Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:47 PM

Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures (3426 Views)

Boko Haram: Shekau Appears Again, Says “we’re In Sambisa, Police Wives With Us” / Amosun Tours Abeokuta City Center In Oke - Ilewo (Photos) / Lagos State Commissions New E-library And Codding Center. PICTURES. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Johnnyessence(m): 8:39am On Oct 18, 2016
Construction of bridge in control area av stop contractors av leaved d site.this is bad from rochas government.d contractors handling d bridge linking control road and federal sectariat axis av stopped rochas should do d needful and stop this disgrace it is becoming alarming.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Johnnyessence(m): 8:59am On Oct 18, 2016
D only solution to this environmental issue in owerri metropolis is for d government to support the structures of sanitation agency d agency should do d needful and arrest d refuse defaulters in owerri and its environs.and another solution again d sanitation agency to bring in sanitation companies to work for d betterment of d public.what is d commissioner of d environment doing in imo state.this commissioner should be sacked without further delay.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by obailala(m): 9:02am On Oct 18, 2016
Jennynkk:

I have a believe that imo state is under a spell.
Elections are still very far away so I wonder the motive behind some of these campaigns of calumny. You post old pictures of bad roads, including federal roads like the PH-Owerri road or the Obinze-Naze road and then you shout Rochas?.... Okay there's a heap of dirt in the middle of douglas road and as bad as that is and as bad a reputation it is for the governor, I must say I have never known a clean douglas road all my life. Kindly tell us a time when douglas road was ever clean in the last 20 years?
Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Johnnyessence(m): 9:03am On Oct 18, 2016
Lalasticla fp pls we more solutions to this environmental menace.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Doug07034780891(m): 9:06am On Oct 18, 2016
obailala:
Elections are still very far away so I wonder the motive behind some of these campaigns of calumny. You post old pictures of bad roads, including federal roads like the PH-Owerri road or the Obinze-Naze road and then you shout Rochas?.... Okay there's a heap of dirt in the middle of douglas road and as bad as that is and as bad a reputation it is for the governor, I must say I have never known a clean douglas road all my life. Kindly tell us a time when douglas road was ever clean un the last 20 years?

All the pictures he has posted are very recent like yesterday. See more below. We need to call a spade a spade for once. All the roads in imo state are terribly bad and unmotorable. See the crying of people on ground. These are real people with dates.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Johnnyessence(m): 9:12am On Oct 18, 2016
Douglas road is not only d road that is dirty many street roads are dirty in imo state.at times when am going to onitsha axis irete market is not that dirty it is always neat even u may not know there is market along that axis.imo state house committee on environment should query d sanitation agency.d structures should be supported by d state legislators at least rochas is paying u people monthly salary.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Teespice(f): 9:47am On Oct 18, 2016
choi.
if owerri is looking like this, I wonder what my village would look like.
can 2019 reach already. okoroawusa has outlived his usefulness.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by obailala(m): 9:59am On Oct 18, 2016
Doug07034780891:

All the pictures he has posted are very recent like yesterday. See more below. We need to call a spade a spade for once. All the roads in imo state are terribly bad and unmotorable. See the crying of people on ground. These are real people with dates.
Yes roads are bad, roads are bad everywhere even in Abuja, Nigeria is still a shithole. Now is the rainy season, and it's definitely not the time to travel around if you don't wish to be stuck in the mud or in the flood. Continuously creating threads to showcase a couple of bad roads in Owerri and environs in the peak of the rainy season is just childish nonsense and I'm yet to understand the motive behind these multitude of repeated threads of bad roads in owerri. If it's for election purposes, are these people aware that the elections have since been won and lost?

And yeah, some of the pictures posted by the Op are pictures of federal roads which have been circulated on the internet for ages, I could clearly see a picture of the PH-Owerri road there. Enough of this silly childish campaigns of calumny, I'm sure most of you are adults, you need to act your age please.
Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Doug07034780891(m): 10:02am On Oct 18, 2016
Be sincere for once, Owerri is presently a messed town with no road, no planning, no infrastructure, filth everywhere. Call a spade a spade. Even abagworo will disappointed in you..LOL

obailala:
Yes roads are bad, roads are bad everywhere even in Abuja, Nigeria is still a shithole. Now is the rainy season, and it's definitely not the time to travel around if you don't wish to be stuck in the mud or in the flood. Continuously creating threads to showcase a couple of bad roads in Owerri and environs in the peak of the rainy season is just childish nonsense and I'm yet to understand the motive behind these barrage of threads talking of bad roads in owerri.

