Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,600 members, 7,823,609 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

An Advise to Nairaland moderators - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Advise to Nairaland moderators (564 Views)

Nairaland Moderators Are Not Serious With Their Work. / Nairaland Moderators On Scale / Nairaland Moderators Pls Give Me A Good Reason Why You Banned Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Advise to Nairaland moderators by akinze100(m): 3:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hello readers,
It is a registered fact that Nairaland is the most popular and useful forum in the whole of Nigeria.
Am neither here to beef #MrSeun or to undermine his forum but just to express my opinion about some things that this noble forum NEEDS (According to me).it goes thus..,

1.BETTER STORIES HITTING FRONT PAGE:This is one of the major ones, imagine almost 90% of stories hitting front page being all these *POLITICS* *CRIMES* *CELEBRITIES* news and most of them are either sad or irrelevant.

2.MORE SMILEYS/EMOJIS: It is in my opinion that NL needs more smileys for members to express themselves with...

3.OPTION TO SHARE STORIES ON OTHER POPULAR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS: I advise that there should be an option to share stories on other social media platforms like Facebook Twitter and Co.
This will even aid in bringing in new members who might not be aware of the Forums existence before.

4.TOPICS OF THE MONTH AWARD: This may sound strange to some fellow Nairalanders. I am not saying these awards should be backed by monetary gifts or any other kinds of compensation but just to acknowledge a very good composition, these will have a long way to go in making the writer and even readers get more zealous to put better things down. These awards can be announced at the end of the month. Hereby not makin Nairalanders waiting the whole years for the Topics of the year in each section

OTHERS INCLUDES more sporting stories hitting front page,sorting of comments by the ones with most likes (if possible [I know this is a threat to those with First to Comment Spirit] sir), other forms of punishment rather than banning for Crissakes

Thanks for the time
Adesina Akin

Readers are free to add theirs

cc lalasticlala
Re: An Advise to Nairaland moderators by weblord1900: 3:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
Comment sorting is meaningless .
Topic of the moth award is not necessary - if you know the number of topic that is being created in a day, you wouldn't have mentioned it talkmore of a month.

Better stories hitting front page- it's a wonderful idea.
Nice topic that isn't on front page is better than some kind of buhari jokes and political related stories that make fp.

I think some of MODS are no longer active.

For me I'm suggesting a debate thread
Re: An Advise to Nairaland moderators by akinze100(m): 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
weblord1900:
Comment sorting is meaningless
but it will make it easy for Nairalanders to view the most important and exciting of the comments
Re: An Advise to Nairaland moderators by akinze100(m): 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2016
weblord1900:
For me I'm suggesting a debate thread
That would be exciting but of only Oga seun will accept
Re: An Advise to Nairaland moderators by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
Good ideas. Thumbs up OP.

(1) (Reply)

NetpremiseĀ®:Set Up Configuration / Found Missing 300level Mechanical Engineering Student OOU / Which One Has Taught You More, School Or Google?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.