Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Nollywood And Animal Cruelty - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood And Animal Cruelty (3619 Views)

How Nollywood And Hollywood Almost Killed Me! (+PICS) / Can Nollywood And Bollywood Ever Work Together? / Nollywood: Largest Movie Industry After Nollywood And Bollywood! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by naijacutee(f): 6:27am On Jan 12, 2007
But as with most things in life, it's a choice you make. If you can't stomach 'em, then don't watch 'em! undecidedFor example some vegetarians don't cakes with animal fat in them, even if they taste nice.
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by Ndipe(m): 8:03am On Jan 12, 2007
Yeah, so that means Hollywood film producers should take into account that vegeterians abstain from flesh, and as such, movie scenes depicting the consumption of flesh should not be filmed to avoid the ire of these vegeterians?

Right?@loverbwoy
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by Seun(m): 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2007
Pet lovers far outnumber vegetarians in most parts of the world. No producer wants to offend a potential customer.
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by waleleader(m): 9:28pm On Jan 12, 2007
This issue should be taken seriously cos Nollywood is no longer just a Nigerian thing, the international audience is probably bigger than that in Nigeria. I get a lot of non-Nigerians asking me to lend them nollywood flicks when i dont even own one.

I think the solution is for Nollywood to categotize its movies so u can be prepared for what ur about to watch. U know, lets know if its horror and contains gruesome scenes or if its romance and may include sexual references.
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by Josh4ever9: 10:26pm On Jan 13, 2007
Typical Nigerian Simpleton heh? I beg your pardon that i refuse to let the views of a minority number of people influence the way i feel abt things. And calling me a simpleton will not change that fact.
And i still stand by my ealier statement that if u are bothered by the animal cruelty, then hit fast forward.

And to refer to calling me a typical Nigerian simpleton. obviously you have not lived in Nigeria, or if you did you have lived a very priviledged live there, not to say that there is anything wrong with that. It's just that many Nigerians have experienced or have killed an animal in their backyard. maybe a chicken, or the killing of a cow for a large event or a goat even and so on. So How is killing an animal in a movie different or cruel?
The film makers depict reality, as a lot of people have posted, so are you going to bring the nigerian population to task for the way they get their food in real life?

This notion of animal cruelty is an inconsequential topic that should not even be an issue, instead try to focus on more important and urgent things facing Nigeria today.
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by waleleader(m): 10:57pm On Jan 13, 2007
@josh,
i actually gave u the opportunity to rethink your stand but u didn't. I am not really bothered by the killings of animals myself but i respect the views of the MINORITY that are,it wont cost u to anything to feel the pain of those that feel otherwise .
And if u feel the views of the minority should be neglected; then u are not just a simpleton, ure also a chauvinist.
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by Josh4ever9: 6:03am On Jan 14, 2007
@ Wale

I guess thanks for giving me that opportunity, but next time make urself clearer and you do not need to start calling people names in trying to get ur view across. first i was a simpleton, now i'm a chauvunist, for expressing my own views? for someone who claims to respect people's views, you are certainly not showing me that, so I will do you one better and call you a hypocrite.

I respect every bodies view, but i do not see the sense in cahing something for the benefit of a minority. it does not make sense artistically, financially and what every "lly" you want to think of. while it is all humane or nice, or wahtever you want to call it.
I think the people who created the VCR and DVD player also respected people's views, that is why they included the fast forward button. And i'm getting really tired of saying it, but if it bothers anybody, fast froward through the scene or don't watch the movie.

After all, every movie industry has something that will offend a minority. Just the other day, i was telling somebody that Hollywood is really gratitous with it's explicit sex scenes in almost all it's movies, And now that I'm past my hormonal adolescence, it really annoys me and I feel detracts from the movie, because it is not needed at all in most cases to progress the plot, but you dont see me complaining abt it or saying change it. you kno what i do? i either fast forward or close my eyes and bear through it.

Bollywood has an overdose of singing and dancing that sometimes grates on my nerves but you know what i do? i either fast forward thorugh it, close my eyes and ears or bear it.

So my advice? if the Nigerian movie industry or "nollywood" has scenes that bother you or anybody else, you know what? fast forward through it or do whatever you want to do.

Just dont go on forums calling people simpletons or chauvunists cause they do not see the sense in complaining abt something so inconsequential.
next time please read whatever post you want to comment on carefully before writing down whatever just pops into your head otherwise you will seem like the simpleton you accuse people of being.

