Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:24 AM

Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote (22034 Views)

Nigerian Economy Will Blossom, Says Dangote / Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote / Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by AreaFada2: 8:43am On Oct 18, 2016
IMASTEX:
Farming is the only alternative to stay unhungry

Who wan farm? Jobless girls in cities who should be farming garri move from facebook to instagram to parties looking for guys to suck for money. Jobless guys looking for fast money by any means.

When you suggest farming to them they feel insulted, yet they do not consider asking you to give them your hard earned money as an insult.

People are already being kidnapped and butchered for 75k total worth of sale to ritualists. Except God quickly intervenes, soon a whole human being could be vanishing for just a plate of eba & soup. shocked

We're in real trouble. sad

1 Like

Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by wellmax(m): 8:44am On Oct 18, 2016
I have been saying this for sometime. Nigeria is too dependent on imported foods.It is not good.
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by MsFaith: 8:48am On Oct 18, 2016
Nigeria really needs to go local heavily
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by Arsewipemod: 8:49am On Oct 18, 2016
veekid:
And the guy man in aso Rock aint ready to reverse his yeye policy...... hunger is already on ground Mr dangote
Dangote's view is in tandem with Buhari's policy. Have you not been listening to the news?
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by bigtt76(f): 8:49am On Oct 18, 2016
This man is hustling badly for ways to access cheap dollars so he can start buying assets outside Naija grin
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by Arsewipemod: 8:52am On Oct 18, 2016
AreaFada2:

Who wan farm? Jobless girls in cities who should be farming garri move from facebook to instagram to parties looking for guys to suck for money. Jobless guys looking for fast money by any means.

When you suggest farming to them they feel insulted, yet they do not consider asking you to give them your hard earned money as an insult.

People are already being kidnapped and butchered for 75k total worth of sale to ritualists. Except God quickly intervenes, soon a whole human being could be vanishing for just a plate of eba & soup. shocked

So.. .........what are you waiting for? Do you have a farm? ? What have you been planting? Do you even know what to plant?

1 Like

Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by davidif: 8:53am On Oct 18, 2016
The Washington Post wrote about this earlier and I posted it on here about how Nigeria could be facing famine soon. https://www.nairaland.com/3408576/famine-nigeria
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by Charly68: 8:55am On Oct 18, 2016
emeraldknytt:
Farming is the way out; even if na grass you sabi plant, plant am.
Which one " be this " planting grass for what
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by Charly68: 8:58am On Oct 18, 2016
People are already into farming,the result will start manifesting from November. This is why the Govt ban importation of rice & people are shouting. Baba is on focus on Agriculture we are only praying that budget funding would not hinder the lofty plan of economic diversification.

1 Like

Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by emeraldknytt(m): 8:59am On Oct 18, 2016
Charly68:
Which one " be this " planting grass for what
shey na beans cow dey chop cheesy
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by Charly68: 9:00am On Oct 18, 2016
emeraldknytt:
shey na beans cow dey chop cheesy
Correct man ! Thanks for throwing light.
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 18, 2016
diversifying the economy into agriculture is the only solution but instead of doing just that,the government is busy diversifying crude oil, wasting our lean resources looking for oil upandan in the north, anyway there is already hunger in the land and that's a fact
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by hannyjay(f): 9:07am On Oct 18, 2016
veekid:
And the guy man in aso Rock aint ready to reverse his yeye policy...... hunger is already on ground Mr dangote
did u read at all. Or do u want my primary 2 child to explain to u
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by butanep(m): 9:09am On Oct 18, 2016
teepsee:
every time we hear news like this yet more youth in the rural area are leaving to the urban areas in search of the so called greener pastures.

Then it leaves me wondering, who will do the farming. When the once farming are not even seeing the profit of their labour.
a very big question I must confess.
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by alien1: 9:10am On Oct 18, 2016
emeraldknytt:
Farming is the way out; even if na grass you sabi plant, plant am.
i concur
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by Spidermon: 9:21am On Oct 18, 2016
He might start importing powdered milk and packaging here to compete with Cowbell, Dano and the likes.

I dont trust him.
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by butanep(m): 9:30am On Oct 18, 2016
AreaFada2:

Boss you are very funny but that's the gospel truth.

Everybody wants big money but don't want to get dirty.
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by TheAlchemist: 9:37am On Oct 18, 2016
#waiting for DANGOTE BANK!
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by ochuciano(m): 9:38am On Oct 18, 2016
yusufu16:
In Nigeria more than 80% a farmers and we are hungry. In the USA just 5% are farmers and they are not hungry.

u got me thinking oh
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by MrHenshaw: 9:43am On Oct 18, 2016
teepsee:
every time we hear news like this yet more youth in the rural area are leaving to the urban areas in search of the so called greener pastures.

Then it leaves me wondering, who will do the farming. When the once farming are not even seeing the profit of their labour.

Farming is not only done in the Rural area.Crop production is not the only part of agriculture.Rural area are usually mentioned in this context because it's believed that it is where farmers will see undeveloped land considering our land use Act.
The main thing is for the government to empower the youth,leave the creativity and location to the youth.
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by oxygen004: 10:00am On Oct 18, 2016
Nonsense...... Nigeria eat what they produce except rice...
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by grandstar(m): 10:21am On Oct 18, 2016
He is saying rubbish.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in importing milk. The country has no comparative advantage in producing milk.

