Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Vaginitis - Cause And Prevention - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Vaginitis - Cause And Prevention (676 Views)

5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? / Type 2 Diabetes, Understanding The Real Cause And How To Maintain It / Colon Cancer Is Dangerous, Know Causes And Prevention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vaginitis - Cause And Prevention by eltalentino(m): 12:05am On Oct 23, 2016
Vaginitis is also commonly known as vaginal infection. This is the inflammation of the vagina. If you are like most women, there is a tendency you will have some form of vaginitis at least once in your life.

In most cases, the inflammation of the vagina is due to a fungal infection. The symptoms are typically vaginal discharge, itching, burning and possibly pain. It is frequently linked to an irritation or infection from the vulva. Vaginitis is very common among women, especially those with diabetes.

There are several types and the most common are atrophic vaginitis, bacterial vaginosis and trichomoniasis (trich).

Atrophic vaginitis: here, the lining of the vagina gets thinner when estrogen (a female hormone) level goes down during menopause. This makes the lining more susceptible to irritation and inflammation.

Bacterial vaginosis: this is caused by an overgrowth of the normal or good bacteria in the vagina, which is the lactobacillus.

Trichomoniasis: sometimes referred to as trich, it is caused by a sexually transmitted single cell protozoan parasite, 'trichonomas vaginalis’. It may infect other urogenital tracts, including the urethra (where urine comes out of), as well as the Vagina.

The characteristic symptoms
of vaginitis include; Itching, burning and discharge.

Irritation of the genital area
Vaginal discharge
Inflammation
Dysuria - pain or discomfort when urinating
Dyspareunia - painful sexual intercourse
Foul vaginal odour.

Causes of vaginitis

Vulvovaginitis, that is the inflammation of the vagina and vulva, can affect women of all ages and from every socioeconomic and ethnic background.

Infectious vaginitis (candidiasis, bacterial and trich) make up 90% of all cases in post - pubescent females. Less common vaginitis may be caused by gonorrhoea, herpes, some parasites and poor hygiene.

Young girls, before puberty, may also develop vaginitis, but the cause is different from those of older female. While streptococcus spp causes bacterial vaginosis for pre-pubescent girls, 'gardnerella' is responsible for that of post-pubescent females.

The bad bacteria and sometimes gems that cause vaginitis can be spread through sex. Some antibiotics (medicines), poor diet, damp underwear, birth control devices and pregnancy can also cause some form of vaginitis.

Improper hygiene in pre-pubescent girls can be a responsible factor.
Also, an allergic reaction can cause vaginitis. For example, some women may be allergic to condoms, certain soaps, perfumes and lubricants.

How is vaginitis treated?

The type of treatment needed hugely depends on the cause of the infection. Treatment for vaginitis may include topical antibiotics, antifungal or antibacterial creams.

How can I prevent vaginitis?

Good hygiene -keep vaginal area clean. Use a mild soap and pat dry.
Avoid douching and irritating agents, which may be present in sprays, soaps and other feminine products.
Wear loose panties, preferably cotton or cotton-lined underwear.
Wipe your vagina and anus from front to back
Limit the number of sex partners
See your healthcare provider if you notice any foul discharge or smell.
Take antibiotics only when necessary.

Source: www.humantherapyhub.com
Re: Vaginitis - Cause And Prevention by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2016
"Limiting the number of sex partners" huh??

So it's alright if the lady has no more than 2-3 sex partners huh??

Why not just say it as it should be huh?

A LADY SHOULD STICK TO ONE DICK DAMMIT!!!

Having even two will bring different body germ compositions and penis skin in contact with her "V" and may cause irritation of the "V". This is another reason why being unfaithful is dangerous.... (And hey! The topic says Vaginitis that's why I'm staying on the ladies. I'm not saying I'm blind to the guys' sexcapades).

ANOTHER ANGLE IS THIS.... What if the one dick you stay faithful to IS ACTUALLY NOT FAITHFUL. He "shoots his dick" into a good number of ladies thereby picking "different germs" and then comes to "deposit all" into your "V". #Yiiikeeeeeesssss #yuck

Also the ladies your guy have sex runs with also have a chain of other guys who enter their "V" and this guy of yours (your one and only) sucks from them all in sex and then he meets you..... And you two "happily" get down "on it" in the other room.... #yuuucckkkk!!!!

Look.... Truth be told. I know a lotta of guys will say, "But it's our nature... We have needs mehn!!!.......... You don't know the game brova!"

Well, I say that is absolute ravishing nonsense..... smiley

Ladies, you wanna prevent Vaginitis huh?? You wanna keep your "V" neat and awesome huh?? Well, do everything else from proper hygience of your "V" to avoding irritants and douching agents which could cause great nuissance to your "V" among other good tips.......

....... But ultimately!!!!!!!