Have a nice day.
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by LoverBwoy(m): 11:22pm On Jan 15, 2007
I respect every bodies view, but i do not see the sense in cahing something for the benefit of a minority. it does not make sense artistically, financially and what every "lly" you want to think of. while it is all humane or nice, or wahtever you want to call it.
I think the people who created the VCR and DVD player also respected people's views, that is why they included the fast forward button. And i'm getting really tired of saying it, but if it bothers anybody, fast froward through the scene or don't watch the movie.

i really don't understand what you mean?  are you saying it does not make sense artistically/financially when you don't kill animals for real in a film? that'll probably mean it doesn't make sense using fake bullets in films then; it makes it more hmm artistic wink

It's disheartening enough that we kill animals to eat "because" we are higher up the food chain and whatever but killing animals in a grotesque manner just to depict real life is absolutely absurd!

If Nollywood was like any other 'wood where they re-shoot scenes several times because the actor didnt get it right, will the actor bite of 5 chicken heads with blood pouring all of his mouth just because they want to make it erm artistic enough for the viewers?

How do you know if a movie has a phoney ritual scene or not?
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by Seun(m): 2:02am On Jan 16, 2007
If Nollywood was like any other 'wood where they re-shoot scenes several times because the actor didnt get it right, will the actor bite of 5 chicken heads with blood pouring all of his mouth just because they want to make it erm artistic enough for the viewers?
Fortunately, Nollywood is not like that. Shooting a movie is a one week rush job here. smiley
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by Josh4ever9: 7:53am On Jan 16, 2007
@ loverboy

But those five chicken's he kills will be eaten, and if he didnt bite them off, they will be killed eventually won't they? and probably with a knife, which can be very messier and more grotesque than biting.

if u actually examine it, biting the chicken heads off is probably more humane for the chicken than cutting it's neck with a knife.

Maybe they should start using real bullets, it will get rid of a lot of bad actors in all the "woods". smiley
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by Ndipe(m): 8:42am On Jan 16, 2007
All of a sudden, some of our people became concerned with Animal rights. What next is on their agenda? Time for PETA to open an office in Nigeria, to curb these 'senseless' killing of animals in movies. Killing them should be performed n a more 'humane' (with a knife, I suppose) and not in a barbaric manner.
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by waleleader(m): 12:29pm On Jan 16, 2007
@Ndipe,
i know you are a mature person with a modern orientation, but its sometimes difficult to comprehend yor comments.
PETA is doing a good job, and mockery is not what they deserve.

Hold on, U live in Cali right? Youre probably one of those celebrities that wear fur
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by LoverBwoy(m): 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2007
But those five chicken's he kills will be eaten, and if he didnt bite them off, they will be killed eventually won't they? and probably with a knife, which can be very messier and more grotesque than biting.
eaten by who? oh boy i fear you o
I definitely would not like to live in the same area as some people on here, killing people wont be a bad thing to them really

Twist it as much as you can but actually killing an animal in a film is unnecessary

if u actually examine it, biting the chicken heads off is probably more humane for the chicken than cutting it's neck with a knife.
bloody hell, hmm maybe we should start killing animals like barbarians instead killing it with a knife in an abattoir

if you also "examine it" urinating in your front garden is probably better than urinating in the loo, it make the land more fertile wink
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by LoverBwoy(m): 12:51pm On Jan 16, 2007
Ndipe:

All of a sudden, some of our people became concerned with Animal rights. What next is on their agenda? Time for PETA to open an office in Nigeria, to curb these 'senseless' killing of animals in movies. Killing them should be performed n a more 'humane' (with a knife, I suppose) and not in a barbaric manner.

Thats says alot about our people don't you think?

Killing animals in films is actually unnecessary, its just common sense, just think of it for a bit would you
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by Seun(m): 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2007
What is a "humane" way to kill an animal? Slicing the neck ever so gently with a very sharp knife?
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by gbadex1(m): 10:01pm On Jan 16, 2007
Rof-lmao!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by Ndipe(m): 10:41pm On Jan 16, 2007
Abeg, make dem tell us what the humane way it is to kill an animal? Maybe, the portrayal of a chicken being killed with the bite of one's teeth could be considered barbaric, but is it not the same as killing it with a knife?

For those who are so concerned with animal rights, like PETA, I have to ask, arent plants also living organisms? If so, why kill them? What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by LoverBwoy(m): 1:14am On Jan 17, 2007
It's disheartening enough that we kill animals to eat "because" we are higher up the food chain and whatever but killing animals in a grotesque manner just to depict real life is absolutely absurd!

