Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? (1453 Views)

Could God's Words Be Opinions? / Does Anyone Really Have The Holy Spirit? / How Could GOD Allow This? How Could GOD Allow This?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:46pm On Nov 14, 2017
Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days?

Sometimes my own responses I amaze myself. That's when I know the Holy Spirit is involved.

OEC: To say God created everything in 7 days or 7 periods of times would both be taking the Bible literally, because the word works both ways

Me: If it's periods of time and you could prove that I have no problem believing it. But no OEC has been able to prove otherwise and explain why 4 parts of a day are included. To explain it away they claim: Well the translators had it wrong. Well when you attack the messenger to destroy the message that makes the whole Bible wrong. End of response.

I have no problem reversing views on theology or creation beliefs. But no OEC has been able to prove OEC while keeping the 4 parts of a day included on the first day of creation. part of finding truth is that regardless of what you believe to always be open to correction.

I'm not YEC because I was taught or raised that way. I have considered most all things concerning Biblical and secular beliefs. YEC, OEC, TE, and ToE. But using the Bible as the truth only YEC fits and that's why I'm YEC.

Problems:

1) OEC: I found that over 90% of the Bible dealing with creation I have to ignore to believe it.
2) TE: Over 95% of the Bible concerning creation I have to ignore.
3) ToE 100% of the whole Bible I have to ignore to believe it.

YEC is the only belief that I find is 99% in harmony with God's word. Why not 100%? No one can acheive 100% truth except God.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EvolutionIsALie/

KEY: OEC = Old Earth Creationist; YEC = Young Earth Creationist; TE = Theist Evolutionist; ToE = Theory of Evolutionist.

1 Share

Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by Nobody: 12:42am On Nov 15, 2017
lol I don't know oo, but let me go all biblical now, in 2 peter 3:8 here d bible tell us dat one day 4 God is a thousand years 4 man, so going by dis I will say God create d world six thousands years(,by man standard) not six days.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by jerflakes(m): 4:13am On Nov 15, 2017
Jesse01:
lol I don't know oo, but let me go all biblical now, in 2 peter 3:8 here d bible tell us dat one day 4 God is a thousand years 4 man, so going by dis I will say God create d world six thousands years(,by man standard) not six days.

Couldn't it have been more realistic if everything was created with the snap of a finger?

In nano seconds

Instead of 6days or 6000days?

3 Likes

Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 15, 2017
jerflakes:

Couldn't it have been more realistic if everything was created with the snap of a finger?

In nano seconds

it could but like it is written in d good book(Bible) God is working, even d Angeles in heaven's are also working, so dat means God did not or will not do anything, wit just a snap of a finger. it takes time, dat where u get d expression God time is the best.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2017
Jesse01:

"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day" (2 Peter 3:8.).

That verse is saying that God can do in one day what will take natural processes to do in a thousand years. It was not talking about how long it took God to create. Only God can tell us how long it took Him to do it and He has recorded that in Exodus 20:11 which says:

"For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day..." (Exodus 20:11a).
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2017
jerflakes:

In nano seconds

"For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day..." (Exodus 20:11a).

I know it is possible but let us just stick to how long God said He did it and He created it within six days. smiley
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2017
Jesse01:

it could but like it is written in d good book(Bible) God is working, even d Angeles in heaven's are also working, so dat means God did not or will not do anything, wit just a snap of a finger. it takes time, dat where u get d expression God time is the best.

Yes, it took time for the God who is outside the dimension of time but He told us exactly how long it took Him to create the universe.
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by jerflakes(m): 1:11pm On Nov 15, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I know it is possible but let us just stick to how long God said He did it and He created it within six days. smiley

But how did the Bible know the world was created in 6days?

Nobody was there, so who told them?

I know God didn't tell anyone

4 Likes

Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2017
jerflakes:

But how did the Bible know the world was created in 6days?

Nobody was there, so who told them?

I know God didn't tell anyone

God personally wrote it with His own finger on a table of stones as received by Moses. (See the 4th Commandment in Exodus 20).
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by jerflakes(m): 3:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

God personally wrote it with His own finger on a table of stones as received by Moses. (See the 4th Commandment in Exodus 20).

The 4th commandment:

You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

So, where does it say it?

2 Likes

Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:52pm On Nov 15, 2017
jerflakes:

The 4th commandment:

So, where does it say it?

Wrong. That was the 2nd commandment you quoted. Try again. cool
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by jerflakes(m): 4:09pm On Nov 15, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Wrong. That was the 2nd commandment you quoted. Try again. cool

Ok seen it, good work

3 Likes

Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by kachi19: 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2017
He didn't and didn't do it alone... i do tell christians to search for other lost or dumped books of the bible they hold so much more information
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2017
jerflakes:

Ok seen it, good work

"And the Lord delivered unto me two tables of stone written with the finger of God; and on them was written according to all the words, which the Lord spake with you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly" (Deuteronomy 9:10).