DO NOT ENGAGE IN "HOP-FROM-ONE-TO-THE-OTHER-KINDA" Sex just because you think Guy B knows how to give to ya better than Guy A, or that Guy C knows how to give you "a head" better than Guy B but is not as romantic as Guys A or B.... Stick to One for your "V"'s sake And you gotta be sure the guy you allow access to your precious "V" is worth it and not some guy who can ruin your "V" environment coz of his own "sexcapades" with other ladies out there. An example of a "V" so dirty and looks ruined is seen in that controversial "Chidimma Okeke lebian sex scandal" video... The lady lying on the bed identified as "Ada" has one hell of a "V" (SO DIRTY LOOKING"wink. **hey! I'm a young medical scientist and all-round science scholar so don't start getting foul thoughts smiley **

In a nutshell, Her "V" is messed up!!!! And we know why don't we?? "SEXCAPADES GALORE"

Final Note: Even if such guys (with escapades) wanna use a condom with ya and you think, "How sweet, he actually thinks of me and my V"..... I ask this, "are you okay being one of "his" sexcapade partners knowing fully well you're gonna be a wife to some guy someday?? Wonder what you will bring into such union with that one man after ruining your V?? I'm not speaking of ladies who didn't have a prayer of escape from sexual abuse.. Theirs is different and they should not be stigmatised. I speak of ladies who have the freedom of choice to live good and make the right decisions.

WELL, IT'S A FREE WORLD.... LIVE AND LET'S LIVE BUT A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE. smiley

#vaginitis_And_Sex
Re: Vaginitis - Cause And Prevention by eltalentino(m): 11:27am On Oct 23, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
"Limiting the number of sex partners" huh??

So it's alright if the lady has no more than 2-3 sex partners huh??

Why not just say it as it should be huh?

A LADY SHOULD STICK TO ONE DICK DAMMIT!!!

Having even two will bring different body germ compositions and penis skin in contact with her "V" and may cause irritation of the "V". This is another reason why being unfaithful is dangerous.... (And hey! The topic says Vaginitis that's why I'm staying on the ladies. I'm not saying I'm blind to the guys' sexcapades).

ANOTHER ANGLE IS THIS.... What if the one dick you stay faithful to IS ACTUALLY NOT FAITHFUL. He "shoots his dick" into a good number of ladies thereby picking "different germs" and then comes to "deposit all" into your "V". #Yiiikeeeeeesssss #yuck

Also the ladies your guy have sex runs with also have a chain of other guys who enter their "V" and this guy of yours (your one and only) sucks from them all in sex and then he meets you..... And you two "happily" get down "on it" in the other room.... #yuuucckkkk!!!!

Look.... Truth be told. I know a lotta of guys will say, "But it's our nature... We have needs mehn!!!.......... You don't know the game brova!"

Well, I say that is absolute ravishing nonsense..... smiley

Ladies, you wanna prevent Vaginitis huh?? You wanna keep your "V" neat and awesome huh?? Well, do everything else from proper hygience of your "V" to avoding irritants and douching agents which could cause great nuissance to your "V" among other good tips.......

....... But ultimately!!!!!!!

DO NOT ENGAGE IN "HOP-FROM-ONE-TO-THE-OTHER-KINDA" Sex just because you think Guy B knows how to give to ya better than Guy A, or that Guy C knows how to give you "a head" better than Guy B but is not as romantic as Guys A or B.... Stick to One for your "V"'s sake And you gotta be sure the guy you allow access to your precious "V" is worth it and not some guy who can ruin your "V" environment coz of his own "sexcapades" with other ladies out there. An example of a "V" so dirty and looks ruined is seen in that controversial "Chidimma Okeke lebian sex scandal" video... The lady lying on the bed identified as "Ada" has one hell of a "V" (SO DIRTY LOOKING"wink. **hey! I'm a young medical scientist and all-round science scholar so don't start getting foul thoughts smiley **

In a nutshell, Her "V" is messed up!!!! And we know why don't we?? "SEXCAPADES GALORE"

Final Note: Even if such guys (with escapades) wanna use a condom with ya and you think, "How sweet, he actually thinks of me and my V"..... I ask this, "are you okay being one of "his" sexcapade partners knowing fully well you're gonna be a wife to some guy someday?? Wonder what you will bring into such union with that one man after ruining your V?? I'm not speaking of ladies who didn't have a prayer of escape from sexual abuse.. Theirs is different and they should not be stigmatised. I speak of ladies who have the freedom of choice to live good and make the right decisions.

WELL, IT'S A FREE WORLD.... LIVE AND LET'S LIVE BUT A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE. smiley

#vaginitis_And_Sex

I agree with you on 100%. You wouldn't have said it better and with a good sense of humor. Oh well what would say about abstinence?

(1) (Reply)

(HEALTH) 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls / OMG! See What Happened To This Nigerian Girl Who Did Butt Enlargement (photos) / These Fake Eggs Produced By Evil Manufacturers Can Make You Lose Your Memory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.