Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,302 members, 7,860,743 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:24 PM

Height Of Incompetence; First Bank Nigeria's Customer Service - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Height Of Incompetence; First Bank Nigeria's Customer Service (847 Views)

Agusto & Co. Assigns A ‘bb’ Rating To Suntrust Bank Nigeria Limited / Zenith Bank, Total Nigeria, Healthplus Bag 2017 Nigeria Customer Service Award / My 100% Positive Experience With Uber Nigeria Customer Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Height Of Incompetence; First Bank Nigeria's Customer Service by adastacy1(f): 11:42am On Oct 18, 2016
Good morning guys,

I have to bring this to your notice about the ill treatment I got from First Bank Nigeria (FBN), since April 2016 till today.

Precisely on the 1st day of the 2nd quarter of this year (01-04-2016), I initiated a transfer(from my First Bank account) of N5000 naira via the Quickteller platform of Keystone Bank Plc's ATM located at Ikot Ekpene Road to an account holden at Skye Bank Plc, I got debited and as such believed that the transaction has been successfully completed, only to find out the next day that the money was not transfered and it was only deducted from my account, but not credited to his account.

Since it was a weekend, I immediately called their 24/7 customers complaint line but couldn't get through. On Monday, I proceeded to First Bank Oron Road Branch, Uyo and laid a complain, I was asked to fill a form and wait that it will be reversed under 24hours. I adhered to the instruction and waited for "the" 24hrs.

Three days after the money was not refunded, neither was it credited to the person's account. I returned to the branch, and this time around I was asked to write a letter that it will take three days before they will respond and refund my money. I kept on going to the bank consistently for 1 month and still the money was not refunded.

October, makes its the 6th month since this happened, yet my money has not been refunded. I went back to the bank this month and was told to wait again for 3 days and I got angry and sent a mail to the customer service (firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com).

The height of this is that within this six months, I have had a wrong deposit of about N400, 000.00 Naira and I went to the same bank to complain and the removed the money and gave back to the person who had it, but why can't they refund my small N5000?.

For the record I have not received any refund from the bank, I can print my statement and show it to anyone. Last month, I received a transfer from a UBA Account, and my account was frozen for 3 days. I have had deductions for ridiculous services that I never requested for in the 1st place.

The worst of it is that the bank sent a mail last week saying that the money has been refunded and a date that looks so alien to me, I have since replied the mail and till date the have clarified me nor responded to the mail, I have considered printing my statement and sending to a lawyer so I can press for damages?

Please kindly advise on what to do.

Attached are the screen shots.

cc:Lalasticlala, OMA4J, Mynd44 please do your part.

Re: Height Of Incompetence; First Bank Nigeria's Customer Service by adastacy1(f): 11:42am On Oct 18, 2016
More

Re: Height Of Incompetence; First Bank Nigeria's Customer Service by GMBuhari: 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2016
So it's now 15 months a year

Is that the Mayan calendar?

(1) (Reply)

Make Your First Dollars Online With These 3 Simple Steps / Before You Mock Anybody For Investing In MMM, Think About This......... / A 2weeks Professional Interior Design And Decoration Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.