Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know (12439 Views)

Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About / Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / How To Check Car Owner By Number Plate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by AutoJoshNG: 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
1. Insurance Policy Verification:

The benefits of having a vehicle insurance policy are enormous plus, it is a legal requirement for every vehicle owner. However, the vehicle insurance industry has been flooded with an alarming number of fake insurance policies, with many vehicle owners in the dark as to the genuity of their insurance covers.

To check if your insurance policy is genuine and to avoid being hounded by law enforcement officials, send an SMS in the following format to 33125: Policy Number*Vehicle Plate Number or log onto www.askniid.org click “Check Policy” and impute the Policy or Car Registration Number.

You can see more details HERE.. https://autojosh.com/fake-vehicle-insurance/

2. Valid Custom Clearance Papers:

All cars purchased from outside the shores of Nigeria are required to have passed through Custom Clearance at the point of entry and clearance papers issued as evidence of payment of the Excise Duty. Custom Officers have always been on rampage stopping vehicles and inspecting their clearance papers. Where these clearance papers are determined by Custom Officials to be fake, they seize and impound such vehicle.

Check if your custom paper is original HERE.. https://autojosh.com/custom-paper-verification/

3. Tinted Glass Permit:

This is issued to vehicles with Factory-fitted tinted Glass only. Any vehicle owner driving his/her vehicle with tinted glass without a permit risks payment of a fine. Therefore, all owners of vehicles with tinted glass should apply for the necessary permits from the Nigerian Police.

Log onto www.npf.gov.ng/tinted to apply for your tinted glass vehicle permit.

4. Licence Plate Verification:

Some Vehicle Owners have been stopped by the Federal road safety Corps (FRSC) and other law enforcement bodies regarding issues with their vehicle licence plates. Many of these drivers are unaware these licence plates are fake or registered to another vehicle, especially when they have followed the due process in obtaining theses licence plates.
Avoid harassment by the law enforcement agencies by verifying your licence plates.

Verify your plate number HERE.. https://autojosh.com/verify-vehicle-number-plates/

5. Report A Police Officer:

Every Nigerian car owner should know whom to complain to when law enforcement agents like the Police indiscriminately harass and intimidate them.

The contact for police complaint is:
Calls only: 0805700 0001 and 0805700 0002
SMS or Whatsapp: 0805700 0003
Facebook: www.facebook.com/npfcomplaint
Twitter: @PoliceNG_CRU
BBM Pin: 58A2B5DE

https://autojosh.com/5-important-information-every-car-owner-in-nigeria-must-know/

Credit http://www.naijalegaltalkng.com/article/land-and-properties-series/190-5-things-every-smart-nigerian-car-owner-should-know

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2017
Educative
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2017
Okay
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by WizAkzy: 2:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
Nice
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by AinaNamos: 7:49pm On Sep 28, 2017
Thanks OP really educative.
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 29, 2017
And the most important one. Police Bribery exclusion permit. ( The army sticker on your windshield )

2 Likes

Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by Finstar: 7:05am On Sep 29, 2017
That number 5 is bae.. I could remember when one stupid Police man wanted to extort money from me, despite having all the papers. He asked me to hand over my phone, although I knew he doesn't have the right but because I want to get over this as quick as possible, I gave it to him. He scrolled through my whatsapp and saw chats about dollars, I'm a blogger, that doesn't make me a yahoo boy... mmediately, he labeled me a yahoo yahoo and said I must follow him to the station. Well, i asked him,

"Are you sure you want to arrest me?"

He kind of started shouting.. I took my Nokia touch that was in my breast pocket, truth be told, I wasn't calling anyone but I made it seem as if I was talking with someone in authority lol. No be person tell the police man to release me asap..

Bunch of useless buffoons

8 Likes

Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by igbsam(m): 7:06am On Sep 29, 2017
Okay! Thanks for the info

Noted
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by dfrost: 7:06am On Sep 29, 2017
No. 5 like seriously? Have you done it before?

1 Like

Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by seognr: 7:07am On Sep 29, 2017
Hello You Explain Very nice thanks for it
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by fastguy10: 7:07am On Sep 29, 2017
I will complain to IG
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by kekakuz(m): 7:08am On Sep 29, 2017
i dont have any of these

ever drivers license I don't have

plus expired papers

yet i drive every day

2 Likes

Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by fraudbad: 7:12am On Sep 29, 2017
D;

