Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Nigeria Gets Seven New Private Universities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Gets Seven New Private Universities (9379 Views)

FEC Approves 9 New Private Universities, 4 In Ogun State. / Tuition Fees In Nigeria Private Universities / List Private Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Gets Seven New Private Universities by hoggy83: 3:08am On Oct 25, 2009
we have so many universities.
am so annoyed because you will discover that by one the graduates from such university .you cant compete with other.moreso such university may not be recognised by the labour market.
Re: Nigeria Gets Seven New Private Universities by cvibe: 12:28pm On Oct 25, 2009
Just wondering how many of our leaders will send their kids to all these funny named Uni's.
Re: Nigeria Gets Seven New Private Universities by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2009
cvibe:

Just wondering how many of our leaders will send their kids to all these funny named Uni's.

NONE.
Re: Nigeria Gets Seven New Private Universities by fashk: 5:58am On Oct 26, 2009
coolpls,how can this seven schools be found or contacted.Because, it seems like most of them dont have a website or am i looking in the wrong direction!!pls, someone should reply positively.Thank you.
Re: Nigeria Gets Seven New Private Universities by 2tait: 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2009
I am concerned about the names of the universities. They sound somehow!
Re: Nigeria Gets Seven New Private Universities by darqly(m): 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2009
About siting schools in the North,The hard part is not so much building them as it is CONVINCING northerners to go to the damn institutions.
A good case study is ATBU Bauchi or even good ol ABU Zaria; The northerners- Hausa in particular- make up the least student populations in these universities. And when you do find them, its not seeking education that has propelled them there, most times its what we call "Niggan-chi" and showboating! cry
Re: Nigeria Gets Seven New Private Universities by oyinlaifa(m): 4:01pm On Oct 26, 2009
Nigeria is developing, but what about Electricity and some other amenities.
Re: Nigeria Gets Seven New Private Universities by paulex90: 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2009
Perhaps there shall come a time when our philanthropist, man made or God made will divert their wealth towards industry, research,innovations and creation of genunie enterprise without short gain rewards,

yes perhaps there shall come a time when nigerians will look beyond the present and into the long distant future

yes perhaps there shall come a time when our today shall be based on our tomorrow

yes perhaps there shall come a time when we will begin to respect dying as part of our living and not living believing we shall never die.

yes perhaps there shall be time when our nigeria shall have an ideology of state, a motivator towards ensuring a self sustaining nigeria not looking for do gooders with an eye on their pockets.

yes we should be grateful and thank full for the Babalolas, Obasanjos, Babagindas, and others for being philanthropic. why should we? we are nigerians.

My sadness in the creation of more universities is beret h with lost opportunities, the problems of lack of industries, for sight  etc.

A philanthropist with good intentions will create a research facility funded purposefully with intent to provide research targetting development in the country.

No, how many philanthropist comit their money to such projects and devote their time to ensuring success. It is the same culture, of get more money and get rich quick.

A mentality ingrained on our youth, so they want to be great even before they leave university, no wonder NUC and the so called Leaders keep them long in universities in an attempt to curb them, with prolonged strikes etc. Even with emergence of private universities etc it has become a vogue for nigerians to be schooled abroad from cyprus, bombay, to London USA, Ghana etc.

The fan fare attached to the these deeds are self explanatory of why they do these things.The list of who is who in Nigeria in this regard is endless. The country is still where it is. Crying for help.

It Is not rocket science to know that more universities is not the problem.What is the problem? That is another days work>

I extend my reserved congratulations to the very amiable, and enviable gentleman on the addition of yet one  more centre of knowledge to our country, this time with POST CODE ADO EKITI.

I congratulate Afe Babalola, for the asecention to the level he has, and he is an enviable personality from a very humble background. I have no doubt that he has contributed his quota many fold to the betterment of his people.

We must remove our selves from the shadow of humanitarianism. It is synonymous with racism and colonialism.

There are rights in life that learned gentlemen know fully well should not be dependent on the good will of a philanthropist. However it is my believe that we are lost in this cultural heritage of dependency which if perpetuated will not free us from the strangle hold of that which we sick to run away from- freedom, free enterprise, right to basic infrastructure, education,health, electricity etc. "God help those who help them selves" (a.k.a -work hard and God will help you)
Re: Nigeria Gets Seven New Private Universities by paulex90: 5:19pm On Oct 31, 2009
paulex90:

Perhaps there shall come a time when our philanthropist, man made or God made will divert their wealth towards industry, research,innovations and creation of genunie enterprise without short gain rewards,

yes perhaps there shall come a time when nigerians will look beyond the present and into the long distant future

yes perhaps there shall come a time when our today shall be based on our tomorrow

yes perhaps there shall come a time when we will begin to respect dying as part of our living and not living believing we shall never die.

yes perhaps there shall be time when our nigeria shall have an ideology of state, a motivator towards ensuring a self sustaining nigeria not looking for do gooders with an eye on their pockets.

yes we should be grateful and thank full for the Babalolas, Obasanjos, Babagindas, and others for being philanthropic. why should we? we are nigerians.

My sadness in the creation of more universities is beret h with lost opportunities, the problems of lack of industries, for sight  etc.

A philanthropist with good intentions will create a research facility funded purposefully with intent to provide research targetting development in the country.

No, how many philanthropist comit their money to such projects and devote their time to ensuring success. It is the same culture, of get more money and get rich quick.

A mentality ingrained on our youth, so they want to be great even before they leave university, no wonder NUC and the so called Leaders keep them long in universities in an attempt to curb them, with prolonged strikes etc. Even with emergence of private universities etc it has become a vogue for nigerians to be schooled abroad from cyprus, bombay, to London USA, Ghana etc.

The fan fare attached to the these deeds are self explanatory of why they do these things.The list of who is who in Nigeria in this regard is endless. The country is still where it is. Crying for help.

It Is not rocket science to know that more universities is not the problem.What is the problem? That is another days work>

I extend my reserved congratulations to the very amiable, and enviable gentleman on the addition of yet one  more centre of knowledge to our country, this time with POST CODE ADO EKITI.

I congratulate Afe Babalola, for the asecention to the level he has, and he is an enviable personality from a very humble background. I have no doubt that he has contributed his quota many fold to the betterment of his people.

We must remove our selves from the shadow of humanitarianism. It is synonymous with racism and colonialism.

There are rights in life that learned gentlemen know fully well should not be dependent on the good will of a philanthropist. However it is my believe that we are lost in this cultural heritage of dependency which if perpetuated will not free us from the strangle hold of that which we sick to run away from.We yearn for- freedom, free enterprise, right to basic infrastructure, education,health, electricity etc.
"God help those who help them selves"  (a.k.a -work hard and God will help you). Time to do way with Father Christmas, grow up.

Re: Nigeria Gets Seven New Private Universities by DisGuy: 8:34pm On Oct 31, 2009
Paulex90

i watched an episode of personality this morning with AFE BABALOLA's story

very hard-working down to earth man, heard the uni is top notch wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Computer Courses To Study To Get Jobs Easily! ----------------------------- / Hensard University Foundation School Announces Sale Of Admission Forms / Who Is To Be Blamed For Examination Malpractices In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.