Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr (19614 Views)

AFCON Qualifiers: Vincent Enyeama Joins Super Eagles In Training / World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation / 2018 World Cup: Rohr Warns Girls Not To Visit Super Eagles Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by Martinola(m): 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2016
Monkey work, baboon chop, fire in the jungle...i dey hia dey torch light una 4 HD.
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by ezechueze(m): 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2016
OK
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by namuguibe(m): 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
At 36 ?! undecided
many keepers are brilliant even at that age group.
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by Ayodun1: 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2016
Na who go come be Team Captain if him come back.... Remember the guy no dey use that thing play.

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by Maxivalue(m): 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2016
Ayodun1:
Na who go come be Team Captain if him come back.... Remember the guy no dey use that thing play.
i doubt if he will be willing to work under mikel being d captain.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by Caseless: 4:42pm On Oct 15, 2016
Tolexander:
He can be invited only if he is going to be a deputy to Carl Ikeme.
Ikeme is trying, let him continue.
How would he qualify the Super Eagles for the Mundial, only for Enyeama coming on to replace him?
What kinda "monkey dey work, baboon dey chop" be that?

Enyeama and the entire Lille FC team have been in a questionable form this season. Enyeama is not the same goalkeeper we used to know.
the coach wants to distract the team or his keeper.
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by Ninilowo(m): 5:04pm On Oct 15, 2016
otipoju:
Where is Dele Alampasu ?
My brother, I was dazed when I didn't even see him in the Olympics team. The guy shld not be allowed to fizzle away like dat.
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by Mujtahida: 5:07pm On Oct 15, 2016
Rastamann:
These Coaches know how to spoil their shows every time they think they are going to achieve success. Carl is doing good and the coach seems not to admire him but still have his eyes for Enyeama. How now do you expect Carl to give 101% to this coach and the super eagles in subsequent matches. Please can someone teach some of these coaches how and when to talk to boost the confidence of their players and not bring it down?
So you don't think having Enyeama as one of our other goalkeeping options will be good for both Ikeme and Enyeama? At least that would keep the stakes high and prevent any form of complacency - competition for shirts will keep them on their toes

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by seniorkachion(m): 5:10pm On Oct 15, 2016
As reserve goalkeeper !
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by blazer234: 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2016
Tolexander:
ya bro!

Not as if I'm not supporting him being called back, of course no Nigerian keeper has reached his level. What I'm saying is that his coming shouldn't be allowed to destabilize the team.
Carl should continue being the first choice and Enyeama, if back should be a second choice.
But the question is, Will Enyeama ever agree being an understudy to Carl Ikeme?

Then he should stay in his mummy's house if he doesn't want to deputize.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by Badgers14: 5:19pm On Oct 15, 2016
baum1:

How many years be Buffon, Casailas or Van der Saar at his peak. Goalkeepers get better with age

Those goal keepers you just mentioned were using there real age...

Who "really" think Enyeama is 36 I don't, you don't and that's the problem.. He might well be in his 40's older than those goalkeepers you mentioned.
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by saintdennis(m): 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
At 36 ?!

undecided

How old is buffon?
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by princetom1(m): 5:26pm On Oct 15, 2016
blueto:
as long as he is still performing gringrin .

Haba, keepers arent players, the good ones gets better with age. Ask buffon
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by shumuel(m): 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2016
The News most be from that Lia lia Minister.

So after qualifing the Keepers that help qualify would be religated abi ? Kontinew undecided
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by inalegwu99(m): 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2016
Hy Football lovers.......
you can Join ALL FOOTBALL LOVERS WHATSAPP GROUP

We discuss football
We break the news...
We talk transfers...
We cover games and update on latest scores...
And we argue constructively....

To Join, Whtasapp me with this number 08068009915

Thanks
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by shadrach77: 6:29pm On Oct 15, 2016
dejavubobo1:
no nah ... African goalie's have shown that they depreciate with age which is against the European Ideal.
I remember peter rufia droping shoots to opponents foot against Denmark in 1998. & ike shorumu in 2002 saw retirement.

plz don't make d same mistake. #leave_Karl_ikeme
Your phoolishness is like Peak Milk. It's in you. Which player doesn't depreciate with age ? cry cry

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by DeRay98(m): 6:37pm On Oct 15, 2016
baum1:

He can come but he go rotate with Ikeme...E no go too bam if Bohr tell Ikeme to siddon after he and other boys don get us ticket. Iyama exposure and experience dey needed too.
In the qualifying matches of 1993 for both Tunisia and USA 94, Wilfred Agbonavbare kept the goal throughout.
Alloy Agu who was his deputy but not very reliable.
By Tunisia 94, Peter Rufai who has been absent from Eagles since 1988, was invited and displaced both Wilfred and Alloy Agu. His experience was needed and he was fit.
So, Enyeama's invitation if we qualify is not a new thing.
It's a welcome development. Besides, using other keepers in the qualifying matches will help them gain more experience and confidence. Enyeama has been tested and proven he needs a higher motivation at the highest level.
He remains Nigeria's longest continuous serving goal keeper, most capped and the most successful in history.
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by katunboy: 6:40pm On Oct 15, 2016
Rastamann:
These Coaches know how to spoil their shows every time they think they are going to achieve success. Carl is doing good and the coach seems not to admire him but still have his eyes for Enyeama. How now do you expect Carl to give 101% to this coach and the super eagles in subsequent matches. Please can someone teach some of these coaches how and when to talk to boost the confidence of their players and not bring it down?
exactly what I was thinking.
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by bigtt76(f): 6:48pm On Oct 15, 2016
Hin Papa Don confuse am grin

otipoju:
Where is Dele Alampasu ?
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by richidinho(m): 8:09pm On Oct 15, 2016
ogunsbanjul:
To do what? Well, to be a deputy goal keeper to Carl Ikeme and assistant captain too to Mikel Obi because he can not reap what he did not sow. He(Enyeama) no dey shame? Unwelcome, unnecessary, unacceptable and shameful idea

