Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling (21153 Views)

Buhari Meets Tinubu, Saraki, Dogara Others In Aso Rock / Obanikoro Meets Tinubu, To Join APC / Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by yns4real: 6:37am On Oct 17, 2016
By Leke Adeseri, South-West Regional Editor & Omezia Ajayi Abuja

FOLLOWING what has been perceived as frosty relations between President Muhammadu Buhari and the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, urgent steps are being taken to reconcile the duo before more damage is done to the well-being of the party. President Buhari, who returned to the country from a three-day official visit to Germany, weekend, immediately went into a meeting with close associates of the former Lagos State governor, in the Presidential Villa, Abuja. At the meeting, said to be the first, after President Buhari’s return, were former Interim National Chairman of the APC, Chief Bisi Akande; Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola and Senator Sola Adeyeye from Osun Central, who are Tinubu’s very close associates.

Details of the meeting were sketchy, last night, but sources said the meeting may have deliberated on the alleged strained relationship between Buhari and Tinubu.

Also said to have been discussed were internal wrangling within the ruling APC, particularly in Ondo State. A source at the Presidential Villa said the issues discussed must have been crucial since President Buhari convened it moments after he arrived from Germany.

The APC has been embroiled in crisis in Ondo State, after the party’s National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, allegedly overruled the party’s National Working Committee’s decision on the party’s governorship primaries and submitted the name of Chief Rotimi Akeredolu as the party’s candidate in the election. Sources said the meeting may have also discussed other pockets of crises in the party. None of those at the meeting could be reached for comments, last night.

While he was in Germany, the President’s wife, Aisha, in an interview with BBC, alleged that those who did not campaign for her husband had taken over the government. Mutual associates of the President and Tinubu were yesterday linking the ‘bust-up’ between the first couple to her apparent feeling that Tinubu and a number of those who campaigned for the president’s election had been left out in the scheme of things after the inauguration of the new government. While it could not be confirmed if Aisha’s assertion came up at the meeting, sources told Vanguard, yesterday, that the apparent marginalisation of some of those, who actively campaigned for the APC, may have come up.

APC chieftains laud moves to reconcile Buhari and Tinubu Meanwhile, chieftains of the party, yesterday, lauded moves to reconcile President Buhari and Tinubu. Presidential aides, however, claimed to be ignorant of the meeting as of press time, yesterday. A prominent APC chieftain, however, said that the move to reconcile the President and Tinubu had been on for some time. Tinubu’s aides, who confirmed that the meeting took place did not give any indication of what happened.

A member of the Board of Trustees, BoT of the APC, Mr Olisaemeka Akamukalem, however, welcomed the intervention of the three men and called for a functional BoT to tackle such conflicts in the future. Spokespersons of Governor Aregbesola, Mr Semiu Okanlawon and Chief Bisi Akande, Mr Lani Baderinwa refused to speak on the issue last night. He said: “I think it is a welcome development that Mr President should wade or is wading into it, but let me reiterate what other people have been saying, that instead of this piecemeal resolution of conflicts, we should have a functional BoT because they would have nipped in the bud this issue which is essentially between some stalwarts and the National Working Committee, NWC.

“The crisis is not healthy for the party. The national chairman is our national chairman. Asiwaju (Tinubu) is a respected party leader and I can tell you that without his political sagacity, there would not have been this change, but having been a party leader for over 30 years, I think we should not rubbish the party like this. There should be a way of resolving such issues and this is why the BOT has to be reconstituted and made functional.” Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Sola Adeyeye, said they were in Aso Rock to see the President on national issues.

When asked if the visit was at the instance of the President, he declined to make further comments.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/buhari-meets-tinubus-men-partys-internal-wrangling/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by modath(f): 6:43am On Oct 17, 2016
cool
Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by pritykate(f): 6:45am On Oct 17, 2016
Our beloved living room dullardo

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by QuotaSystem: 6:57am On Oct 17, 2016
A welcome development indeed.

Any talk of reconciliation between PMB and Tinubu is a risk to the blood pressure of Fayose, FFK, Afenifere et al.

The SW must consolidate on its gains from aligning with the centre which are already emerging viz a viz several resurrected projects and management of the most important portfolios in this government. The wisdom of Pa Akande will surely help guide the meeting towards a fruitful end.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 17, 2016
Baba is listening to Aisha afterall, all his fronting on the media is just for show, we know what goes down in #theotherroom.
Puna power grin

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by paparazzi1987(m): 7:12am On Oct 17, 2016
Potential fp spotted....still hunting,coming back soon
Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:25am On Oct 17, 2016
Jagaban

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by DropShot: 7:26am On Oct 17, 2016
Democrazy is weird!
Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 17, 2016
QuotaSystem:
A welcome development indeed.

Any talk of reconciliation between PMB and Tinubu is a risk to the blood pressure of Fayose, FFK, Afenifere et al.