I've heard multiple times "ONLY THE IGBOS ARE GOOD AT BUSINESS".
I also heard "THE IGBOS CONTROL THE ECONOMY OF THIS NATION".
To be sure, i checked the forbe list for top business men in Africa.
Instead of placing an igbo man on top of the list, i saw an hausa man(Dangote). I went a little further, hoping to see igbo names on the list. The result is "heartbreak". I saw six(6) Yoruba names following Dangote closely.
Isn't this injustice TOO?
Please, somebody should go and delete those names and put igbo names there.
We have been told that hausas are beggars and yorubas are lazy; so, delete their names and put igbo names there. Don't you know the Igbos are everything in this country?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by hucienda: 7:13am On Sep 29, 2017
Educative post.
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by Partnerbiz3: 7:39am On Sep 29, 2017
nawao
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by GideonIdaboh(f): 7:44am On Sep 29, 2017
Very useful tip. I remember when I was first learning to drive, after obtaining all my vehicle particulars and my learners permit. Once, FRSC Marshall's saw me and stopped me like I was one suicide bomber or like a dog that had been long starved of his bone. That's how they extorted N5k from me that I was supposed to drive with an instructor all the time. Chai, the tin pain me ehn. Na so I Vex comot my L dey drive my tin until I got a DL
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by DaV8King(m): 8:03am On Sep 29, 2017
Have all your documents and a well maintained vehicle and the uniformed ones will have no reason to near you
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by wildchild1: 8:12am On Sep 29, 2017
True Talk
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by donqx: 8:44am On Sep 29, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by SWORD419(m): 9:20am On Sep 29, 2017
join the millitary, all the above will be smoke

1 Like

Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by SWORD419(m): 9:22am On Sep 29, 2017
fraudbad:
D;

Instead of placing an igbo man on top of the list, i saw an hausa man(Dangote). I went a little further, hoping to see igbo names on the list. The result is "heartbreak". I saw six(6) Yoruba names following Dangote closely.
We have been told that hausas are beggars and yorubas are lazy; so, delete their names and put igbo names there. Don't you know the Igbos are everything in this country?
dey aint actually the best at business, all dey got is "i must be rich" mentality and dey are never satisfied, come to kano n see real business men

1 Like

Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2017
fraudbad:
D;

Try and check forbes list of DRUG BARONS, you might see an lgbo name there (shinobichestbeaters) angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by AkProsper(m): 11:54am On Sep 29, 2017
informative
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by babalonimi: 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
1. Insurance Policy Verification:

The benefits of having a vehicle insurance policy are enormous plus, it is a legal requirement for every vehicle owner. However, the vehicle insurance industry has been flooded with an alarming number of fake insurance policies, with many vehicle owners in the dark as to the genuity of their insurance covers.

To check if your insurance policy is genuine and to avoid being hounded by law enforcement officials, send an SMS in the following format to 33125: Policy Number*Vehicle Plate Number or log onto www.askniid.org click “Check Policy” and impute the Policy or Car Registration Number.

You can see more details HERE.. https://autojosh.com/fake-vehicle-insurance/

2. Valid Custom Clearance Papers:

All cars purchased from outside the shores of Nigeria are required to have passed through Custom Clearance at the point of entry and clearance papers issued as evidence of payment of the Excise Duty. Custom Officers have always been on rampage stopping vehicles and inspecting their clearance papers. Where these clearance papers are determined by Custom Officials to be fake, they seize and impound such vehicle.

Check if your custom paper is original HERE.. https://autojosh.com/custom-paper-verification/

3. Tinted Glass Permit:

This is issued to vehicles with Factory-fitted tinted Glass only. Any vehicle owner driving his/her vehicle with tinted glass without a permit risks payment of a fine. Therefore, all owners of vehicles with tinted glass should apply for the necessary permits from the Nigerian Police.

Log onto www.npf.gov.ng/tinted to apply for your tinted glass vehicle permit.

4. Licence Plate Verification:

Some Vehicle Owners have been stopped by the Federal road safety Corps (FRSC) and other law enforcement bodies regarding issues with their vehicle licence plates. Many of these drivers are unaware these licence plates are fake or registered to another vehicle, especially when they have followed the due process in obtaining theses licence plates.
Avoid harassment by the law enforcement agencies by verifying your licence plates.

Verify your plate number HERE.. https://autojosh.com/verify-vehicle-number-plates/

5. Report A Police Officer:

Every Nigerian car owner should know whom to complain to when law enforcement agents like the Police indiscriminately harass and intimidate them.

The contact for police complaint is:
Calls only: 0805700 0001 and 0805700 0002
SMS or Whatsapp: 0805700 0003
Facebook: www.facebook.com/npfcomplaint
Twitter: @PoliceNG_CRU
BBM Pin: 58A2B5DE

https://autojosh.com/5-important-information-every-car-owner-in-nigeria-must-know/

Credit http://www.naijalegaltalkng.com/article/land-and-properties-series/190-5-things-every-smart-nigerian-car-owner-should-know

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Educative
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by Deprofessional(m): 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Important Information Every Car Owner In Nigeria Must Know by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2017
Cc: Autojoshng, why is the site for confirming number plates not going through?

(1) (Reply)

Why It Is Not Safe To Drive With A Donut Spare Tyre That Comes With Most New Car / Tyres : 10 Facts You Should Know Today / Mercedes Benz Golden Age 1985 To 1999

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.