U be real baby aswear
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 8:19pm On Oct 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
At 36 ?!

undecided
How old was Van der sar in his prime and he retired at 40, how old is juventus shot stopper Gianluigi Buffon? for a keeper 36 ain't bad.
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by dejavubobo1(m): 8:31pm On Oct 15, 2016
shadrach77:

Your phoolishness is like Peak Milk. It's in you. Which player doesn't depreciate with age ? cry cry
Ur way worst o, didn't I give u fact & year of event... why can't u also buttress ur point with some fact #ur mumu must be generationally mutated.

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by baum1: 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2016
DeRay98:

In the qualifying matches of 1993 for both Tunisia and USA 94, Wilfred Agbonavbare kept the goal throughout.
Alloy Agu who was his deputy but not very reliable.
By Tunisia 94, Peter Rufai who has been absent from Eagles since 1988, was invited and displaced both Wilfred and Alloy Agu. His experience was needed and he was fit.
So, Enyeama's invitation if we qualify is not a new thing.
It's a welcome development. Besides, using other keepers in the qualifying matches will help them gain more experience and confidence. Enyeama has been tested and proven he needs a higher motivation at the highest level.
He remains Nigeria's longest continuous serving goal keeper, most capped and the most successful in history.

Thank you for the throwback. Didn't realise Wilfred kept throughout the qualifiers. May his soul rest in peace.

You have a strong point and really can't debate it. But if Ikeme is performing at an equally high level in the current matches, I no see why he go dey look while Iyama go keep all the matches. Anyway, let's wait and see..But Iyama's come back is a welcome development.
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by priphil(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
At 36 ?!
undecided
Has Buffon retired??
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by kechywillz(m): 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2016
Its a welcome development
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by virginchaser(m): 5:49am On Oct 16, 2016
daveP:
I don't like the idea. better he returns now and make the world Cup and we would know he worked for it

I know he was a victim but if this happens, then Emenike also deserves a world Cup place too.

What! Who seeks your opinion? Just kidding.
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by davidif: 5:53am On Oct 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
At 36 ?!

undecided

Goalkeepers don't usually age like outfield players. That's why guys like Buffon can coach past there 30's.
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by hardbody: 7:08am On Oct 16, 2016
I want him back to the shame of Oliseh....even if he doesn't keep.

That guy was unjustly removed at the peak of his loss and a very sad moment.

Whatever works though
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by Vicrobor(m): 7:44am On Oct 16, 2016
I think the coach should allow Ikeme to continue with his impressive contributions to the team. Enyeama should relax, unless he wants to come in as a reserve keeper. This is the breakthrough that Ikeme needs in his career.
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by DeRay98(m): 9:17am On Oct 16, 2016
baum1:

Thank you for the throwback. Didn't realise Wilfred kept throughout the qualifiers. May his soul rest in peace.

You have a strong point and really can't debate it. But if Ikeme is performing at an equally high level in the current matches, I no see why he go dey look while Iyama go keep all the matches. Anyway, let's wait and see..But Iyama's come back is a welcome development.

Enyeama's presence and experience will challenge Ikeme to up his game. You dont take only one world class keeper to the World Cup or even AFCON its not wise. Enyeama got better because of the threat and presence Austin Ejide whom he actually displaced in 2002 before the WC in Korea.
If you look back to France '98, that was the problem and reason a tired and retired Rufai who was on summer vacation was yanked from his holiday beach hotel to rescue us and he fumbled big time.
Ike Shoroumi was in form in Switzerland and the Eagels coach depended on him alone with deputy being Opara and one Julius Berger keeper. But before WC started Shoroumi was injured in club action and we were in trouble. The coaches didn't have confidence in Opara and the other keeper. That's the lesson history should teach us.
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by DeRay98(m): 9:24am On Oct 16, 2016
hardbody:
I want him back to the shame of Oliseh....even if he doesn't keep.

That guy was unjustly removed at the peak of his loss and a very sad moment.

Whatever works though

How can it be shame on Oliseh? Is not Oliseh who brought Carle Ikeme that you're now praising. Did we know of Ikeme before Oliseh came?
Make you dey reason well nau.
Enyeama actually needed a break from being over depended on. Our local coaches probably would have continued relying on Vincent without efforts to train another keeper to World class.
So, it's good for us.
Re: Enyeama Will Return If We Qualify For World Cup – Rohr by Agbanagba1(m): 9:39am On Oct 16, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]We enjoyed Enyeama while he played and lasted as Super Eagles goalkeeper but his time is over.Carl Ikeme is doing a very good job for the team and should be encouraged.And moreover,there are many good young goalkeepers in the nigeria,we only need to trust them and instil in them the required confidence.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal’s Best Line-up To Face Man Utd: No Xhaka Or Ozil / Dates Revealed For Summer 2019 Transfer Window / Arsenal Cancels Aubameyang’s Contract Ahead Of Barcelona Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.