Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,096 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 (7792 Views)

Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / HIV-Positive Woman Arrested For Breastfeeding Neighbour’s Baby / My Husband And I Tested Hiv Positive Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by SabThree(m): 11:02pm On Oct 23, 2009
At least, she will be a real "miss", coz usually, the miss will sleep with the head of jury, then she is a miss, but in this case, none of the jury members will sleep with her, tonguetongue
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by Fhemmmy: 12:51am On Oct 24, 2009
Sab_Three:

At least, she will be a real "miss", coz usually, the miss will sleep with the head of jury, then she is a miss, but in this case, none of the jury members will sleep with her, tonguetongue

what if the head of the jury is HIV positive already, what has he got to lose?
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by Nobody: 3:25am On Oct 24, 2009
very funny. These pple need 2 engage in spirituality since their end is drawing near. Here u are talkin abt strutin ass on stage with dem long legs, lol na wa o.
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by PurestBoy(m): 5:35am On Oct 24, 2009
bluntpis:

very funny. These pple need 2 engage in spirituality since their end is drawing near. Here u are talkin abt strutin ass on stage with dem long legs, lol na wa o.

Why don't u register fast before they stop selling forms,
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by gift53(f): 2:36pm On Oct 24, 2009
@alloy~emeka    grin grin gringrin grin
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by dani1luv: 5:58pm On Oct 24, 2009
JESUS CHRIST OF ANAMBRA STATE shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by ritaNL: 6:58pm On Oct 24, 2009
I dreamt my Girlfriend won . . . . grin
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by dani1luv: 7:19pm On Oct 24, 2009
Hallelujah; His gurlfrnd won!

Give Jesus a Big hand! cheesy
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by Fhemmmy: 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2009
LMAO grin
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by ritaNL: 12:47am On Oct 25, 2009
dani1luv:

Hallelujah; His gurlfrnd won!

Give Jesus a Big hand! cheesy

Thank You . . . Thank You, you can come pop ogogoro with us ooo grin
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by sunnykiss(m): 1:35am On Oct 25, 2009
Ha ha ha,i can stop laffin,one day na miss red light district dem go stage,HIV haba dem don go too far that wont even help stop hiv,and i wont look at it sef on tv,i am tired of Mgbn sef ma hiv i wan con look.a BIG Joke.
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by TheSeeker(m): 11:35am On Oct 25, 2009
No one has nailed the point yet. Nigeria has an undertone to all their intentions. Who doesn't know this is a trick to get money from corporate bodies and embezzle it? At the end of the day you'll hear controversies streaming all over everywhere about prizes owed to the contestants. What ever happened to public awareness programs? What ever happened to providing of free drugs for the sustenance of these victims?
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by Fhemmmy: 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2009
Read some of the responses above ^^^^
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by TheSeeker(m): 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2009
^^^ I don't have time to go through all of them.
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by Fhemmmy: 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2009
ok ^^^
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by AloyEmeka6: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2009
sunnykiss:

Ha ha ha,i can stop laffin,one day na miss red light district dem go stage,HIV haba dem don go too far that wont even help stop hiv,and i wont look at it sef on tv,i am tired of Mgbn sef ma hiv i wan con look.a BIG Joke.

I suggest they invite Tuface to help hold HIV mansion like D'banj did for Koko mansion.
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by MrCrackles(m): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2009
Topic
Na wa o . . . . . . grin
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by THEAMAKA(f): 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

I suggest they invite Tuface to help hold HIV mansion like D'banj did for Koko mansion.
2face, why?
cause he is a womanizer and has many children out of wed-lock with different women? lol
HIV mansion? THATS JUST NASTY!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by AloyEmeka6: 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2009
THE AMAKA:

2face, why?
cause he is a womanizer and has many children out of wed-lock with different women? lol
HIV mansion? THATS JUST NASTY!!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Why will it be nasty?. I think it will be sexy especially with Tuface, the playa himself handling it. He was used in Benue or Kogi state some years back and a figure to inspire youths into safe sex. Their governor made him safe sex ambassador.
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by THEAMAKA(f): 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Why will it be nasty?. I think it will be sexy especially with Tuface, the playa himself handling it. He was used in Benue or Kogi state some years back and a figure to inspire youths into safe sex. Their governor made him safe sex ambassador.
REALLY? or are you pulling my legs? undecided
safe sex, the man hops from woman to woman making babies like no tomorrow.
i think youre joking though.

it wil be nasty? what is sexy about a house filled with HIV? whats sexy about that? lolol
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by cystein(m): 9:56am On Oct 26, 2009
Thats a good initiative,

Luck are those who know their status because wherever husbands or wives pass on their way home is ever unknown. Its not worth laughing as maybe some point someday you may just find yourself in their shoes!

