso rock.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by vislabraye(m): 6:56am On Oct 15, 2016
holyfather:
It was a joke, people.
I know everyone is hurting but we mustn't take it out on Buhari.
Make una take chill pills abeg.
He was even smiling when he said it.
It was condescending, but be it as it may, a joke.

Yeah, it was a joke and it was funny. But was it proper ?
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Teejay1313(m): 7:01am On Oct 15, 2016
Sweetguy25:
The president of the most populous black country in the world insulted his wife in front of prominent world leaders and you're calling it a joke? You must be a fool Mr She hu.

The wife of d president of the most populous black country in d world spoke against and opposed her husband in public, before d opposition and before d whole world and u are not seeing anything wrong with that? its you who must be the fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Bukola Saraki At Launch Of Trump’s Africa Strategy In US / I Am Wiser Now - Governor Akinwunmi Ambode / Yusuf Buhari And Sisters Attend His Best Friend's Graduation In Dubai (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.