Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Doctors In The House Pls Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors In The House Pls Help (679 Views)

BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State / Dermatologist In The House Pls I Need Urgent Help / See The Massive Fibroid Doctors Removed From A Woman's Stomach. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors In The House Pls Help by bobbyANSELEM: 7:27am On Oct 15, 2016
Am a guy, i'm from imo state but i base at abia sate (i'm a student) pls i have been battling seroius acne and pimples for a very long time now, i resently ordered retin a gel 0.05(i have heard so many reviews online) but i realised its not heping issue, no peeling(as they said) am stranded, am pained because this stuff is danm expensive and it isnt in imo state i had to buy online and waybill it totally costing 5k, i was thinking that maybe the 0.05 is too weak for me, i want to knw if i buy retin a 0.1(the highest strenght) to see if i will get results will i? Pls advice
Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by Nateben(m): 8:00am On Oct 15, 2016
Please, how old are you?
Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by Tastemoney(m): 8:11am On Oct 15, 2016
If the Acne is caused by bacteria or fungi, I doubt if Retin A (vitamin A) will be of much therapeutic benefit here.

Doxycycline (oral tablets) + Vitamin A(oral tabs) + ketoconazol (cream to be applied topically on the face) is what you need to get rid of acne in matter of two weeks ....

Retinol 0.1% may expose you to the adverse effects of the drug which include excessive growth of tumors in the skin and high sensitivity to light rays. ..

#pharmacists
Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 15, 2016
Your Acne and pimples could be genetic......your diet can also be a factor; eat lots of fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water and don't eat oily, sugary foods every time, just once in a while.

By applying lemon fresh juice to your skin you can easily get rid of acne overnight. Take 1 lemon and squeeze it in a bowl. Dip a clean cotton swab in fresh lemon juice and apply it to the pimples before going to bed. In morning, wash your face with lukewarm water. smiley
Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by bobbyANSELEM: 9:34am On Oct 15, 2016
Nateben:
Please, how old are you?
i'm 19 sir
Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by bobbyANSELEM: 9:38am On Oct 15, 2016
Tastemoney:
If the Acne is caused by bacteria or fungi, I doubt if Retin A (vitamin A) will be of much therapeutic benefit here.

Doxycycline (oral tablets) + Vitamin A(oral tabs) + ketoconazol (cream to be applied topically on the face) is what you need to get rid of acne in matter of two weeks ....

Retinol 0.1% may expose you to the adverse effects of the drug which include excessive growth of tumors in the skin and high sensitivity to light rays. ..

#pharmacists

thanks for ur recommendation and prescription but i have used ketoconazol (the cream) for 3 months,,, its useless to my acne issue,,, i have to withdraw from the school competition because of this, i cant even stand pple looking at my face, the pimples are much,
Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by bobbyANSELEM: 9:42am On Oct 15, 2016
Tastemoney:

#pharmacists

thanks for ur recommendation and prescription but i have used ketoconazol (the cream) for 3 months,,, its useless to my acne issue,,, i have to withdraw from the school competition because of this, i cant even stand pple looking at my face, the pimples are much,
Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by bobbyANSELEM: 9:45am On Oct 15, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Your Acne and pimples could be genetic......your diet can also be a factor; eat lots of fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water and don't eat oily, sugary foods every time, just once in a while.

By applying lemon fresh juice to your skin you can easily get rid of acne overnight. Take 1 lemon and squeeze it in a bowl. Dip a clean cotton swab in fresh lemon juice and apply it to the pimples before going to bed. In morning, wash your face with lukewarm water. smiley

thanks for ur recommendation, what have i not used? Tell me? From tomato juice, to cucumber juice i even bought and used citric acid it was too harsh and painful to the skin i have to stop, i also used lemon/lime juice with honey,, all it does is to burn the pimple but it wont disappear.
Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by Tastemoney(m): 9:51am On Oct 15, 2016
bobbyANSELEM:

Ketoconazol alone won't give an appreciable result.. U need to augment it with antibiotics and Vitamin A.