A lovely day to all.
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by mellow(m): 11:25am On Oct 26, 2009
It is a very good initiative. We are also organizing a miss ASHAWO award. I do sincerely hope that an SHAWO in Pprt-harcourt wins.
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by cystein(m): 12:01pm On Oct 26, 2009
Now for ASHAWO you got it wrong!
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by DeepSoul(f): 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2009
mellow:

It is a very good initiative. We are also organizing a miss ASHAWO award. I do sincerely hope that an SHAWO in Pprt-harcourt wins.

Why the special interest in PH?

TheSeeker:

No one has nailed the point yet. Nigeria has an undertone to all their intentions. Who doesn't know this is a trick to get money from corporate bodies and embezzle it? At the end of the day you'll hear controversies streaming all over everywhere about prizes owed to the contestants. What ever happened to public awareness programs? What ever happened to providing of free drugs for the sustenance of these victims?

Plain and simple. Its just a ploy to make money from corporate sponsorhips. Most companies would readily dole out money for sponsorphip in order to be seen as "humanitarian" or having Corporate Social Responsibility.

Some smart, greedy Nigerians have simply decided to capitalize on this as they do with almost everything.

The Ms Abali Motor Park na lie abeg. Una too dey lie lie for NL
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by Fhemmmy: 4:32pm On Oct 26, 2009
Deep Soul:

Why the special interest in PH?

[color=#990000]Plain and simple. Its just a ploy to make money from corporate sponsorhips. Most companies would readily dole out money for sponsorphip in order to be seen as "humanitarian" or having Corporate Social Responsibility.

Some smart, greedy Nigerians have simply decided to capitalize on this as they do with almost everything.

The Ms Abali Motor Park na lie abeg. Una too dey lie lie for NL[/color]

Very True
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by mirababy: 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2009
the world is coming to an end. somebody go just open e eye just organise a pageant 4 hiv patients.i don suffer,nothing i nor go hear.
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by Fhemmmy: 1:05am On Oct 27, 2009
mirababy:

the world is coming to an end. somebody go just open e eye just organise a pageant 4 hiv patients.i don suffer,nothing i nor go hear.

if done for the right reasons, there is nothing wrong with it, they are human too, but i am sure most of these kinda stuff to to enrich the organizers
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by backspade(m): 2:28am On Oct 27, 2009
I really don't understand why so many people are against this pageant. Do you all want every HIV positive person to go into a hole and just die (the ones who go around having unprotected sex infecting others should though).

This pageant will raise awareness about the disease and hopefully find other HIV+ partners for these women.
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by THEAMAKA(f): 6:29am On Oct 27, 2009
backspade:

I really don't understand why so many people are against this pageant. Do you all want every HIV positive person to go into a hole and just die (the ones who go around having unprotected sex infecting others should though).

This pageant will raise awareness about the disease and hopefully find other HIV+ partners for these women.
like i said earlier, what is this pageant going to do? is this THE BEST they could come up with?
and then they are mixing it with non HIV positive people.
this pageant is DUMB either way you look at it.
there are A LOT OF BETTER ways to go about this bringing out of "awareness"
read through the pages, i dont feel like repeating the list over and over.
toodles!
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by tiptess(f): 8:36am On Oct 27, 2009
Taking a first look and thought, one will wonder if the event is actually a good one and also if it will hit its goal. On a 2nd look, i think if we keep an open mind and together try to fight stigmitization, it just might be a major step. I sincerely hope it works in our nation. One important thing though, know your status.
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by Shrew: 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2009
na wa oh wondas shal neva end,vry soon we go get Mr militant,Mrs diabetes cheesy shocked[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Miss Hiv Positive Beauty Pageant Begins Nov 23 by ehibaby(f): 3:13pm On Oct 27, 2009
dis is not madness,@ least they are trying to stop stigmatisation, dey are humans with a sickness, so whts wrong in d contest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boy Pregnant His Mother / I Dont Envy Married People At All / House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.