I'm sure there are certain acceptable standards, there are some "ugly" things we do as human beings that are considered "acceptable" and killing an animal with ones teeth isnt one especially when its in a bloody film!

seun, yes slitting the neck with a sharp knife in an abbatoir is generally more acceptable than biting the neck off, except if you live in a barbaric society

Maybe, the portrayal of a chicken being killed with the bite of one's teeth could be considered barbaric, but is it not the same as killing it with a knife?
Erm killing a chicken with ones teeth is barbaric
Killing a real chicken in a Film with one's teeth is even more barbaric!

"Generally just excercise a lot of patience when you get here and after about 2 months everything will start to seem 'normal', cars driving in the opposite direction and all"
some things are really normal to others
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by texazzpete(m): 1:40pm On Jan 17, 2007
I think the 'ripping off of a chicken's head on live tv/nollywood movie' thingy should horrify and shock any rational person. i don't consider myself a sensitive person, but such scenes aren't nice at all.

and yes, ripping off a chicken's head with your teeth actually is barbaric/uncivilized grin
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by Seun(m): 3:22am On Jan 20, 2007
Chickens will get their heads ripped off by predators if humans don't do it. They're at the bottom of the food chain!

By the way, a related work of satire is available here: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39105
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by Josh4ever9: 5:59am On Jan 24, 2007
@ loverbwoy. firstly, someoe=ne has to tell me how u quote from ppl and have it in those nice green boxes. please.
secondly, what I'm saying is, nobody would kill a chicken even if for a movie and not eat it, especially in Nigeria.
pls dont confuse my unconcern with the killing of animals to killing of humans, it's a whole other level man, and that is a stretch and you kno it, so dont even go there. Let me put it this way, animals are there for us humans to eat, and whatever philosphy you as a Nigerian man subscribes to will collaborate my statement.
it might be unnecessay to kill an animal in a movie, but it's not barbaric.
Tell me this, now i'm no physicist, but which has more force and kills quicker. A jaw clamping down on something or a knife slicing a neck. it's just like comparing the guillotine to using a cutlass to slice someone's neck, there's no comparision. As somebody who has killed chickens before, I can tell you that sometimes, when u slice their neck, it can become very messy and the chicken doesnt die immediately and instead you force it to bleed to death, so in the end which is more humane, since that is what you are going for right.

fact, a lot of things that are considered barbaric today, were more humane than methods used today. Hanging was considered barbaric, but it was more humane that the electric chair for example, so please stop throwing barbaric out there like it is common currency.

The thing is, when ppl use words like uncivilised and barbaric to refer to things a majority of their own ppl do, then i start to worry where their definition of those terms come from.
I definately advocate peeing in ur front garden, it's the cool thing to cool. smiley
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by LoverBwoy(m): 4:51am On Jan 25, 2007
when you click on reply you scroll down and click on "insert quotes" at the top right hand corner

please don't confuse my unconcern with the killing of animals to killing of humans, it's a whole other level man, and that is a stretch and you kno it, so don't even go there. Let me put it this way, animals are there for us humans to eat, and whatever philosphy you as a Nigerian man subscribes to will collaborate my statement.

actually it is, how am i to believe you don't enjoy watching criminals getting burnt alive with tyres and petrol

it might be unnecessay to kill an animal in a movie, but it's not barbaric.
if it is uneccessary the its somewhat barbaric, the manner they usually do it is!

i wont quote the other bits because its sickening enough for me to read wink

The thing is, when people use words like uncivilised and barbaric to refer to things a majority of their own people do, then i start to worry where their definition of those terms come from.
well if the majority of people are illeterate or knows no better isnt it worth enlightening them, majority of them are "proffessional" film directors/producers theyve seen it all. okocha didnt continue playing footbal with his bare feet did he?

I definately advocate peeing in your front garden, it's the cool thing to cool.
sorry mate,don't have a front garden, you can definitely pee on your suit it'll attract all the females in church and at work, it's oh so natural ! cheesy
Re: Nollywood And Animal Cruelty by DisGuy: 11:14pm On Oct 19, 2011
bump!!

Ndipe's people eat human, so i'm not surprised tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Of Nazareth Movie In Pidgin English (LMAO) / Waptrick Website Mate Finally Launched, Download Unlimited Files / Download Latest Nigeria Movies (2016) For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.