Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Keep Your Focus On Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Keep Your Focus On Christ (345 Views)

My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... / Prayer For Leah Sharibu... The Young Lady Who Will Not Give Up On Christ Jesus. / On Christ The Solid Rock I Stand........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keep Your Focus On Christ by yommyuk: 6:35am On Oct 15, 2016
Very few people in this day and age appreciate Jesus’ use of the plow as an illustration of a life dedicated to the Lord (Luke 9:62). A Plow during Jesus time was a large farming equipment with one or more blades fixed in a frame, drawn over soil by a mule to turn it over and cut furrows in preparation for the planting of seeds. This ancient equipment was pulled forward by a mule (the offspring of a horse), but a farmer to had hold on to the blade to direct it’s path. This old fashioned plow was no easy equipment to use. The key to make an efficient use of it was to stay focus on the work and keep one’s eye focus on the blade so that it stays on a straight line every single inch along the way.

This same methodology is required of every believer that trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and saviour. We are to put our hand to the plow as we follow Christ in absolute obedience; always keeping our eyes focused on Him. Not looking to the left or the right.

That’s how we reap a harvest of faith. Discouraged believers often plow a crooked row, because they’re looking over their shoulder to dwell on past regrets or peering around to see what pleasures await. Their field of faith looks like a disorganized mess. Moreover, distraction slows them down, with the result that spiritual growth is sluggish, if they mature at all.

Therefore brethren, give up whatever draws your attention away from the heavenly Father. Believers who focus on past failures and present distractions end up all over the place in their Christian life; peace and joy are elusive and prayers go unanswered. Follow the Lord earnestly, and He will bring forth much spiritual fruit.

Luke 9:62
Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”

Hosea 10:12
Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that he may come and rain righteousness upon you.

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

1 Corinthians 3:6
I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth.

1 Corinthians 3:9
For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ships Of The Desert / Please I Need Songs / How Should My Tithe Be Calculated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.