Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Mba Or Msc - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mba Or Msc (3129 Views)

Access Bank Hiring - Bsc+ Msc / Mba Or Msc / Change Of Career: Mba Or Msc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mba Or Msc by easylife(m): 2:57pm On Dec 29, 2006
HELLO HOUSE, I NEED SOME ONE THAT CAN ADVICE ME ABOUT MBA AND MSC OF UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN,I AM A GRADUATE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE FROM UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN AND AM GOING TO CONCLUDE MY NYSC BY JANUARY 2007, I GRADUATED WITH SECOND CLASS LOWER, AND MY PLAIN IS TO START MY MASTER IMMEDIATELY AFTER MY SERVICE,I NEED ADVICE ON WHICH ONE TO GO FOR BETWEEN MBA OR MSC IN COMPUTER SCIENCE.AND WHAT IS THE GENERAL REQUIREMENT BOTH CGPA AND OTHER OF THE SCHOOL OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL UNIVERSITY.

THANKS
Re: Mba Or Msc by Ehiwere(m): 4:41am On Dec 31, 2006
Hey i dont you need the world to advice you on this.It depends on your Target in Life and plan after your NYSC.What should come to your mind first is whats your Goal?Then what next follows.MBA and MSC are quite Different,Do you want to switch into the Management Line or remain in your Science field?These are question that should come first.
My personal Opinion is why dont you go for your Msc.Then When you are fully in the field you can now apply for a part time in MBA,if you want the management line.This will help you climp up the Ladder of your present job then,which will be your science field.Experience is needed in any field before you are made to manage it.You cant imagine because you are Master holder in Management and hope to be employed as a manager of an Engineering firm or ICT firm.
So it solely depend on what you want for your self.Go and do your homework!
The requirement for master is almost the same everywhere.If you know that of your school,so it also implies with that of Ibadan.Normal A grade of 2.2 ,send all require Document and transcipt to them.Infact i dont need to be say story on this,The internet is at your disposal.Search for Website of UI and get what ever information you need.
Thanks i hope this little advice will go a long way to help.Takecare and wish you the very best.
www.ui.edu.ng
Re: Mba Or Msc by Tzar(m): 5:16pm On Jan 02, 2007
@ nnowu, shegewumi & easylife
I think I am in a very good position to offer advice. If u wanna b a career/executive person, an MBA is way better dan an MSc. D bad part is that an MBA is more difficult 2 secure admission in Nigeria. NUC in its efforts to upgrade and restructure MBA programmes in all UNI's in d county presented dis shockers: A huge number of MBA's were disaccredited/scrapped. As a result, the few MBA dat survived will increase tuition 4rm nxt session averagely u should hav 200,000 min 2 get an MBA, but now, u may hav 2 cough out at least 350,000 4 d most inexpensive MBA.
D NUC just hinted dat u'll hv 2 get 70% in the entrance examination (full or part-time) unlike 50-60% DAT OBTAINED B4.
Wn u finally get admission, there are speculations that the pass mark is no longer 40% but 50% if u dont want references, Lastly full-time MBA's may no longer b 15-18mnths but 2 yrs & part-time will no longer b 2yrs but 3 yrs.

U.I requires that u hv 5 yrs mgt experience & as at 2005 u'll hv 2 cough out 180,000/ session, Dy may ask u 2 pay more now. there r oda sch's like FUTA, FUTO, UNILAG, OOU, ABU dat just only ask 4 0-2yrs ordinary experience 4 bachelors holders and 2-5yrs ordinary experience 4 HND holders.

If any of the above constitute any form of obstacle i'll advice dat u do ur MSC. a PG degree is better than having none at all. a BAchelors has become basic education- every tom, dick and harry has it. D earlier u do it d better. Entrance is becoming more dreadful as I hav hinted above d earlier d better. My firends just paid 105,000 to obtain their MBA in Futa, I am paying 160,000 to obatain mine. It will definitely become hiher by nxt session. MSc's will soon follow suit. I remember dat an MSc in U.I, OAU and UNIJOS will cost u 9,000 in 2001/2002, now it costs a minimum of 60,000. Who knows what next.

4 MSc i will nt advise dat u go 2 u.I too. u wil use 18mnths. Why not go 2 LASU and spend just 1yr. I had my bachelors in U.I and I will round off my MBA in FUTA by May, 2007.
I hope dat i hav been helpful in any way.

. There r oda Fed Uni's dat offer d same programme but each has different requirements(the differnce may not b drammatic) and different duration.
CIAO
Re: Mba Or Msc by Essiet(m): 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2007
Personally, I am working on doing an MBA in two years time. The reason is that I've come to find out that work experience is critical to making a success of an MBA programme. You'll have to discover your career direction first. do you love consulting, marketing or other associated MBA strategic programmes? To make a success of your MBA programme you can't run away from Financial Accounting which is a prerequisite if you'd make a success of your future roles in management activities.

Initially, I felt the urge to do my masters immediately after NYSC but soon realised the need to work and have some years of experience before proceeding on an MBA programme. I love management roles because I've always been in leadership positions prior to, during and after my University education. I read Brewing Technology from University of Uyo. During NYSC I did the NIM Management programme and subsequently went to a business school to do a Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management (a major in MBA). I feel the urge to go further to have a masters in Strategic Management Consulting at the business school but my career counselor (my Prof at my University) said this time I should proceed to a recognised University's Business School to do my MBA. As a result, I have to acquire some years of work experience.

You must be affiliated to reputable Professional organisation(s) to succeed after your MBA programme.
You must be one who has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. Log on to WWW.MBA.COM for further information on how to succeed in your quest for an MBA degree. I wish you and all Naira Landers the very best this year and beyond.

THANKS
www.nseessiet.4t.com

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy, PRIMESAVIC SOLUTIONS CO. and ESTHERBT(NIG) LTD??? / Diamond Bank Online Recruitment / Npa Job Recruitment Hijack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.