Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. (34509 Views)

My First Visit To The Eko Atlantic City (pictures And Video) / Eko Atlantic City Updates / New Great Shorts Of Eko-atlantic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by EdibleCatering: 8:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
fellis:
Why don't these people just build factories and industries instead to create jobs for youth? What purpose is this hotel serving towards making Nigeria a better country?

Wunt the hotel still employ pple?? Assuming its a hotel

9 Likes

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Orikinla(m): 8:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
Nothing special.
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by JJBROS(m): 8:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
Great!
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by DrRiley(m): 8:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
World class.
Still for the rich though

1 Like

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by EdibleCatering: 8:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
hagmond1:
Yorubas are doing great.

Ogun,Oyo and Ondo should pick up themselves and place themselves on the same pedestal as Lagos

God bless Yorubas and nairaland as I deactivate

After u will be begging for "special status" u want to use 1% of everybody's sweat to develop lagos. When it is developed, u claim it as "Yoruba land". If its a yoloba achievemnt, why are oda sw states not even close? Na so bwaris wuld start claiming Abuja as their achievement. Useless comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by 2n2k(m): 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
fellis:
Why don't these people just build factories and industries instead to create jobs for youth? What purpose is this hotel serving towards making Nigeria a better country?

It is not a hotel. It is high-rise luxury apartments for the top people that will establish and run the factories and industries. Got it now?

6 Likes

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
Deactivate and die!
Yorubas are doing great.

Ogun,Oyo and Ondo should pick up themselves and place themselves on the same pedestal as Lagos

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by omololu2020(m): 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
EdibleCatering:

After u will be begging for "special status" u want to use 1% of everybody's sweat to develop lagos. When it is developed, u claim it as "Yoruba land". If its a yoloba achievemnt, why are oda sw states not even close? Na so bwaris wuld start claiming Abuja as their achievement. Useless comment
you are the one making a useless comment..eko atlantic was started by tinubu not the federal government.lagos was a hell hole in 1998,but the likes of tinubu and fashola did a nice job whoch ambode is working on..
lagos is what it is because of her leaders

18 Likes

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by diegwu01: 8:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
Sai APC.
You cant see anything like this is a PDP controlled state. Never!

5 Likes

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by joinnow: 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
Lebanese taking over all Lagos ocean views lands
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Truth234(m): 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
fellis:

It will create jobs and it web the west Africa financial hub. What Wall Street is to the world.
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
Only for the rich the poor live in slums embarassed
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by nextstep(m): 8:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
I am on your side on this one (and a firm believer in manufacturing), but I think the answer for why they're doing this is:

1. there is a demand for luxury accomodations in Nigeria that will pay from day 1.
2. factories and industry is risky business when you have to supply your own electricity, water, light
3. who knows how much you will pay for machines and raw materials as the exchange rate bounces all over the place
4. the quality of labour is low (compared to other countries), due to many factors
5. Nigerians won't buy your products (since it's made in Nigeria)
6. apart from a few sectors, competition from abroad (with lower costs of production) will wipe out your profits

In light of these, the question to me becomes, "who in their right mind would build a factory in Nigeria?" It's sad, really. embarassed
Of course, we have our few giants of industry, but for the most part, there's more profit in luxury accommodations, than there is in manufacturing, today. Besides, it will grow the economy in terms of office space, hotels, luxury apartments and the like.

fellis:

2 Likes

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by abike12(f): 8:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
What about structural integrity? You can't pay me to stay in a high rise in Nigeria with all that's been going on
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by nextstep(m): 8:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
abike12:
What about structural integrity? You can't pay me to stay in a high rise in Nigeria with all that's been going on

Actually, most if not all, of the high rises in Nigeria are well built and stable, from Lagos to Ibadan to Abuja. Not one has fallen since the first was built (Cocoa House, Ibadan) in 1965.

