Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business (17455 Views)

Four Steps To Starting A Successful Business / 6 Tips To Earn Some More Money On The Side / Start Your Own Business Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Kennitrust(m): 7:33am On Oct 18, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:

Where is God in my post?
indirectly u r discouraging people on God own side.

start ur business and leave church alone

make God fight his fight
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by conquerour(m): 7:35am On Oct 18, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
I am planning to set up a church so i can collect tithes and offerings from lazy Nigerians who fails to use their brain but rather wait on a sky daddy to come down from heaven to bless them with riches and prosperity. Religion is a multi billion dollar industry and i must tap into it before everyone becomes wise that religion is the greatest scam invented by mankind
Receive senses shocked
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by MenaNathsBlog(f): 7:35am On Oct 18, 2016
Please guys follow my blog cry epp a sister cry kiss kiss www.menanath.com kissthanks kiss
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 18, 2016
nice post op,I noticed many businesses have closed up,and the ones that have not are just trying to stay afloat, so I want to ask, is it that this businesses didn't stick to this guide lines?, even with the right business in the right location, it's still possible for a business to fail especially if there is a better competition, it's like having shoprite beside a provision store owner
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by iykepromotions: 7:42am On Oct 18, 2016
No 2 is very important. by ignoring it alone has made many people failed in business despite starting with a big capital. capital is very important but in business, knowledge and foresight is more important.
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 18, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
I am planning to set up a church so i can collect tithes and offerings from lazy Nigerians who fails to use their brain but rather wait on a sky daddy to come down from heaven to bless them with riches and prosperity. Religion is a multi billion dollar industry and i must tap into it before everyone becomes wise that religion is the greatest scam invented by mankind
funny thing is, no matter how much bullshit you spill about religion and God, it won't stop anyone from worshipping him. so spend your time doing something more rewarding. no one cares what you think!
GOD BLESS
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by shirgles(m): 7:43am On Oct 18, 2016
Good
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 18, 2016
[s]
trustyshoes:

funny thing is, no matter how much bullshit you spill about religion and God, it won't stop anyone from worshipping him. so spend your time doing something more rewarding. no one cares what you think!
GOD BLESS
[/s]

Who said u should not worship grin worship so people like me can also chop from tithes and offerings. Maga no fit finish

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 18, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
[s][/s]

Who said u should not worship grin worship so people like me can also chop from tithes and offerings. Maga no fit finish
undecided clap for yourself na! comedian. na today? we've heard this joke a thousand times on this forum. like i said, nobody GAF wink
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by ezechueze(m): 8:00am On Oct 18, 2016
OK
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 18, 2016
trustyshoes:

undecided clap for yourself na! comedian. na today? we've heard this joke a thousand times on this forum. like i said, nobody GAF wink

I live in Newport. What about you

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Ibro27: 8:02am On Oct 18, 2016
nony43:
Start small and think big, I concur with that, number 7 is that don't start with bank loan
Please never collect any loan that involve interest it destroy business.
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Goodplace: 8:15am On Oct 18, 2016
Why are u ignorant and foolish about the covenant of tithes and offering. U call tithers lazy people. How well is your life. Why couldn't u learn from the lesson rather u allowed the devil ministered to u and make mockery of his laws. Be guided.
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by pheyimen: 8:16am On Oct 18, 2016
missdebs:
in this buhari era, businessmen are the only ones getting paid, you'll be surprised even the akara Seller at your junction earns more than you a civil servant. its either business or MMM
gbayi
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by NaijaBlend: 8:22am On Oct 18, 2016
nghubs1:

A common quote says “we plan but God proposes”.

This is different from the common quote we know. Please, can you explain your version how God proposes?

1 Like

Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Carter4luv(m): 8:25am On Oct 18, 2016
i av passion for MMM and i want to invest more on it.lol
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Natifa(f): 8:33am On Oct 18, 2016
Op, that was helpful thanks
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by misscall247: 8:36am On Oct 18, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
And how is dat ur business?
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by misscall247: 8:38am On Oct 18, 2016
MenaNathsBlog:
Please guys follow my blog cry epp a sister cry kiss kiss www.menanath.com kissthanks kiss
hahaha.....d next Linda.
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by MsFaith: 9:13am On Oct 18, 2016
orlarbissy:
We know all DAT, give us funds to start up. Shekeina grin grin grin