And the importation of milk creates lots of direct and indirect jobs from the boys selling Fan Ice to various others who use it in bakery or sell in their kiosks.

1 Like

Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by AreaFada2: 10:22am On Oct 18, 2016
Arsewipemod:

So.. .........what are you waiting for? Do you have a farm? ? What have you been planting? Do you even know what to plant?

I do. Plantain. With a little livestock. Though terrible loss of hundreds of birds made us take some step back. But not deterred despite additional challenges of current recession. I bought into GEJ's agric initiative and it was good.

When I tell jobless people I also do farming they say " it is because you have money to do it ". Where they get that idea from, I do not know. It seems they have a gallery of excuses to do nothing ready. grin cheesy
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by katibu(m): 10:45am On Oct 18, 2016
Hybrid600:
Venturing into business or farming is good, but where will funds/capital come from? Na to turn omila remain to raise capital, no collateral to collect loan from banks...

if you can't, others can and they will. where there's a will there's a way.
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by KunkeAkinola(m): 10:48am On Oct 18, 2016
MightyThor:
why wont this guy be rich?

He has the money (Though I personally think, he some times launder money for some of his rich political friends, he can bring out $2 billion and on one wound look to deep into his affairs, remember his is a business man and they don't keep money idle)

he has the idea (he predicts future trends and key into such sector to reap the benefits)

and he has the guts to follow thru his ideas. (He gets government to back his ideas and even make polices to suit him, that is part of business strategies)

These are some recipes for his success.

U speak sense my mab
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by Hybrid600: 10:51am On Oct 18, 2016
katibu:

if you can't, others can and they will. where there's a will there's a way.

I over can wella!.. Already got my own farm, started small and it keeps growing..
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by Gerrard59(m): 10:59am On Oct 18, 2016
donbrowser:

http://punchng.com/food-importation-nigeria-risk-hunger-says-dangote/

The dairy sector is huge. According to The Economist, we spent $2.1BN importing dairy related products in 2013 and Nigeria is the only African country amongst the biggest buyers of Dutch dairy. shocked

That said, Dangote isn't investing in Nigeria's dairy sector, rather, he's investing in a milk powder plant in Kenya - exporting to Nigeria, I presume. While on that, Kenya's Brookside dairies is investing ditto Zambia's Zambeef. Much of the investment and support into our dairy sector is atrributed to FreislandCampina.

The sector has been discussed here https://www.nairaland.com/1812127/cattle-fattening-goat-farming-dairy

1 Like

Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by Macgabe(m): 11:07am On Oct 18, 2016
MightyThor:
why wont this guy be rich?

He has the money (Though I personally think, he some times launder money for some of his rich political friends, he can bring out $2 billion and on one wound look to deep into his affairs, remember his is a business man and they don't keep money idle)

he has the idea (he predicts future trends and key into such sector to reap the benefits)

and he has the guts to follow thru his ideas. (He gets government to back his ideas and even make polices to suit him, that is part of business strategies)

These are some recipes for his success.

I could not agree less with you. If government makes policy that restrict or stop importation, he makes more money being the major distributor and producer of such product(s) whose importation has been banned.
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by teepsee(f): 11:32am On Oct 18, 2016
MrHenshaw:

Farming is not only done in the Rural area.Crop production is not the only part of agriculture .Rural area are usually mentioned in this context because it's believed that it is where farmers will see undeveloped land considering our land use Act.
The main thing is for the government to empower the youth,leave the creativity and location to the youth.

yea, as i tend to agree with you on that, i think you will also agree that no one do move from the rural to urban in with the intention of farming right? You talking about empowering the youth for farming, for me i don't think empowering is to be the first thing on the list. Rather let the government but up the necessary infrastructure to encourage farming, like solid storage facilities, good access of road to the market. Let look at the fruits that grows in large,(mango ) you will see how it's wasted and after the season, you won't be able to find any in market.
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 18, 2016
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF DANGOTE GROUPS(northern POLITICIANS)
Re: Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote by MrHenshaw: 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2016
teepsee:
yea, as i tend to agree with you on that, i think you will also agree that no one do move from the rural to urban in with the intention of farming right? You talking about empowering the youth for farming, for me i don't think empowering is to be the first thing on the list. Rather let the government but up the necessary infrastructure to encourage farming, like solid storage facilities, good access of road to the market. Let look at the fruits that grows in large,(mango ) you will see how it's wasted and after the season, you won't be able to find any in market.

D empowerment doesn't mean giving cash only and also not limited to your options.People do move from rural to urban for farming only that it's not common.My dear a lot of youths need a little financial empowerment to survive not even waiting for d government to build storage and roads for goods etc.If you wait for those things b4 you go into agriculture in nigeria,honestly u will never practice it.Do u know how many youths that have learnt poultry production,fish farming,apiculture,snail production etc but doesn't have that little fund to carry on.Most of them need only 200k.On the mango issue ,much as a lot is wasted during the peak harvest.lt is not enough to guarantee a huge production line of mango juice adequate production except there a constant and reliable source of mango fruits all year round.I have done the survey b4 but on another fruit.If not d production can only be twice a month after all d investment and staffing.A similar scenario happened as Dangote was about opening his tomato paste production line and how d last tomato disease struck.My write up is much,sorry not my style

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Herbert Wigwe Dedicates N1 Billion To Build Schools In The Northern / Cost of Clearing a 40ft Container At Lagos Port? / A Sample Of Sanusi New 200 Naira Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.