Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... (2152 Views)

Google Announced It Would Buy HTC For $1.1 Billion 2 Take Over Android Market / Why Choose Iphone Over Android Phone / 4 Reasons Why You Should Pick Iphone Over Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by Tolzeal(m): 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2016
I know many people will be so curious to read all or not even a paragraph before going berserk hell out on me. sad

Simmer down brothers, I’m going to be making this simple for everyone.

Tolu here and I’m a die fan of android products many years back. I’m still a fan but not as before.
I own an android phone with an iPhone, I’ve been able to compare things up and here are my verdicts why you should pick an IPhone over android in 2016.

Value for Cash

I’m not sure if I have to talk much on this, but you can as well put this to test.. Buy an iPhone today trying flipping in 2-3 years’ time.

Also pick up a flagship mobile on android for any top OEMs and trying do the same. IPhone has more value no matter how old your device might seem compared to android product. Since the world we live now is about been upgraded to modern high specs for mobile devices.
I’m sure you don’t want to stick to one for months and always want an upgrade.

Learn to value your money by investing in devices that will give 80% of money-back.

Security

Oh yes, Security… Android is much prone to attacks, malware, Trojan etc. If you value your confidential life and the safety of your files on mobile.

Using an android phone shouldn’t be ideal as you it liable to attacks as reported by McAfee Antivirus.
Apple has done a great job by securing it devices and I can tell you there No report cases of malware for iPhones that has not been jailbroken.

UI responses and Lags

I’ve had and worked with enough mobiles phones in my life. If you understand the value for smoothness and fluidity with fast response to touch...

You just want to work with an iPhone. Android phones are preloaded with Crapwares BS.

That’s why you see a typical android user finding means to DE-bloat factory apps by furthering their mobiles to attacks in downloading and using a Custom ROM or “root” permitted android applications to perform the task.

Another sad example will be an android phone lags with time. If you are not good at cleaning junks with third party applications like “Clean master and Ccleaner”.

You’ll want to bit yourself so hard on investing so much in picking that high end android mobile.

If you value a good life for multi-tasking! You want to consider picking a mobile that will give you the medium to do that.

Egosim …

I won’t leave with talking about this especially in Nigeria … I know this a little weird but honestly speaking, Working with an iPhone at your place of work or In the community gives you some kinder respect. People tend to see you as someone who financially okay.

Even, with mere iPhone 3Gs you have the respect. Dress good, Pickup an iPhone ,Walking majestically with your mobile. You see yourself getting the attention (Perfect for Ladies).

Conclusion: If you’re a businessman or an entrepreneur who values times so much. Working with a handy premade mobile should be a good choice for you.
Majority of android users use their mobiles for hardcore gaming… C’mon guys … Go get a console.

Finally, I should make it known that iPhone might not be suitable for users who doesn’t appreciate the locked-down aspect of the iOS ( Security Reasons) . But great if you want device with performance with good quality.

What’s your opinion? Do you own an android device or prolly an iPhone? Let hear your say mate….

CC:lalasticlala

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by chineduace(m): 12:40pm On Oct 18, 2016
learn to invest your money on INVESTMENTS not on a phone... thank you.
450k for a phone in the heart of recession is the most hopeless thing you will ever do in your life. come to think of it why is it that the rich use cheaper phones.
please dont come here again with this kind of trash.
Thank you again

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by tolulope855(m): 12:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
Though am not using a 'very very expensive phone, but Respect you because you use IPhone? I must be high!!!

And How have all these aforementioned make you smart?
You need lessons on being smart.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by Tolzeal(m): 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2016
chineduace:
learn to invest your money on INVESTMENTS not on a phone... thank you.
450k for a phone in the heart of recession is the most hopeless thing you will ever do in your life. come to think of it why is it that the rich use cheaper phones.
please dont come here again with this kind of trash.
Thank you again

Name 20 rich people in Nigeria that are using cheap phones and not high-end mobiles.
Stop blaming things on recession bro ... People are doing good stuff..making good things happen in lfe..Building houses and buying nice rides.

Did you even bother reading about all other aforementioned reasons ?
C'mon..

3 Likes

Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by OCTAVO: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
angry
Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by LORDEST(m): 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
Well You made some pretty nice points smiley I'll always go with Iphone in terms of efficiency ... Response to work & all.
But this is Nigeria,Lots of people might not want to accept the truth of what you said.

