Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,447 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid (18705 Views)

Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About / Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by waice6571: 8:22am On Nov 15, 2016
Who is to be blamed; my mechanic or my ignorance?

I score 3\5. No:1,2&5. undecided

Now I know, ignorance kills than accident. : shocked

Thanks op tongue
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by mayor2013: 8:25am On Nov 15, 2016
[quote author=kulobyno post=51044270][/quote]

You begin to destroy your engine.

Engine sludge comes in

High fuel consumption
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by professore(m): 8:35am On Nov 15, 2016
This is good.
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by 1kinggy(m): 9:07am On Nov 15, 2016
[quote author=kulobyno post=51044270][/quote]

Engine problem due to temperature mismanagement.
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by Waladade4luv(m): 9:38am On Nov 15, 2016
Am guilty of no2 cos my front tires are bigger than back tires, am considering swapping them sha till i gather small to kukuma change the two
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by tete7000(m): 9:42am On Nov 15, 2016
sekem:
In one sentence: leave the vehicle as its creators made it!

Or better still buy a car whose specifications meet your needs.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by vertueptime: 9:50am On Nov 15, 2016
My brother some times situation necessitates that u customize ur car for efficiency, it's just like u buy a brand new wheel barrow and expect it to function as expected, I tell u d wheel barrow won't last a week at maximum exposure to work, hence u will need to chande to an inflatable motor cycle tyre,weld metal bars to strengthen the frame of the barrow, install a "Borris" to allow the wheel run smoothly, I support customisation to fit ur needs

3 Likes

Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by ganaziah(f): 10:29am On Nov 15, 2016
1.Changing vehicle from Manual Transmission to Automatic or vice versa.

2. Switching the steering position from right to left (the vehicle will never get itself no matter what)

1 Like

Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by izuch(m): 10:52am On Nov 15, 2016
Op you no been watch " love-vendor my ride"? Them been dey do all the above mentioned and I been no see anybody wet complain. Musibau my mechanic dey always remove/ disconnect parts for my car a keeps saying " oga e no dy work anything, oyibo wet put am na mumu". The motto still dey move till today.
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by enitiObanke(m): 11:16am On Nov 15, 2016
My car tyres are originally 205/55 R16. But I fitted 215/55 R16. Is dis difference significant enough to deny me enjoying the operatio of the car optimally?
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by upuphim(m): 11:29am On Nov 15, 2016
Thank you for the nice write up. I almost fall victim of changing my tyre rim. May God continue save us from these mechanics.
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by merrywheels(m): 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2016
femi4:
Can I use water only instead of coolant? Since we can't have freezing conditon in this part of the world and I think coolant = water + antifreeze
of course only water and a working radiator fan will do the job.
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by merrywheels(m): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2016
enitiObanke:
My car tyres are originally 205/55 R16. But I fitted 215/55 R16. Is dis difference significant enough to deny me enjoying the operatio of the car optimally?
you just improved the balance of your car,tampered a bit with its manauver space and gave the engine an unoticeable little work. Not bad though.very Ok
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by merrywheels(m): 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
izuch:
Op you no been watch " love-vendor my ride"? Them been dey do all the above mentioned and I been no see anybody wet complain. Musibau my mechanic dey always remove/ disconnect parts for my car a keeps saying " oga e no dy work anything, oyibo wet put am na mumu". The motto still dey move till today.
There's nothing a manufacturer will put in a car that isn't for a function.Otherwise it would save car manufacturers millions of dollars not to put it in the first place. So every thing down to ordinary pins have functions.
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by merrywheels(m): 9:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
ganaziah:
1.Changing vehicle from Manual Transmission to Automatic or vice versa.

2. Switching the steering position from right to left (the vehicle will never get itself no matter what)
yep you garrit!
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by merrywheels(m): 9:14pm On Nov 15, 2016
vertueptime:
My brother some times situation necessitates that u customize ur car for efficiency, it's just like u buy a brand new wheel barrow and expect it to function as expected, I tell u d wheel barrow won't last a week at maximum exposure to work, hence u will need to chande to an inflatable motor cycle tyre,weld metal bars to strengthen the frame of the barrow, install a "Borris" to allow the wheel run smoothly, I support customisation to fit ur needs
You only listed the advantages, Think also of its disadvantages too Which the manufacturer has left to the least possibility of it causing an accident. Don't compare industrial tool with a mechanical tool.
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by merrywheels(m): 9:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
Waladade4luv:
Am guilty of no2 cos my front tires are bigger than back tires, am considering swapping them sha till i gather small to kukuma change the two
Put the two bigger tires at the back,it gives the car better balance for speed,but pls ensure your brakes are really good.
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by merrywheels(m): 10:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
[quote author=morningsta post=51045621][/quote]No its not ok.let them replace with factory spec which is automatic.

1 Like

Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by morningsta(m): 10:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
merrywheels:
No its not ok.let them replace with factory spec which is automatic.

Many thanks. smiley
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by Waladade4luv(m): 11:57am On Nov 16, 2016
merrywheels:
Put the two bigger tires at the back,it gives the car better balance and speed,but pls ensure your brakes are really good.
The is what i did but i dont like the fact that d front bumber is sloppy and closser to the ground sha that is why am considering shifting 205/65 to the front and 250/60 to the rear

1 Like

Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by merrywheels(m): 3:53pm On Nov 16, 2016
Waladade4luv:

The is what i did but i dont like the fact that d front bumber is sloppy and closser to the ground sha that is why am considering shifting 205/65 to the front and 250/60 to the rear
Anyway if ur pocket allows pls follow manufacturers spec.
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by merrywheels(m): 4:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
Merrywheels
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by fleksy: 8:58pm On Apr 21, 2018
For all your car mechanical challenges....call me on 08025438389

I offer free consultation. I value helping people and providing solutions.that call would save you a lot cost-wise before repairs

I am based in Gbagada Lagos.

1 Like

Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by solaris1: 3:17am On Apr 22, 2018
hi, my everwise nairalanders, does anybody know a very reliable and experienced Toyota paseo mechanic that won't drill holes in my pocket, I got a 1992 paseo and I'm fixing things, trying to avoid trial and error mechanics, i reside in ogba, ojodu close to ikeja thank you for your speedy reply
Re: 5 Mechanical Practices Every Car Owner Must Avoid by merrywheels(m): 6:09am On Apr 23, 2018
solaris1:
hi, my everwise nairalanders, does anybody know a very reliable and experienced Toyota paseo mechanic that won't drill holes in my pocket, I got a 1992 paseo and I'm fixing things, trying to avoid trial and error mechanics, i reside in ogba, ojodu close to ikeja thank you for your speedy reply
should there be a special mechanic for the paseo ? Any good japanese car mechanic can do the trick.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Driving Offences In Lagos And Their Penalties / 5 Vehicle Parts That Are Easily Damaged By Potholes / Bad Roads Made Sales At Nigeria's Largest Auto Market To Drop By 92% (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.