Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS (9055 Views)

Nigeria’s Inflation Rises To 11.44% In December 2018—NBS / Nigeria's Inflation Declines To 17.78% / Cost Of Living In Nigeria Surges To 17.9% In September - NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 14, 2016
Oct 14 Annual inflation in Nigeria accelerated in September to 17.9 percent, a more than 11-year high and the eighth monthly rise in a row, highlighting the economic crisis in Africa's most populous nation.

The rise from 17.4 percent in August reflected higher prices for electricity, kerosene, transport and food, a separate index for which rose to 16.6 percent from August's 16.4 percent, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) saidon Friday.

"During the month, the highest increases were seen in clothing materials, shoes, books and stationeries," the NBS said in a statement.

Nigeria, Africa's biggest energy producer, has seen its economy slide into recession for the first time in 25 years, largely due to the impact of low oil prices. Crude oil sales account for 70percent of government revenue.

These problems have been exacerbated by a spate of militant attacks this year that have cut oil output and a dollar shortage on the currency markets that has frustrated businesses struggling to import raw materials for production.

On Friday the central bank auctioned a two-month dollar forwards to clear a backlog of demand from airlines, manufacturers and other companies, traders said.

The NBS has revised its forecast for year-end inflation, estimating the index will end at between 17.1 percent and 18 percent, up from 9 percent at the start of the year. (Reporting by Chijioke Ohuocha; editing by Mark Heinrich)

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL8N1CK4JX?rpc=401&

Lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by socialmediaman: 11:12pm On Oct 14, 2016
High inflation rate, high unemployment, increasing crime rate, corrupt institutions still corrupt, no significant attention to education... Plus recession! Nigerians have really endured enough from this government!

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:18pm On Oct 14, 2016
Every misyarn & record was a hit back to back, from 5% &97% Theory TO West Germany TO Nigerians are fantastically corrupt TO My Wife Belongs To The Kitchen, Living Room. Iyalaya zombies, defending the indefensible ti take over.

If you want to argue go to #TheOtherRoom

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by bettercreature(m): 11:25pm On Oct 14, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Every misyarn & record was a hit back to back, from 5% talk TO West Germany TO Nigerians are fantastically corrupt TO My Wife Belongs To The Kitchen, Living Room. Iyalaya zombies, you can argue #InTheOtherRoom
We are going to hold family meeting because of your situation and its going to be this sunday.You are going crazy here!

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:27pm On Oct 14, 2016
bettercreature:
We are going to hold family meeting because of your situation and its going to happen on sunday.You are going crazy here!
please goan argue #InTheOtherRoom tongue tongue

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by jimi4us: 11:49pm On Oct 14, 2016
You can't have a waec certificate like this and believe you can build a strong economy.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by jakiedudu(m): 11:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
The economy will keep getting worse and worse if this govt doesn't sit up. Prices of goods and services are increasing every day. Imagine palm oil now out of reach for some families. In fact the economic situation today is the worst one ever.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by jiinxed: 12:07am On Oct 15, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Every misyarn & record was a hit back to back, from 5% talk TO West Germany TO Nigerians are fantastically corrupt TO My Wife Belongs To The Kitchen, Living Room. Iyalaya zombies, defending the indefensible ti take over.

If you want to argue go to #TheOtherRoom

Enyi, it's like you want some zombies to commit suicide? Eh? grin grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:18am On Oct 15, 2016
jiinxed:

Enyi, it's like you want some zombies to commit suicide? Eh? grin grin
Not at all nah, they are our friends who that refused to see the light even when the whole house is surrounded with halogen lamps. angry

Brother, i thought being a wailer is very hard but, when i understood that defending the indefensible is one hell of a job, then I started having pity on zombies.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by Splinz(m): 12:37am On Oct 15, 2016
Oh goodness, what have we done to deserved this plaqued?

If only zombies had an iota of human sympathy, they would have speedingly call for a national day of mourning, put on ashes and sackcloth and weep their hearts out as penance for the evil they foisted on us.

But regrettably, zombies will always be zombies. SMH

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by Nobody: 5:51am On Oct 15, 2016
Hmmm, dey z we are changing, which Kind change? It is spoiling

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by alegbeleye(m): 7:07am On Oct 15, 2016
To get out of this recession, I guess we need to relocate to the other rooms.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by NaijaMutant(f): 7:07am On Oct 15, 2016
It seems zombies have suddenly stopped blaming GEJ. grin grin grin
They must have been hit very hard by reality grin

Anyway, Click SHARE if you think GEJ is the cause of all Buhari's problem in Government grin

Click LIKE if you think the dullard presidiot is the architect of Nigeria's woes
undecided

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 15, 2016
All is going to be better with time

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by africanjink(m): 7:08am On Oct 15, 2016
God bless Nigeria, iStandwithPMB

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by JEWELCOSMETICS: 7:08am On Oct 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by chronique(m): 7:09am On Oct 15, 2016
This is what happens when idiots are in power. In just over a year,Nigeria has been reduced to its worst state ever,with no ray of hope in sight that things will get better anytime soon.

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by Millz404(m): 7:09am On Oct 15, 2016
I wish buhari well, he should just go and rest in the bosom of the Lord where there is peace and joy, and leave Nigeria the fucccck alone

Modified: somebody said dss will soon be looking for me, when has wishing somebody heaven become such a bad thing

26 Likes

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by NaijaMutant(f): 7:09am On Oct 15, 2016
africanjink:
God bless Nigeria, iStandwithPMB
Will you force God to bless Nigeria?

In fact, as long as you are still standing with Buhari God cannot bless Nigeria undecided

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by ibroh22(m): 7:10am On Oct 15, 2016
ok
Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by Pavore9: 7:12am On Oct 15, 2016
Things are really rough. angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by NaijaMutant(f): 7:12am On Oct 15, 2016
Millz404:
I wish buhari well, he should just go and rest in the blossom of the Lord where there is peace and joy, and leave us the fucccck alone

This is evil

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by naijaboy756: 7:12am On Oct 15, 2016
bettercreature:
We are going to hold family meeting because of your situation and its going to be this sunday.You are going crazy here!
no I don't think so... I feel you and the proposed meeting attendees need a psychia!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by NaijaMutant(f): 7:13am On Oct 15, 2016
chronique:
This is what happens when idiots are in power. In just over a year,Nigeria has been reduced to its worst state ever,with no ray of hope in sight that things will get better anytime soon.

Cc: DSS Nairaland undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by magicminister: 7:14am On Oct 15, 2016
Buhari please die! or step down so a more competent hand can take over!

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by olutosfem(f): 7:14am On Oct 15, 2016
Lies...the thing pass 50% sef. Person salary don turn tissue paper cry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by saintkel(m): 7:15am On Oct 15, 2016
All dis just from Buhari's regime? What kindof change is dis?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by rabex123(m): 7:15am On Oct 15, 2016
Make we hear word already..
Wat are u guys doing about it then.??
Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by sammyj: 7:16am On Oct 15, 2016
It is well shocked
Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by tolexy007(m): 7:16am On Oct 15, 2016
This is painful, My regular power Oil sachet that use to b 60 naira is now 90 Naira., I almost cry when then Seller told me

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Inflation Rises To 17.9 Percent In September – NBS by Young03(m): 7:16am On Oct 15, 2016
not up to wat I think

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Access Bank Goes Forex / Do You Need Proof Of Funds? / Let's Build A Professional Website For Your Business. No Advance Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.