And yeah, some of the pictures posted by the Op are pictures of federal roads which have been circulated on the internet for ages, i could clearly see a picture of the PH-Owerri road there. Enough of this silly childish campaigns of calumny.
Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by obailala(m): 10:05am On Oct 18, 2016
Doug07034780891:
Be sincere for once, Owerri is presently a messed town with no road, no planning, no infrastructure, filth everywhere. Call a spade a spade. Even abagworo will disappointed in you..LOL

Grow up man, grow up.
Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Doug07034780891(m): 10:07am On Oct 18, 2016
Teespice:
choi.

if owerri is looking like this, I wonder what my village would look like.

can 2019 reach already. okoroawusa has outlived his usefulness.

Propaganda does not last. Abagworo fed people with lots of it but look at where we found ourselves now..

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by kernel504(m): 10:22am On Oct 18, 2016
Realdeals:
Blame imolites, if government established an agency like Lawma they will complain, people want everything free.
The impact of Lawma in Lagos is glaring aside from ensuring the State is clean, employment is also been generated.

Shut that hole before your face.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Igboid: 10:23am On Oct 18, 2016
When I first visited Owerri was in 2007, I was so astonished and taken by the beauty of Owerri. There were green and lively flowers all over the town, everywhere was neat, Owerri was the neatest town in the entire country, it even won an award, only Calabar could match Owerri in neatness those days.

Ohakim was not the best, but that man kept Owerri neat and clean, he was a full Igbo blood.

How exactly did we end up with a man whose half DNA is Hausa. A man not fully Igbo presiding over Imo stage. If he were performing well, we could ignore his alien genes, but Okorocha is not performing well. He has plunged Imo state into the abyss of infrastructural development.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Doug07034780891(m): 10:44am On Oct 18, 2016
The truth of the matter is that Owerri is cursed. Even abagworo knows...

obailala:
Grow up man, grow up.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Johnnyessence(m): 11:29am On Oct 18, 2016
Doug07034780891:
The truth of the matter is that Owerri is cursed. Even abagworo knows...

welldone bro for posting d abandoned project of rochas government instead of him to finish d abandoned project he is busy embarking on another one that he will not finish again

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Johnnyessence(m): 11:45am On Oct 18, 2016
D new road project he embarked on in mcc road to owerri north local is still under construction.rochas should finish all d project he embarked on since 4 years ago.am highly dissappointed in rochas adminstration.he lies a lot and didn't know d reward of lies will show up,now it has prove it.even if d rain end in d last quarter of d year he won't finish all this project.rochas is very crude in his government.he can't achieve anything but spreading propaganda every where.d painful part is that he doesn't listen to d masses but prove adamant he knows what he is doing.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Adagworo: 11:47am On Oct 18, 2016
Sincerely speaking Okorocha has failed us all.

1 Like

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Johnnyessence(m): 11:57am On Oct 18, 2016
obailala:
Yes roads are bad, roads are bad everywhere even in Abuja, Nigeria is still a shithole. Now is the rainy season, and it's definitely not the time to travel around if you don't wish to be stuck in the mud or in the flood. Continuously creating threads to showcase a couple of bad roads in Owerri and environs in the peak of the rainy season is just childish nonsense and I'm yet to understand the motive behind these multitude of repeated threads of bad roads in owerri. If it's for election purposes, are these people aware that the elections have since been won and lost?

And yeah, some of the pictures posted by the Op are pictures of federal roads which have been circulated on the internet for ages, I could clearly see a picture of the PH-Owerri road there. Enough of this silly childish campaigns of calumny, I'm sure most of you are adults, you need to act your age please.
abegi umuguma road is federal abi abegi don't ever in your life support lies in the government here ok hmmmmmm.speak truth and not telling us lies here ok.most of d pics d op post are state and d local government roads.what is happen to local government roads hmmmm no tarred road in all d 27 local government in imo state except d focus roads in owerri which has now turned to pothole road now.talk truth ok don't celebrate mediocrity here ok.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by obailala(m): 12:02pm On Oct 18, 2016
Igboid:
When I first visited Owerri was in 2007, I was so astonished and taken by the beauty of Owerri. There were green and lively flowers all over the town, everywhere was neat, Owerri was the neatest town in the entire country, it even won an award, only Calabar could match Owerri in neatness those days.