The SW must consolidate on its gains from aligning with the centre which are already emerging viz a viz several resurrected projects and management of the most important portfolios in this government. The wisdom of Pa Akande will definitely guide the meeting towards a fruitful end.

What useless gains are you talking about? Where are the projects going on? Your backyard I presume? Whether they reconcile or not, it is in Tinubu's interest to watch his back henceforth, Buhari has shown to be a betrayal/ingrate.

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by Tallesty1(m): 7:29am On Oct 17, 2016
Kyase:

I fit swear say you dey collect 9 different pennnnisss in a week.......
Or more.
Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by bayelsaowei(m): 7:34am On Oct 17, 2016
Aishas rants are working oo... grin grin

Baba no wan lose next elections...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by ishiamu(m): 7:34am On Oct 17, 2016
modath:
cool

aisha ranting just worked... power of woman... mek u stay here dey yarn dust always... and keep being in d kitchen

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by Kyase(m): 7:37am On Oct 17, 2016
Tallesty1:
Or more.
Lol cheesy
Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by bonechamberlain(m): 7:38am On Oct 17, 2016
This people don't know buhari, his mind is made up on whatever he has done or is doing, a very stone hearted human undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:40am On Oct 17, 2016
Make una tell Boohary that Aisha is waiting for him in the Other Room.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by Raymondreigns(m): 7:40am On Oct 17, 2016
Abeg who read am finish make e tell me...I dey hurry go skool first.. I jst like drop my comment
Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by yns4real: 7:41am On Oct 17, 2016
ishiamu:

aisha ranting just worked... power of woman... mek u stay here dey yarn dust always... and keep being in d kitchen

Yes ooo, the power of woman!!! Patience Jonathan misapplied her own and that led to her husband's defeat. Behind a successful man, there is always a woman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by gabazin080(m): 7:41am On Oct 17, 2016
Raymondreigns:
Abeg who read am finish make e tell me...I dey hurry go skool first..
I jst like drop my comment
no go face your book. dey follow politics and politicians who doesnt give a fvck about your existence

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by topsyking: 7:41am On Oct 17, 2016
the one he started already.. he cant decieve anyone

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by ALAYORMII: 7:42am On Oct 17, 2016
APC and their many problems
Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by QuotaSystem: 7:43am On Oct 17, 2016
ReddLabel:

What useless gains are you talking about? Where are the projects going on? Your backyard I presume? Whether they reconcile or not, it is in Tinubu's interest to watch his back henceforth, Buhari has shown to be a betrayal/ingrate.

Works on the Lagos Ibadan expressway abandoned by the ineffectual Jogogoro have been revived by Fashola. The Lagos airport road project is also commencing as contractors have been mobilized. Furthermore, Lagos has been granted oil producing status eligible for derivation earnings by the FG in record time; this is just the beginning especially with SWners at the helm of the most strategic ministries and parastatals.

Regarding Tinubu, all politicians need to constantly watch their backs as there are no permanent friends or enemies in politics, however the effort to reconcile despite everything is indicative of a shaken but firm deep rooted loyalty between Tinubu and the President.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by darocha1: 7:44am On Oct 17, 2016
Pmb rule us well. Governance is different from politics, i bet only a few understand this

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by EnEnPeecee: 7:44am On Oct 17, 2016
Him head don dey correct small small grin grin grin

And people dey talk say Aisha no try.

to these sets of zombies i join my voice with that of some other good Nigerians to say good morning Afonjas and northern bigots.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by MrKrap(m): 7:44am On Oct 17, 2016
d rumble has begin!
d funy tin about dis govt is dat PDP does not need to play opposition against dis directionless administration. they ar already playing opposition by demselves.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by pointstores(m): 7:46am On Oct 17, 2016
power OF WOMAN INDEED BUT MEN SHOULD BE WATCHFULL IN ACTING TO ADVISE FROM WOMAN MOST OF THEM ARE LIKE SERPENT
Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by gbadexy(m): 7:48am On Oct 17, 2016
Tis expected.
Aisha's interview is a wake up call for him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by MrKrap(m): 7:50am On Oct 17, 2016
pointstores:
power OF WOMAN INDEED BUT MEN SHOULD BE WATCHFULL IN ACTING TO ADVISE FROM WOMAN MOST OF THEM ARE LIKE SERPENT
hell has no fury like a scorned woman. buari dullard has scorn his wife n she is not happy. history about to repeat itself again.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:50am On Oct 17, 2016
pritykate:
Our beloved living room dullardo
your nyansh small but cool, from the view on your profile.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Dismisses Corruption Allegation Against Abdulrasheed Bawa / Kachikwu Sanctions NNPC Staff Over Scandalous Project Exposed By PREMIUM TIMES / Nigeria Pays $496m For Acquisition Of 12 Tucano Fighter Jets From US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.