5 Likes

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by lielbree: 8:46pm On Oct 17, 2016
My brothers from the Niger delta. Look at the big picture. Stop bombing pipelines ooo. All our business has gone to lagos.

Please let's attract investors, through dialogue we can achieve much more. ..

2 Likes

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by omonnakoda: 8:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
Oyel Money
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by omonnakoda: 8:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
EdibleCatering:

Ajegbodo, You are not literate no one is begging for anything they are simply asking for derivation to apply to Money that accrues to the Federation account from Lagos from VAT paid in Lagos.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by EdibleCatering: 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2016
omololu2020:
you are the one making a useless comment..eko atlantic was started by tinubu not the federal government.lagos was a hell hole in 1998,but the likes of tinubu and fashola did a nice job whoch ambode is working on..
lagos is what it is because of her leaders

Hell hole Hahaha . little child .. Now go to bed.

I see ur way too young /shallow for me to engage

Good nite kid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by EdibleCatering: 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2016
omonnakoda:
Ajegbodo, You are not literate no one is begging for anything they are simply asking for derivation to apply to Money that accrues to the Federation account from Lagos from VAT paid in Lagos.

Asking and not begging right

Y dont they just take it if it is theirs?

"The stridency of your cluelessness has reached the heights of impiety...." Wole soyinka
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by hamzyluv(m): 9:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
fellis:
just ask ur self ... what were Nigerians young guys doing in Dubai as means of livelihood ?
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Shym3xx: 9:11pm On Oct 17, 2016
Impressive.

To those looking for factories and other things, Lagos shouldn't be the place for that. London has Canary Wharf. New York has Manhattan. UAE has Dubai. So, this is absolutely a wonderful initiative and if well executed, with a proper financial district in mind - it could end up becoming the financial centre of Africa. And that right there is much more valuable than oil.

Salute to the fact that they're slowly but surely executing. Hopefully, the end game would follow the same path.

3 Likes

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by bsideboii(m): 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
Wow..nice one coming from eko
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
EdibleCatering:

Hell hole Hahaha . little child .. Now go to bed.

I see ur way too young /shallow for me to engage

Good nite kid
boy! U are d one needs a reall sleep ur eyes are getting dizzy. So u mean the guy u quoted is not correct?? Are u for real?

4 Likes

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Getintouch2004(m): 9:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
mummyson26:
This high building on top ocean May God save us

Lol, if u see "Palm Groove" in Dubai, you no go talk like this grin
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Zdoh(m): 9:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
This is what i call development.Investors will now know the right place to come.

1 Like

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Flexyshubzy(m): 9:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
fellis:
What you don't know is more than what you know.....FYI it isn't hotel.. .....i don't have time to explain, go and research on eko Atlantic

1 Like

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by amanikondo: 9:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
What is my move in date?
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by middlebelter(m): 9:45pm On Oct 17, 2016
Yorubas are doing great.

Tribalist. It is not about a tribe it is about Nigeria. #amproudtobeanigerian#
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by abukaokab: 9:54pm On Oct 17, 2016
instend of dis rubbish dey suppose to build low cost estate God ar washing u people oooooo
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by mbhs139(m): 9:58pm On Oct 17, 2016
fellis:

Young man, that's also an industry, tourist industry, which will also employ loads of young people like you and I. It does not necessary to be factory all the time. If you check Dubai for instance, they have loads and loads of world class hotels like this one, where people from all over the world came to spend their money and improve the economy.

1 Like

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by JayJustus(m): 10:02pm On Oct 17, 2016
fellis:

hotel brings foreign exchange...hotels can act as a tourist attraction...burj khalifa in Dubai is a tourist attraction on its own...I am in this industry and I know how much dollars we make on a daily basis...come to my hotel alone and we can replace most BDCs around cos we have these currencies...need me list more what about underwater hotels in Fiji islands and the rest??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don’t Open Your Car Trunk From Inside For Police Or Anyone / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less / IMSU Student Crushed To Death By Trailer On His Way To Exam This Morning (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.