Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,823 members, 7,813,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? (3392 Views)

Lady Stops Her Car To Chase Stubborn Windscreen Cleaner Away In Lagos / Lamborghini Owner Breaks Huracan's Windscreen While Showing Off His Supercar / Tips For Rainy Season Driving, Visibility And Defogging The Windscreen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? by Defcon1(m): 1:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hello guys
l drive a 2000 model Toyota Camry, and l have been dealing with very stubborn water spots on my windshield and other glass components of the car - side glasses and mirrors.
This stems from the fact that the borehole water in my place of residence is actually hard water - turns everything it touches white even the buckets, plates and sinks.
l have used a glass cleaner(Abro product ) and other recommended unconventional methods( use of acetone, vinegar, lemon and even baking powder ) to try to remove them, to no avail
I am really worried about this because l can hardly see through the windshield, especially at night, and wipers have even made matters worse by leaving streaks on the screen because of the water spots
Yes, l have considered changing all the glass components but as long as l use the same water source( no other easily available water source) the problem will continue, and mind you l have had the car for 4 years, but this problem started 7 months ago when l moved into my present residence.
So I'm pleading for solutions.
Will definitely change the glasses and possibly, residence, if all else fails.
Thanks
Re: How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
Defcon1:
Hello guys
l drive a 2000 model Toyota Camry, and l have been dealing with very stubborn water spots on my windshield and other glass components of the car - side glasses and mirrors.
This stems from the fact that the borehole water in my place of residence is actually hard water - turns everything it touches white even the buckets, plates and sinks.
l have used a glass cleaner(Abro product ) and other recommended unconventional methods( use of acetone, vinegar, lemon and even baking powder ) to try to remove them, to no avail
I am really worried about this because l can hardly see through the windshield, especially at night, and wipers have even made matters worse by leaving streaks on the screen because of the water spots
Yes, l have considered changing all the glass components but as long as l use the same water source( no other easily available water source) the problem will continue, and mind you l have had the car for 4 years, but this problem started 7 months ago when l moved into my present residence.
Thanks

Call me 08035285171 for a solution
Re: How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? by Alvin007: 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
Defcon1:
Hello guys
Thanks

Facing the same problem..I once tried cleaning the side mirrors with a 'petrol soaked' damp cloth and it did the magic..I didn't try it on the windscreen though...I have a feeling it might worsen it..but it worked on the side mirrors...
Re: How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? by Defcon1(m): 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
Alvin007:

Facing the same problem..I once tried cleaning the side mirrors with a 'petrol soaked' damp cloth and it did the magic..I didn't try it on the windscreen though...I have a feeling it might worsen it..but it worked in the side mirrors...
Thanks bro.
Will try that.
Re: How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? by Defcon1(m): 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
donkilidon:

Call me 08035285171 for a solution

Thanks bro. But is it not a solution that can be shared on here?
Re: How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
Defcon1:

Thanks bro.
But is it not a solution that can be shared on here?

You need a special glass cleaner....how do I get it across to you on Nairaland
Re: How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? by interoute: 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
donkilidon:

You need a special glass cleaner....how do I get it across to you on Nairaland
And u can't mention the name of the so-called special glass cleaner here for others to learn?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? by Defcon1(m): 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2016
Marpol, please help a brother and do the needful Thanks
Re: How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? by ivoryhouse(m): 10:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
Try this solution that i got from google
Start by mixing half water and half Vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture on the glass and wait a few minutes before wiping clean. You can also try removing hard water stains with a paste made from baking soda and vinegar. Smear the paste over the surface of the stain and let sit for 15 minutes.
Visit this link for more solutions.. http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Hard-Water-Spots
This may be cheaper solutions
Re: How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? by sultaan(m): 12:29am On Oct 18, 2016
I was going to say vinegar the acid will eat up the calcium carbonate
Re: How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? by Defcon1(m): 5:25pm On Oct 21, 2016
ivoryhouse:
Try this solution that i got from google
Start by mixing half water and half Vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture on the glass and wait a few minutes before wiping clean. You can also try removing hard water stains with a paste made from baking soda and vinegar. Smear the paste over the surface of the stain and let sit for 15 minutes.
Visit this link for more solutions.. http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Hard-Water-Spots
This may be cheaper solutions
Thank you brother.
Will try it.
Re: How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? by ironheart(m): 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
Add salt to your water, not a good fan of chemistry but i can remember something on iron exchange. Though salt can have negative effects on your car but a little once a month should do
Re: How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? by Dafiz: 10:57pm On May 14, 2019
We have solution to this problem. Kindly reply on this thread if you want a solutions to stubborn Water spots, soap scum and marks.

Re: How Do I Remove Water Spots From The Windscreen & Other Glass Parts Of The Car? by darmiee1(m): 11:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
Dafiz:
We have solution to this problem. Kindly reply on this thread if you want a solutions to stubborn Water spots, soap scum and marks.

Yes please

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Toyota Camry 1998 And 2000 Model / Motorsports In Nigeria (PARTY ALERT!!!) / Advice : Is Lexus The Best Car To Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.