Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,866 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Unizik Students Build A Drone - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unizik Students Build A Drone (19281 Views)

FUNAAB Students Build N5 Million Car Park, Names It After Buhari / UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) / UNIZIK Students Protest Against Obiano, Call For The Sack Of His SA On IGR(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by tolexy123: 7:05am On Oct 17, 2016
this is crap and junkie, please fuucck off or invent something you truly can. mtcheeeew. disappointed
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by tdayof(m): 7:12am On Oct 17, 2016
tolexy123:
this is crap and junkie, please fuucck off or invent something you truly can. mtcheeeew. disappointed

Tell me what you have invented. That's obviously not an invention but it's very unethical to call someone else work crap just like they tried to discredit Thomas Edison.

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 17, 2016
I'm not one to dis-credit another's work, but there's nothing innovative about this. This work has been done over and over again by foreign engineering students and graduates alike. One may not see the generic make-up of the drone because of the video quality, but I'm sure all can clearly see the control module. The encapsulation shows that it was probably designed in China. He probably bought it and did little or no modification.
The programming involved in making unmanned Aerial Vehicle or drones is very complex, more so we do not yet have the technology to fabricate any of its parts.
Kudos to the young man if he acquired the parts individually and then assembled them.
Boo to him if he acquired an already assembled drone for public show off.

2 Likes

Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by nnachukz(m): 7:15am On Oct 17, 2016
d33types:

Its not always about tribalism. That drone is sold on aliexpress and Amazon. I have bought and sold 2 in 2years.it wasn't made by them. Btw I'm a deltan and not hating
Goto Amazon.com and search for dji phantom
Also search for drones on aliexpress.com
It was made by them, the frame was even form from plank (wood). The first test running failed. Then the boys went back and got it right. The Dean then demanded they produce it three under the direct supervision of their HOD. Which they did, and all the three were displayed on the exhibition ground. I know two of the guys in person, we stayed in the same lodge and I visited them sometimes during the circuitry.

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by ezechueze(m): 7:22am On Oct 17, 2016
OK
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by Ibrahimgarba(m): 7:25am On Oct 17, 2016
God bless Unizik

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by tdayof(m): 7:30am On Oct 17, 2016
fredoricko:
I'm not one to dis-credit another's work, but there's nothing innovative about this. This work has been done over and over again by foreign engineering students and graduates alike. One may not see the generic make-up of the drone because of the video quality, but I'm sure all can clearly see the control module. The encapsulation shows that it was probably designed in China. He probably bought it and did little or no modification.
The programming involved in making unmanned Aerial Vehicle or drones is very complex, more so we do not yet have the technology to fabricate any of its parts.
Kudos to the young man if he acquired the parts individually and then assembled them.
Boo to him if he acquired an already assembled drone for public show off.
At least someone who can analyse well.
What you said about frabicating the parts seems wrong to me. It should be possible in Nigeria. Me and my project group have been involved in quadcopter and fixed wings UAV and I'll say we can build a quadcopter in Nigeria but cost will be very high. The only issue is we'll need Nigerians who are experiences in Aerospace Engineering. I don't know about the capability of AFIT students but they did a very good job on gulma and amebo drone even though it's really obvious some parts were bought so that's why I'll have to say fixed wing UAV is what I don't think is possible.
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by XtrmeBachelor(m): 7:35am On Oct 17, 2016
Impressive buh more work! cool
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by Gofwane(m): 7:41am On Oct 17, 2016
Chibuhealth:
All these people saying nonsense, wat is d essence of this bla bla bla....... We are sorry to disappoint u, it is coming from the East, secondly, before u comment thrash show us what you have done.
see as shame dey catch me on your behalf. Why are you washing your red, dirty, over-sized pant in the public? grin
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by stylochime: 7:45am On Oct 17, 2016
Inasmuch As I Commend His Work, I Have To Say This. " Is Nt Buildin A Drone Or An Electric Car Or A Biogass Generator Cos All This Have Already Been Bult And Developd, Its Abt Wat Makes Urs Special And Different. Wat Is It Abt Ur Design Dat Betters D Ones Already In D Market ?" For Me Its Nt Just Abt Buildin A Drone. Its Abt Buildin A Drone Wit A Tech Dat Has Yet To B Attemptd. #peace

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by ValentineMary(m): 7:49am On Oct 17, 2016
d33types:

Its not always about tribalism. That drone is sold on aliexpress and Amazon. I have bought and sold 2 in 2years.it wasn't made by them. Btw I'm a deltan and not hating
Dude am from Unizik and I knew when they were making the drone.

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by d33types: 7:51am On Oct 17, 2016
nnachukz:
It was made by them, the frame was even form from plank (wood). The first test running failed. Then the boys went back and got it right. The Dean then demanded they produce it three under the direct supervision of their HOD. Which they did, and all the three were displayed on the exhibition ground. I know two of the guys in person, we stayed in the same lodge and I visited them sometimes during the circuitry.
That's good to know.. Only if it didn't look exactly like a particular drone I brought.

If they actually produced it from scratch and didn't couple the purchased parts, then a very big congrats to them

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by misscall247: 7:53am On Oct 17, 2016
tdayof:
See people bashing that guy. Bash your government first.
Tell me how much the government paid him? No financial assistance and he managed to do that. You all should learn to appreciate. Obviously he didn't develop that himself but he made some body changes.