Or best still, visit a hospital for more professional treatment
Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 15, 2016
Then it has to be genetic, the only thing you can do is to change your diet smiley....instead of taking soft drinks, take beverages like black coffee (no milk, no sugar), green tea, take your tea black(no milk no sugar).....all these beverages detoxify your system even when you take fruits, vegetables and lots of water smiley
bobbyANSELEM:

thanks for ur recommendation, what have i not used? Tell me? From tomato juice, to cucumber juice i even bought and used citric acid it was too harsh and painful to the skin i have to stop, i also used lemon/lime juice with honey,, all it does is to burn the pimple but it wont disappear.
Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by bobbyANSELEM: 10:06am On Oct 15, 2016
Tastemoney:

Ketoconazol alone won't give an appreciable result.. U need to augment it with antibiotics and Vitamin A.

Or best still, visit a hospital for more professional treatment
is retin a not a vitamin A?

What do u think about this combination Retin a gel 0.1 + Ketoconazol?
Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by bobbyANSELEM: 10:07am On Oct 15, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Then it has to be genetic, the only thing you can do is to change your diet smiley....instead of taking soft drinks, take beverages like black coffee (no milk, no sugar), green tea, take your tea black(no milk no sugar).....all these beverages detoxify your system even when you take fruits, vegetables and lots of water smiley

thanks,, i'll try my best,

1 Like

Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by Tastemoney(m): 11:13am On Oct 15, 2016
bobbyANSELEM:
is retin a not a vitamin A?

What do u think about this combination Retin a gel 0.1 + Ketoconazol?

Retin A is a topical vitamin A.
What vitamin A does is that it improves the body defense mechanism against bacteria and fungi that cause inflammation of the sabeceous gland in the skin that results in acne.

You ll get a better result if u take vitamin A orally(instead of applying it topically in the skin) for two to three weeks and any antifungal or antibacterial cream topically.

Retin A 0.1 + ketoconazol creams might not give appreciable result.
Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by Tastemoney(m): 11:14am On Oct 15, 2016
bobbyANSELEM:

thanks,, i'll try my best,

yes, there's need to modify diet
Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by Nateben(m): 11:28am On Oct 15, 2016
bobbyANSELEM:
i'm 19 sir

OK, I asked because when I was your age, I had the worst type you can ever imagine, mine was so bad, it looked like boil, it started disappearing when I got to the age of 24 and above, now, I don't even remember it... So please, relax, it's just a phase, it'll go on its self....

Or you can use neomedrol, if it doesn't work, please leave your face alone, it will go.

That's all I have to say...
Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by bobbyANSELEM: 11:45am On Oct 15, 2016
ItsQuinn,,, thnks very much ur a sweetheart, i will stop the intake of sugar, nuts, butters, and some fatty food, (but as a student u knw its not easy lolz) but i will try thank u very much,

TasteMoney,, tanx for ur time bro, i really appreciate, an gonna take vitamine A daily and also apply retin a gel 0.1 and Ketoconazol and see how it goes, thanks to u all for ur advice,

but the problem is where to get the retin a gel 0.1 in imo or abia(i dont wanna spend extra 2k for waybill again) if u knw here i can get it apart from lag, i will really apreciate it if u disclose it to me, tnks

1 Like

Re: Doctors In The House Pls Help by bobbyANSELEM: 11:49am On Oct 15, 2016
Nateben:

OK, I asked because when I was your age, I had the worst type you can ever imagine, mine was so bad, it looked like boil, it started disappearing when I got to the age of 24 and above, now, I don't even remember it... So please, relax, it's just a phase, it'll go on its self....

Or you can use neomedrol, if it doesn't work, please leave your face alone, it will go.

That's all I have to say...

thanks sir, i have also tried ur way (by trying not to be botherd and also trying to leave my face untouched for almost a month, the stupid acne remined there)

(1) (Reply)

Vaginitis - Cause And Prevention / (HEALTH) 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls / Are There PATM Sufferers (people Are Allergic To Me) In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.