Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,418 members, 7,812,234 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Transponder Bypass Gadget In Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Transponder Bypass Gadget In Car (790 Views)

5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership / Is There A DIY Process To Duplicate A Transponder Key? / See How Hyperloop Will Move Passengers Through Tunnels To Bypass Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transponder Bypass Gadget In Car by ukata16(m): 10:09pm On Oct 14, 2016
Guys good evening,
Please I need n explanation. I googled but didn't get a favourable insight. I found this under my steering when my rewire guy was removing an old alarm system that came with my car but that's not functional. We ended up removing it but I want to know why it was put there and if it's aftermarket or came with my car. Also wil removing it affect m car? Honda accord 1998 i4

Re: Transponder Bypass Gadget In Car by bigl: 11:22pm On Oct 14, 2016
Well, I'm not as knowledgeable as gazzuz or ikenna but I think a transponder was being used for the car before and it influences a lotof the car functions. So, after some time, maybe a fault, there was need to ditch the so called transponder circuit, so instead of having to do some rewiring work, the rewire guy simply dumped a transponder bypass.
Re: Transponder Bypass Gadget In Car by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:44am On Oct 15, 2016
ukata16:
Guys good evening,
Please I need n explanation. I googled but didn't get a favourable insight. I found this under my steering when my rewire guy was removing an old alarm system that came with my car but that's not functional. We ended up removing it but I want to know why it was put there and if it's aftermarket or came with my car. Also wil removing it affect m car? Honda accord 1998 i4

most likely the car had an aftermarket remote start hence the transponder bypass

1 Like

Re: Transponder Bypass Gadget In Car by mayor2013: 8:49am On Oct 15, 2016
That's an aftermarket device. Could you snap your key and lets see what it looks like. That transponder unit might fail over time

1 Like

Re: Transponder Bypass Gadget In Car by ukata16(m): 10:20am On Oct 15, 2016
Thanks for your responses. Here's the pic of my car.
Hope removing it won't affect my car?

Re: Transponder Bypass Gadget In Car by mayor2013: 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2016
ukata16:
Thanks for your responses. Here's the pic of my car.
Hope removing it won't affect my car?

There is no harm in trying wink
Re: Transponder Bypass Gadget In Car by baconline(m): 7:41am On Oct 16, 2016
Its for a remote starter, there is still another box close to that one, it is the module for the remote starter,u most likely have a chip inside d bypass which starts d car, it u don't need d remote starter any more u can remove d chip and put it inside a blank key ,cut the blade and u have a spare key, the other option is to program the remote for the starter

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Mercedes Benz January Sales In The History / A Nigerian Used 2008 Camry For Sale / Urgent!!! Need Advice On Insurance (comprehensive) For My Car In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.