Here and in other places in the Bible are the evidence that God Himself wrote the 10 Commandments on tables of stone and this shows the importance God placed on these stone inscribed words, that He created in 6 days. smiley
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30pm On Nov 24, 2017
kachi19:

He didn't and didn't do it alone... i do tell christians to search for other lost or dumped books of the bible they hold so much more information

Have you discovered all the information embedded in the Good Book? undecided
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57am On Feb 08, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

KEY: OEC = Old Earth Creationist; YEC = Young Earth Creationist; TE = Theist Evolutionist; ToE = Theory of Evolutionist.
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by Neurotika: 7:56am On Feb 08, 2018
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2018
Neurotika:

Yes!
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:26am On Sep 06, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Glory be to God! cheesy
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by budaatum: 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2019
Nairaland needs an ignore button! I'd gladly make sure I don't have to read this twoddle!

OLAADEGBU:

"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day" (2 Peter 3:8.).

That verse is saying that God can do in one day what will take natural processes to do in a thousand years. It was not talking about how long it took God to create. Only God can tell us how long it took Him to do it and He has recorded that in Exodus 20:11 which says:

Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

Nairaland needs an ignore button! I'd gladly make sure I don't have to read this twoddle!

You calling the Word of God a 'twoddle'? Why don't you agree with it? You don't have to hate on the Word of God or its bearer. cheesy
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by budaatum: 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

You calling the Word of God a 'twoddle'?
No degbu. I'm calling what you write, twoddle.
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

No degbu. I'm calling what you write, twoddle.

"I have given them your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world" (John 17:14).

That's why I say you must be born again. smiley
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by budaatum: 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

That's why I say you must be born again. smiley
You seem to think being born again means being ignorant. It doesn't. God does not promote the non-use of the senses you are given.
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

You seem to think being born again means being ignorant. It doesn't. God does not promote the non-use of the senses you are given.

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but to us which are saved it is the power of God" (1 Corinthians 1:18).

And that common-sense of yours is what is getting in the way between you and Christ. It is only when you are convinced and convicted of sin that Christ will become intelligible to you. smiley
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by budaatum: 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2019
Science is not "common sense", degbu, please at least use your eyes!

Science is the use of the senses, one of which is the use of your eyes It is so you can use your senses right that Jesus kept healing the blind.

OLAADEGBU:

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but to us which are saved it is the power of God" (1 Corinthians 1:18).

And that common-sense of yours is what is getting in the way between you and Christ. It is only when you are convinced and convicted of sin that Christ will become intelligible to you. smiley
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

Science is not "common sense", degbu, please at least use your eyes!

Science is the use of the senses, one of which is the use of your eyes It is so you can use your senses right that Jesus kept healing the blind.

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

If your 5 senses are working well you will know that the evidence of the Creator is His Creation but if you want to receive anything from this Creator you need to come to Him by faith. smiley
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by budaatum: 1:18pm On Sep 27, 2019
I'm sure my faith is between God and myself, and has nothing to do with you, but if you receive what I receive from my Creator, you would not be advocating the ignorance you promote here! You'd have far many more senses than 5 to start with.

OLAADEGBU:

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

If your 5 senses are working well you will know that the evidence of the Creator is His Creation but if you want to receive anything from this Creator you need to come to Him by faith. smiley
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

I'm sure my faith is between God and myself, and has nothing to do with you, but if you receive what I receive from my Creator, you would not be advocating the ignorance you promote here! You'd have far many more senses than 5 to start with.

You definitely need more than your 5 senses to accept the Word of God as infallible and accurate in the first place. cool
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Well said bro

1 Like

Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by budaatum: 1:30pm On Sep 27, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

You definitely need more than your 5 senses to accept the Word of God as infallible and accurate in the first place. cool
I'll call this a step forward on your part, though I doubt you've developed the senses that would allow you to understand how the Word of God is infallible and accurate. I'd teach you too, but I know you are not yet ready to accept Jesus Christ into your life.
Re: Could God Really Have Created Everything In Six Days? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2019
budaatum:

I'll call this a step forward on your part, though I doubt you've developed the senses that would allow you to understand how the Word of God is infallible and accurate. I'd teach you too, but I know you are not yet ready to accept Jesus Christ into your life.

Good. Then let your 5 senses step aside and let your conscience answer the following questions:

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? ____YES ___NO
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself? ____YES ___NO
Have I ever used God's name in vain? ____YES ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy? ____YES ___NO
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly? ____YES ___NO
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)? ____YES ___NO
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)? ____YES ___NO
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)? ____YES ___NO
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)? ____YES ___NO
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)? ____YES ___NO

(1) (2) (Reply)

These Pastors Didn't Begin Well By Deji Yesufu / African Muslim In America Makes Funny Rant About Christmas / Lunar Eclipse On 4th Of July: A Warning According To 100-year Old Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.