Other countries have research agency. USA - Darpa etc.

It's when It comes to politics that NIGERIANS will be yawning Bullshit and forming keyboard warriors. Visit twitter and see our ministers saying rubbish . They don't care about the development and future of the future of the country
They online come online to spew rubbish to earn support from the masses.
Nigerians are busy putting their mind on the wrong things.
who eppa?
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by MrKamar(m): 7:57am On Oct 17, 2016
He bought a drone and coupled its parts together. Nothing more grin
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by talk2hb1(m): 7:59am On Oct 17, 2016
He Assembled a Drone
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by Doug07034780891(m): 8:01am On Oct 17, 2016
It is UNIZIK and others..

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by madapcmod: 8:33am On Oct 17, 2016
d33types:

Shut up ur ewedu mouth.

That drones are sold online does not mean our students can't build their own.

FYI, this was built by mechanical engineering students of unizik ably supervised by Associate prof Achebe of mech engineering unizik.

Stop putting mouth in what u don't know hater!

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by d33types: 8:42am On Oct 17, 2016
madapcmod:

Shut up ur ewedu mouth.

That drones are sold online does not mean our students can't build their own.

FYI, this was built by mechanical engineering students of unizik ably supervised by Associate prof Achebe of mech engineering unizik.

Stop putting mouth in what u don't know hater!

I think its hopeless to exchange banters with you this morning.

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by Donbigi2(m): 8:51am On Oct 17, 2016
He bought the parts on eBay...
Imagine this nonsense
Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by Okeikpu(m): 9:26am On Oct 17, 2016
Kudos to my pple tongue
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by DaudaAbu(m): 9:42am On Oct 17, 2016
tdayof:
See people bashing that guy. Bash your government first.
Tell me how much the government paid him? No financial assistance and he managed to do that. You all should learn to appreciate. Obviously he didn't develop that himself but he made some body changes.

Other countries have research agency. USA - Darpa etc.

It's when It comes to politics that NIGERIANS will be yawning Bullshit and forming keyboard warriors. Visit twitter and see our ministers saying rubbish . They don't care about the development and future of the future of the country
They online come online to spew rubbish to earn support from the masses.
Nigerians are busy putting their mind on the wrong things.

How much did the US gov't gave bill gates again when he was starting microsoft?

Or mark zuckerberg?

Guy you start something, find the business part of it and make money. Afterall it only tax you are going to be paying gov't after 5-7yrs tax break, the bulk of the money goes in to your pocket.
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by tdayof(m): 9:51am On Oct 17, 2016
DaudaAbu:

How much did the US gov't gave bill gates again when he was starting microsoft?

Or mark zuckerberg?

Guy you start something, find the business part of it and make money. Afterall it only tax you are going to be paying gov't after 5-7yrs tax break, the bulk of the money goes in to your pocket.

Nice point but let me ask you a question.
How many people has Nigerian government funded or how many Nigerian projects has been invested in by the Nigerian government?
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 17, 2016
ever811:
waristhis...?

We are watching you from my drone.

The drone camera plus my bulldog..

Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by nelsonjj: 9:54am On Oct 17, 2016
junioromniscient:
I Built That "Thing" When I Was 8yrs, Alongside My Friends Then On Pseudo Scale. . . We Called It Helicopter Ignorantly.
Southafrican Students Are Building Electric-based Cars!
Enough Celebration, GET TO WORK!
Some Politechnic In Nig Have Done That Too
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 17, 2016
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by iHart(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2016
I was in unzik sometime ago for an exhibition and I saw that thing. The truth is that the got a drone, removed the original body and replaced it with wood and plastic.

Another school also showcased their own but theirs was a complete already-made drone. They didn't change anything, the original body with the inscriptions of the company that built the toy was writen clearly on it.

If you need the real picture of the re-assembled drone and control, I will post it!
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by princejude(m): 11:13am On Oct 17, 2016
Build or buy ?
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by numericalguy(m): 11:40am On Oct 17, 2016
Did they really build it or they bought it.

These students don't know the meaning of originality
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by luminouz(m): 1:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
junioromniscient:
I Built That "Thing" When I Was 8yrs, Alongside My Friends Then On Pseudo Scale. . . We Called It Helicopter Ignorantly.
Southafrican Students Are Building Electric-based Cars!
Enough Celebration, GET TO WORK!
I concur!
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by Chibuhealth(f): 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
Gofwane:
see as shame dey catch me on your behalf. Why are you washing your red, dirty, over-sized pant in the public? grin
ur quoting is meaningless
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by tolexy123: 8:33am On Oct 18, 2016
tdayof:

Tell me what you have invented. That's obviously not an invention but it's very unethical to call someone else work crap just like they tried to discredit Thomas Edison.
yee yee yee, Shut da fuucck up and get off my comment
Re: Unizik Students Build A Drone by tdayof(m): 9:02am On Oct 18, 2016
tolexy123:
[s]yee yee yee, Shut da fuucck up and get off my comment[/s]

(1) (2) (Reply)

SSANU, NASU, NAT Meet On Strike / ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike / Dead, Retired Teachers, Security Guards Passed Kaduna Teachers Screening – NLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.