Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Tomorrow Is Another Church Day:why i hate church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tomorrow Is Another Church Day:why i hate church (632 Views)

COZA Vs Busola Dakolo: Why I Shunned PFN Panel - Pastor Fatoyinbo / Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate / China Demolishes Another Church, Sparking Fears Of Campaign Against Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tomorrow Is Another Church Day:why i hate church by purpleprincess: 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2016
I was in church on Sunday. It had been a while since I Iast went. As I walked through the church's front door, the breeze from the fans welcomed me.There was an usher waiting to take me to my seat. I walked to my seat. Eyes followed me there. It was my first time there. It was nothing like my old local church. It was a beautiful place. It had very high ceilings and a majestic altar. The lights from the ceiling painted the altar gold. It was heavenly. They wanted it so. Heavenly.

There were offerings and there was tithing. The choir serenaded us with sweet song. The sounds from the speakers were smooth. It was as though God tinkled us himself. Soon came the pastor's grand entrance. Everyone stood to acknowledge his presence as he stepped on the gold stage. I did too. The lights rained on him and he transfigured. The effects were amazing... I was disappointed when suddenly, the lights picked new colours and the man of God was visible again.
He talked about principles for positioning oneself for a miracle job. Lol the message matched the choir's song. Turned out the choir was tilling our hearts for the pastor's seed.

Anyway, I sat and listened for hours to a man tell an audience what they wanted to hear. He told them how God would favour them especially because they were his own. Told us how very special we were.It was the same old...
Finally came the end of the sermon. He ended the sermon advertising devotionals and CD messages and of course called for another round of offerings.we reached for our fatlings and offered them. In turn he began to pray for us. It was at this point the bombshell dropped, "someone will be sacked for you to replace them" loud amen filled the building like the rumbling of thunder. I was the only one concerned. Lol they were only Christians !

WHY I HATE CHURCH:
1:There's no God anywhere. Come on we know what's behind the clouds.
2: I hate the music
3:The pastor always sounds dumb
4::it's irritating how the members swallow everything without thinking
5:it's scripted. The effects, the choir's ministration etc all planned, rehearsed.
The list is endless

5 Likes

Re: Tomorrow Is Another Church Day:why i hate church by QuietHammer(m): 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2016
I'm not religious either but I just have to object to the insincere generalization . The topic should be why you hate going to the church in your writeup

2 Likes

Re: Tomorrow Is Another Church Day:why i hate church by SamJed(m): 8:36pm On Oct 15, 2016
My dear that you have gone to 1, 2 or 3 churches and you were not satisfied doesnt mean that is how other churches are...even the bible told us to beware of FALSE BRETHREN...in the same view beware of FALSE CHURCHES...the problem we have is that we want to belong to BIG CHURCHES...many churches just tell the members what they want to hear and not what the bible says...find a BIBLE BELIEVING church not a SOCIAL GATHERING CHURCH...there are many good churches there...any church you go and your spirit doesnt accept it, no matter how rich they look, leave there...even the disciples had a bad one in their midst so also will the church have some that will tarnish its image...lastly FREE YOUR MIND...stop looking for where you will find mistakes and reasons to stop going to church...sincerely, ask God to direct you to where he will minister to you...stop looking for FAULTS in churches...most of them are there to make money...if you SINCERELY ask God to direct you, he will...it is a matter of asking him...I just wish we will come to the knowledge of having this personal relationship with God and not living a ceremonial christian life... God bless you...i hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Tomorrow Is Another Church Day:why i hate church by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 15, 2016
purpleprincess:

You gave a lucid description of worship in your church but you never elaborated on why you hate church and dread Sundays in line with the topic.
However, I agree with your reasons and I see why.

WHY I HATE CHURCH:
It is one thing to not believe anymore, and it is an entirely different arena to hate. There is a huge difference. Hating church or/and God is not normal. It is always inspired.
Yes, there may not be God in the church(es) you have experienced but God is. Challenge yourself. What's behind the clouds btw?
True, not everyone enjoys all the genres of music sang in the diversity of churches today but that doesn't deter any christian. What is it you hate specifically, the lyrics that praise God or the sound or both?
Religion is not a substitute for illiteracy but knowledge of Scripture and the divine is very important. You may be more intelligent than your pastor so why haven't you read the Bible for yourself? Why wait for the less intelligent pastor to tell you what's in your bible?
Believing is different from understanding from analysis. why haven't you discussed your doubts with the pastor or/and people who believe the very same things that you doubt.
5:it's scripted. The effects, the choir's ministration etc all planned, rehearsed.
Of course, it has to be scripted. Every great presentation, even the poor ones, are scripted. The script may lead to dishonest schemes or to Jesus Christ but there's always one.

Read the Bible, do your research about Jesus Christ, find out for yourself if there is or isn't God before you conclude that there is no God anywhere. Remember, you can conveniently become an atheist without hating God, and christians. But if indeed you find yourself hating then that's the first indication to know that there is God because how can someone even be bothered, talk of less of hate what/who doesn't exist?

Get to know Jesus Christ because belief in God is not enough - even the demons believe—and shudder (Jam 2:19)

2 Likes

Re: Tomorrow Is Another Church Day:why i hate church by analice107: 11:07pm On Oct 15, 2016
purpleprincess:
I was in church on Sunday. It had been a while since I Iast went. As I walked through the church's front door, the breeze from the fans welcomed me.There was an usher waiting to take me to my seat. I walked to my seat. Eyes followed me there. It was my first time there. It was nothing like my old local church. It was a beautiful place. It had very high ceilings and a majestic altar. The lights from the ceiling painted the altar gold. It was heavenly. They wanted it so. Heavenly.

There were offerings and there was tithing. The choir serenaded us with sweet song. The sounds from the speakers were smooth. It was as though God tinkled us himself. Soon came the pastor's grand entrance. Everyone stood to acknowledge his presence as he stepped on the gold stage. I did too. The lights rained on him and he transfigured. The effects were amazing... I was disappointed when suddenly, the lights picked new colours and the man of God was visible again.
He talked about principles for positioning oneself for a miracle job. Lol the message matched the choir's song. Turned out the choir was tilling our hearts for the pastor's seed.

Anyway, I sat and listened for hours to a man tell an audience what they wanted to hear. He told them how God would favour them especially because they were his own. Told us how very special we were.It was the same old...
Finally came the end of the sermon. He ended the sermon advertising devotionals and CD messages and of course called for another round of offerings.we reached for our fatlings and offered them. In turn he began to pray for us. It was at this point the bombshell dropped, "someone will be sacked for you to replace them" loud amen filled the building like the rumbling of thunder. I was the only one concerned. Lol they were only Christians !

WHY I HATE CHURCH:
The list is endless
Pls, pls pls am begging you, make sure you go to Church tomorrow. You know, if you don't, no Church service will hold tomorrow in the entire world. We can't have you not going to Church, how can there not be any church service tomorrow? pls go, plsssssssss, am on my knees begging you.

Without you, Christianity is dead.
*Ika*

(1) (Reply)

God In Old Testament Is Jealous One And Have No Saviour Beside / Share Your Miracles Here / Saudi Prince Executed For Murder-shariah Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.