That's why you were advised to start small.
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Sanni45(m): 9:14am On Oct 18, 2016
2dugged:
nice post op,I noticed many businesses have closed up,and the ones that have not are just trying to stay afloat, so I want to ask, is it that this businesses didn't stick to this guide lines?, even with the right business in the right location, it's still possible for a business to fail especially if there is a better competition, it's like having shoprite beside a provision store owner
To b sincere,in dis period to stay in business,it is about d survival of d fittest..Ur cost has increased,u hv to be careful how u transfare such to ur client or customer,hence u send them elsewhere...Lyk d example u cited,its about where customer can get goods @ reasonable price..Tho location is also key..IMHO
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 18, 2016
Sanni45:
To b sincere,in dis period to stay in business,it is about d survival of d fittest..Ur cost has increased,u hv to be careful how u transfare such to ur client or customer,hence u send them elsewhere...Lyk d example u cited,its about where customer can get goods @ reasonable price..Tho location is also key..IMHO
let me ask you, if you have to buy let's say strawberries from shoprite and a road side fruit seller, who would you prefer to patronize?, Nigerians always have that mentality of foreign is better, most of our local businesses are closing up, not because they don't measure up or not cheap, it's the mentality of Nigerians who think foreign products are more superior, even when it ours seem to be cheaper and healthier, I know this because I have seen a good example
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by hefelove(m): 9:35am On Oct 18, 2016
I have someone that has alot of capital and he wants me to go into a business with him but the problem is we just don't know which business to do exactly
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Sanni45(m): 9:48am On Oct 18, 2016
2dugged:
let me ask you, if you have to buy let's say strawberries from shoprite and a road side fruit seller, who would you prefer to patronize?, Nigerians always have that mentality of foreign is better, most of our local businesses are closing up, not because they don't measure up or not cheap, it's the mentality of Nigerians who think foreign products are more superior, even when it ours seem to be cheaper and healthier, I know this because I have seen a good example
To answer ur question,sometimes it's not about foreign products are superior,it's about how these sellers handle this edible items...If dey present these things in an appealing manner am sure people would patronise them more.Am not saying I don't buy from them anyway.The issue is how do Nigerians present their goods.But mosttimes goods produced are just below standard,SON and other regulatory bodies ain't just doing there jobs.Saying this from experience.
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 18, 2016
Sanni45:
To answer ur question,sometimes it's not about foreign products are superior,it's about how these sellers handle this edible items...If dey present these things in an appealing manner am sure people would patronise them more.Am not saying I don't buy from them anyway.The issue is how do Nigerians present their goods.But mosttimes goods produced are just below standard,SON and other regulatory bodies ain't just doing there jobs.Saying this from experience.
you are not entirely correct, most of our consumables especially fruits are healthier and less likely to contain GMOs but Nigerians still opt for big malls, the reason some Nigerians go for local products is because they can't afford the foreign ones, if they could they will boycott local goods just to show off class, people always have this "I better pass you" mentality attached to foreign goods
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Sanni45(m): 11:03am On Oct 18, 2016
2dugged:
you are not entirely correct, most of our consumables especially fruits are healthier and less likely to contain GMOs but Nigerians still opt for big malls, the reason some Nigerians go for local products is because they can't afford the foreign ones, if they could they will boycott local goods just to show off class, people always have this "I better pass you" mentality attached to foreign goods
Wait a minute, If Nigerians opt for foreign consumables,mosttimes it is to get quality for their money..Look the "I better pass you" thing is out of it.If I patronize shoprite for cosumables like fruits,thats not to show off,cos it's not sth I will go about displaying.Remember,once beaten twice shy.Nigerian producers are known to be profit oriented dan normal and have made Nigerians to believe our local products ain't up to standard cos dey(d producers) are more concerned about d profit.We will need reorientation to change this.Sis.
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 18, 2016
Sanni45:
Wait a minute, If Nigerians opt for foreign consumables,mosttimes it is to get quality for their money..Look the "I better pass you" thing is out of it.If I patronize shoprite for cosumables like fruits,thats not to show off,cos it's not sth I will go about displaying.Remember,once beaten twice shy.Nigerian producers are known to be profit oriented dan normal and have made Nigerians to believe our local products ain't up to standard cos dey(d producers) are more concerned about d profit.We will need reorientation to change this.Sis.
let me get the point here when talking about value for your money, does berries grown here on Nigeria taste less than the imported ones?,and you didn't also address the issue of GMOs I brought up either, the truth is its not about getting quality for your money, you and I know that Nigeria is a dumping ground for anything from anywhere even when it's not upto to standard, some products here when compared with the same product in other countries are not the same, yet we pay the same amount, while our own local industries are left to struggle.What comes to your mind when you hear "aba made",substandard and local right but there are products from those same aba made that can last even longer than the so called foreign made.If regulatory bodies were to do thier jobs Nigerians are actually being robbed of thier money because most of the things we pay exorbitant money for just because they are foreign are not even up to the standard of the same product in developed countries
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Sanni45(m): 12:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
2dugged:
let me get the point here when talking about value for your money, does berries grown here on Nigeria taste less than the imported ones?,and you didn't also address the issue of GMOs I brought up either, the truth is its not about getting quality for your money, you and I know that Nigeria is a dumping ground for anything from anywhere even when it's not upto to standard, some products here when compared with the same product in other countries are not the same, yet we pay the same amount, while our own local industries are left to struggle.What comes to your mind when you hear "aba made",substandard and local right but there are products from those same aba made that can last even longer than the so called foreign made.If regulatory bodies were to do thier jobs Nigerians are actually being robbed of thier money because most of the things we pay exorbitant money for just because they are foreign are not even up to the standard of the same product in developed countries
My point is this,forget about what it should b lyk and let's face reality,this is just a function of insensitive govt.No doubt we have d potential just a little more effective govt n things will b in order.U mentioned " Aba made" who is monitoring d standard of their products.Bsides this guys sometimes want to make 100% profit,hence wud utilize inferior material in producing this things.Wud u want buy sth u buy out of probability?And you said foreign producers sell standard product in their country but send substandard once here.Whose fault is it? theirs or d non -challant Nigerian govt?
N to d GMOs you are right about that but wants makes our locally made consumables lik fruits,livestock any better.Go to our markets see how flies perch on fruits,Don't u see how beef are transported on bike.My sister, see how this items are handled.If Nigerians must patronize locally made the govt must raise d bar on standard of goods produce and should limit the importation of goods just like Indian n China did.
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:

I live in Newport. What about you
why would I tell you? undecided
Re: 6 Tips To Starting Your Own Business by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
trustyshoes:

why would I tell you? undecided

I wanna meet ya in person smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity: Petrol Attendants Lock Up Unruly Policemen In Akure / NEXT Newspaper (234Next) Stops Printing / Anyaoku Backs Buhari Stance On Naira Devaluation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.