Ohakim was not the best, but that man kept Owerri neat and clean, he was a full Igbo blood.

How exactly did we end up with a man whose half DNA is Hausa. A man not fully Igbo presiding over Imo stage. If he were performing well, we could ignore his alien genes, but Okorocha is not performing well. He has plunged Imo state into the abyss of infrastructural development.
People for whatever reason (political or whatever) visit bad spots in the peak of the rainy season, take several pictures and then repeatedly open multiple threads with these pictures of bad spots to mould and distort your impression of a city. They even go as far as digging up pictures of bad federal interstate roads. Everyday a new thread springs up on this section of nairaland narrating how horrible life has become in owerri because of rochas and I begin to wonder what's really going on, one begins to wonder if owerri is the only city in the country or if rochas is the only governor in southern Nigeria.

You say you last visited Owerri in 2007, have you seen any of the areas you visited in any of these pics that these characters have been posting about?... If I go into lagos, visit some slums, take thousands of pictures and flood the internet with horrible pictures, do those pictures necessarily represent Lagos?.... I particularly hate this line of argument but Is there any single city or town in nigeria that doesnt have an equal number of potholes or water-logged areas as the dubious Op and his numerous ilk have been posting about Owerri?... How can you let your opinion be moulded by the cheap tricks of some confused hacks?.... Oh I forgot, you hate Rochas the hausa governor in the SE.
Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by obailala(m): 12:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
Johnnyessence:
abegi umuguma road is federal abi abegi don't ever in your life support lies in the government here ok hmmmmmm.speak truth and not telling us lies here ok.most of d pics d op post are state and d local government roads.what is happen to local government roads hmmmm no tarred road in all d 27 local government in imo state except d focus roads in owerri which has now turned to pothole road now.talk truth ok don't celebrate mediocrity here ok.
I'm not celebrating mediocrity, I'm not celebrating anything. Oh yes there are a lot of bad roads and uncompleted projects and substandard projects but I'm only concerned at why 100 threads keep springing up about roads in owerri and Imo in general. One begins to wonder whether Imo or owerri is the only state or city in the entire south or SE. What exactly is the motive behind these hundreds of threads showing pictures of potholes in owerri?
Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Adagworo: 12:11pm On Oct 18, 2016
obailala:
I'm not celebrating mediocrity, I'm not celebrating anything. Oh yes there are a lot of bad roads and uncompleted projects and substandard projects but I'm only concerned at why 100 threads keep springing up about roads in owerri and Imo in general. One begins to wonder whether Imo or owerri is the only state or city in the entire south or SE. What exactly is the motive behind these hundreds of threads showing pictures of potholes in owerri?

Owerri

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by obailala(m): 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
Adagworo:

Owerri
Nonsense... show me the entire pictures of owerri, it makes no sense to just go take pictures of one or 2 places flooded after a heavy rain and then open multiple impostor user accounts to showcase your nonsense pictures...
Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Adagworo: 12:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
obailala:
Nonsense... show me the entire pictures of owerri, it makes no sense to just go take pictures of one or 2 places flooded after a heavy rain and then open multiple impostor user accounts to showcase your nonsense pictures...

I am abagworo you know, this is Rochas construction companies at work. The same government house road is now a disaster.

Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by obailala(m): 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
Adagworo:

I am abagworo you know, this is Rochas construction companies at work. The same government house road is now a disaster.
Grow up man, you aren't kid.
Re: Shocking: Huge Refuse Dumps Appears Again In Owerri City Center Pictures by Doug07034780891(m): 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2016
Owerri

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Send Message To Nnamdi Kanu Over October 1 Quit Notice / Nigerian Govt Has Killed My Husband, Nnamdi Kanu’s Wife Cries Out / FLASHBACK: Nigeria Army, Navy And Police Publicly Campaign For Jonathan (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.