Thanks for the tip anyways.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by ollah2: 2:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
Only value for money is the right one but some android phones retain its value too (HTC and Sony).
Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by Unlimited22: 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
ollah2:
Only value for money is the right one but some android phones retain its value too (HTC and Sony).
And Samsung
Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by donhils: 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
This iPhone rush & talk is getting too much. What's going on? But then, I have 2 questions on this. 1. How good is iPhone 6s battery knowing that it's less than 1800mah?
2. What and what apps do I have to pay for? Like Whatsapp, Flashscore, Facebook, Twitter, Opera mini, Uc browser, Subway Surf etc, Hope I won't pay.for them?
Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by chineduace(m): 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
Tolzeal:

Name 20 rich people in Nigeria that are using cheap phones and not high-end mobiles.
Stop blaming things on recession bro ... People are doing good stuff..making good things happen in lfe..Building houses and buying nice rides.

Did you even bother reading about all other aforementioned reasons ?
C'mon..

If you are rich enough to afford it, why not. And even if you have 400k to fling, is it an iphone that is most important to you... Rich people keep investing, why people who think they are rich buy iphones and cars... Go and check the world richest men, they dont buy things like this. even Obama , Bill Gates, Dangote do not use iPhones. IF you dash Dangote 400k now, he will never buy an iPhone, but rather he'll put it in his Business and He ends up richer and richer. It's so annoying when people bring up these topics... the life span of an iPhone flagship is 2 years. the life span of 400k in a business is forever sure... Once again if you have the money, plsssss, buy and enjoy it, but sadly, another flagship will come out in a year time and you go buy it again. who gets richer... iPhone and it's investors, who gets poorer... you...!!!!!!!
and finally enjoy the good things of life at a cost, but the best things in life are free...

http://expressng.com/2016/01/photos-dangote-otedola-flaunt-cheap-phones-that-will-surprise-you/
Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by kratoss(m): 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
While i was in camp i was having an argument with a guy over my galaxy s5 and his iphone 5.....

The question i asked him was 'what is your phones ram size??
What is the rom size??
How many pixels is your camera??

His response was ''who cares about that, i dont knw any ram or rom but i know celebrities alwaize use iphone and even while at the club you need to flash out an iphone to show ur a big boy....

I ended the argument their when i understood we use phones for different purposes, and he clearly painted the picture for me of what the hype for an iphone is to people like this OP.....

2 Likes

Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by Tolzeal(m): 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
chineduace:

If you are rich enough to afford it, why not. And even if you have 400k to fling, is it an iphone that is most important to you... Rich people keep investing, why people who think they are rich buy iphones and cars... Go and check the world richest men, they dont buy things like this. even Obama , Bill Gates, Dangote do not use iPhones. IF you dash Dangote 400k now, he will never buy an iPhone, but rather he'll put it in his Business and He ends up richer and richer. It's so annoying when people bring up these topics... the life span of an iPhone flagship is 2 years. the life span of 400k in a business is forever sure... Once again if you have the money, plsssss, buy and enjoy it, but sadly, another flagship will come out in a year time and you go buy it again. who gets richer... iPhone and it's investors, who gets poorer... you...!!!!!!!
and finally enjoy the good things of life at a cost, but the best things in life are free...

http://expressng.com/2016/01/photos-dangote-otedola-flaunt-cheap-phones-that-will-surprise-you/

Please Check my first Opinion... This will answer your question. smiley
Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by RitzyPrince(m): 6:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
chineduace:

balderdash!! What're you saying? Shutup angry

2 Likes

Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by Tolzeal(m): 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
kratoss:
While i was in camp i was having an argument with a guy over my galaxy s5 and his iphone 5.....

What is the rom size??

His response was ''who cares about that, i dont knw any ram or rom but i know celebrities alwaize use iphone and even while at the club you need to flash out an iphone to show ur a big boy....

I ended the argument their when i understood we use phones for different purposes, and he clearly painted the picture for me of what the hype for an iphone is to people like this OP.....

....smiley That was part of my reason if you read the content thoroughly. I made it known that people use an iPhone cos of EGOISM.
I put iphone 3Gs to test not even Iphone 7. That's the mentality that is driving majority.

Apart from that, I said I'm a die- hard fan of android mobiles,You could check through my profile to see how much threads and topics have created about tweaking/Tips/Tricks for android over years.

Your friend not knowing what specs the phone his using seems so dull to me as You can ask me the question and I won't be able to give you a good response.

Androids are full on Bloated crapwares and You Can never compare the battery drainage of android mobile to iPhone both been on the same battery capacity.
Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by Dongreat(m): 7:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
wink

Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by ultmatmus(m): 8:50pm On Oct 18, 2016
kratoss:

What is the rom size??

