Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,807 members, 7,862,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

Do Nigerians Really Have Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Nigerians Really Have Religion? (278 Views)

Questions For Those Who Don’t Have Religion But Believe In God / Does Anyone Really Have The Holy Spirit? / Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Nigerians Really Have Religion? by mrrights: 10:09am On Oct 18, 2016
DO NIGERIANS REALLY HAVE RELIGION?

I have a female friend who happens to be a Muslim, but in the next few minutes, she could suddenly become a Xtian. According to her, if she eventually marry a xtian, she won’t mind becoming a xtian. In her view, its easy to be xtian, all you need is attend church once a week and dance yourself out, unlike being a Muslim that you need to be praying 5 times daily. Also, I have a xtian lady who said she likes me, but upon telling her jokingly that I would have dated her if she is a Muslim,she suddenly want to become a Muslim.
A Muslim friend (Abdulsomething) at one time suddenly changed his name to (brother something) because he wanted to date a xtian lady. He went to Redeem church with her several times claiming to be converted. Similarly, Another xtian guy who wanted to marry a lady in iIorin had to convert to Islam to achieve his aim.

The question is, Do Nigerians really have religion? If yes, what is the motivation behind our religion? Are we in our present religion because we were born in it or because we truly understand it? Do we really understand our religious teaching or just bearing the name?

Lets hear your thoughts.

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Are You Overcoming? / Please Help Me, Save A Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.