The bottom truth is that most iPhone users don't care about their phone specs they just use mainly for showoff and they dont feel the restriction of file sharing as they will download what they need..
most android users too dont care about phone specs too it depends on individual sha iphone and android both have limitations and advantages
Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by ultmatmus(m): 8:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
PS there is nothing like being too secured its because hackers didn't target the device maybe cod of population..
if there is a specific need for hacking it you will be amazed how easy or sometimes complex it is to hack those devices
not that hollywood feel you have when watching hacking scenes
Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by mohemos: 10:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
Do you know apple make 65% on every iPhone ?
I've being using my phone (HTC ONE M8) for years and I have no need to change it because it still rocks well, just wanna cook nougat (Android 7.0) on it. Am currently using HTC10 ROM on it, Although my phone was $50 costlier than it's iPhone mate (iPhone 6).
I am yet to witness the first problem with my phone, oh! that reminds me, My friend an iPhone Fan, forced me to sell my HTC ONE M7 to him when his iPhone 5s crashed, He's still using HTC M7 till date.
My supervisor once said the cheapest iPhone you can get is 150k, I just SMH.

My HTC ONE M7 was far ahead of every smartphone that year, Same application to HTC10 (Except Samsung S7 edge camera in the sun) this year but most people are partial when it comes to phone rating.
I do tell people you don't need any antivirus on your Android device because you don't need it. In terms of security I really appreciate Apple because Android device bootloader is just too lose for my liking.

I've done dirty jobs on both IOS, Android and Winmo (Windows mobile), Android is far ahead of every other operating system. Of course I appreciate IOS processing algorithm but when it comes to value for your Money, iPhone is far from it, considering the materials (No doubt, they are okay) used in building iPhone, the price should be far cheaper than what it is.

Concerning UI response, ios lacks serious customization, so what do you expect ?

Tell Apple to dear allow iOS to run on any flagship Android device and you'll see the true definition of speed!

Do you see how Android runs very slow on iPhone ?
May be you've not seen it before, is possible, I can put you through how to get Android ported on your iPhone.

iOS is just too light and boring to me, I can navigate the whole OS in 10 minutes!

Most rich people don't use iPhone Infact they don't change phone often, get your facts right.

Phones are now luxury, I really don't blame people that struggle to save some money to buy iPhone because celebrities are using it. We all have different reasons concerning our phone choices!

3 Likes

Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by isaacasher(m): 3:43am On Oct 19, 2016
i phone
No free mp3 without pc, want one song from your friends computer and it will replace all your songs with his own #itunes crap I download full albums for free on android #saving about $120

I can't download movies, for what na are they mad

I can't download zip file or any file at all and use letter on my computer really why. The word download should not even be used with this crap

Ms word is not free even ms excel in fact no good document editing app is free only the ones from Google smiley even on ios

Can't work with it with out spending too much, why should I buy a phone expensive and still spend so much on it for normal usage.....

My only expenses on my android is data and it's necessary..

I sold my iPhone because it became a Sim card carrier and phone call device.

I can buy it, but it's not wise

IPhone is classic poo #bitter truth
Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by Tolzeal(m): 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by Tolzeal(m): 3:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
isaacasher:
i phone
No free mp3 without pc, want one song from your friends computer and it will replace all your songs with his own #itunes crap I download full albums for free on android #saving about $120

I can't download movies, for what na are they mad

I can't download zip file or any file at all and use letter on my computer really why. The word download should not even be used with this crap

Ms word is not free even ms excel in fact no good document editing app is free only the ones from Google smiley even on ios

Can't work with it with out spending too much, why should I buy a phone expensive and still spend so much on it for normal usage.....

My only expenses on my android is data and it's necessary..

I sold my iPhone because it became a Sim card carrier and phone call device.

I can buy it, but it's not wise

IPhone is classic poo #bitter truth

For all you've just said bro ! It's high time you started expanding your horizon..Hahaha smiley !

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by SontoneriE(m): 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
chineduace:

BROS YOU DEY KPARA ooooO!
Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by tmanis(m): 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
Re: Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... by sakalisis(m): 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
I agree with some of your points but the customization experience on android is one of the thing i cant do without, Rocking my Iphone SE with NextBit Robin.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Configure My New Phone!!! Help Please / Airtel Launch Their 4G LTE Service, See Speed And Details / Glo Launches New Plan called Glo Oga Sim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.