Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

. - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / . (16083 Views)

Foreign Trained Graduates Let's Talk ( Africa ) / Foreign Trained Graduates Meet Up-here Batch B 2016 / Foreign Trained Graduates Meet Up-here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Fireson: 10:21pm On Nov 12, 2016
Slickchick:
@kinskin here smiley

Slick been sleeping properly these days grin !
Re: . by Nobody: 4:59am On Nov 13, 2016
grin I tell you.
Fireson:

Slick been sleeping properly these days grin !
Re: . by tetengi4life(m): 8:33am On Nov 13, 2016
congratulations to the serving and prospective corps members. In case you wish to carry out a personal community development service for humanity, state award or presidential award sake, then you need to have some step-by-step tutorials on it which i am ready to oblige free of charge. I will not only coach you but i will share some materials (project application, project analysis, solicitation/fund raising letters etc) that you will just edit to your taste through this thread. FREE OF CHARGE
https://www.nairaland.com/3180268/nysc-personal-cds-procedures-made

I have received my state award hoping on the presidential award
Re: . by George22016(m): 10:03am On Nov 13, 2016
Fireson:

Congratulations! smiley
for?
Re: . by Adesuwag(m): 10:20am On Nov 13, 2016
COLLECTION/REPLACEMENT OF CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION
Below are the requirements for collection/replacement of certificate of exemption.

In accordance with the National Youth Service Corps Decree 1993 section 2 subsection (1) it is stipulated that;

"With effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall NOT be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification" :
He is over the age of thirty (30) years
He has served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or
He is a member of staff of any of the following:

The Nigerian Security Organization or
The State Security Service, or
The National Intelligence Agency or
The Defence Intelligence Service
He has been conferred with any National Honour.
These categories of persons are therefore exempted from service and issued with the Certificates of Exemption.
ELIGIBILITY
Nigerian Graduates either home or oversea trained who have the stipulated qualification of (B.SC, B.A or HND) from approved or accredited Institution by (NUC, NTBE or NCCE) are eligible for Exemption Certificate however while foreign trained graduates must submit their Certificates at the Mobilization Department for Evaluation.
PROCESS OF COLLECTION OF CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION
HOME TRAINED GRADUATES
The process begins from the Corps Producing Institutions.
The tertiary institutions attended. The School submits the master list of their graduates alongside with the Senate approved result to NYSC.
A print-out is processed by NYSC classifying those to be called up for service and those to be exempted. This print-out is sent back to the Institutions for verifications and corrections after which they are returned to NYSC as an agreed/corrected document.
With the print-out, the Certificates of Exemption are produced, documented and sent back to the Institutions for issuance to the appropriate persons.
Please note: Collection of Certificate of Exemption for home trained graduates is only done in the Institution of graduation and not in NYSC office.
FOREIGN TRAINED GRADUATES
The process begins with the evaluation of credentials and other related documents i.e. International passport.
After the evaluation of credentials the foreign trained graduate is then registered and this is physically done at the NYSC directorate headquarters, Abuja. It is at the point of registration that the classification of who to be called-up or who to be exempted; is determined.
Certificates of Exemption are therefore produced for those exempted from service.
Such Certificates of Exemption for foreign graduates are to be collected at the NYSC directorate headquarters at the stipulated time communicated.
Please note:

Collection of Certificate of Exemption is grouped under the three batches of the service year, depending on the date of registration. This equally would be communicated to exempted graduates at the point of registration.
Collection of Certificate of Exemption is strictly with identification such as International passport and the bearer MUST BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT.
CORRECTIONS/COMPLAINTS
Issues of complaints and corrections for home trained graduates are to be routed through the Institutions of graduation. The school then forwards such cases with necessary attachments such as photocopy of print-out to NYSC for the purpose of rectification or further necessary action.

Foreign trained graduates are to submit handwritten application with the attachment of photocopy of International passport –data page and original Certificate of Exemption to be addressed to the Director-General, NYSC NDHQ, Abuja, indicating their address and telephone number.
REPLACEMENT
In the case of loss of Certificate of Exemption, the following steps are to be taken.
Home Trained
A letter of notification/request routed through the Institution of graduation and addressed to the Director-General, NYSC.
Police Extract/Report
Court Affidavit
Where available, a copy of the lost Certificate of Exemption
Foreign Trained
A letter of notification/request addressed to the Director-General, NYSC.
Police Extract/Report
Court Affidavit
Photocopy of International passport
Where available, the copy of the lost Certificate of Exemption

It is the policy of the Scheme not to reprint lost or burnt Certificates. Letters of Confirmation are issued instead.

1 Like

Re: . by Adesuwag(m): 10:28am On Nov 13, 2016
Re: . by Adesuwag(m): 10:42am On Nov 13, 2016
ISSUANCE OF TEMPORARY LETTER OF EXCLUSION
Below are the requirements for issuance of letter of exclusion
Graduates of various Institutions who have completed their part-time programme and have obtained their Degrees/HND/Certificates or Professional qualification as regulated by NUC/NBTE or evaluated by the Federal Ministry Education with effect from 2001 to date are eligible to be issued Letters of Exclusion.
Application for the issuance of Letters of Exclusion should apply to the office of the Director-General and attach the photocopies of the following:
Degree/HND/Professional Certificate or Statement of Result
Means of Identification e.g. I.D cards- Driver’s license, International passport
One passport photograph
Physically present himself at the National Directorate Headquarters with the following documents;
Original Certificate and or Original Statement of Result
Identity Card, Driver’s License or International Passport
One passport photograph.
Applicants to report to the Exclusion Division of the Corps Certification Department, 48 hours after submission of application for necessary attention.
REPLACEMENT OF LOST LETTER OF EXCLUSION
Presentation of Letter of application for replacement attached with the following documents.
Police extract
Court Affidavit
Photocopy of lost original letter of exclusion.
Where the above (4) is not available, the applicant must furnish the department with the date of issuance and certificate number.
Original copy of his/her Institutions Certificate of graduation.
Identity card or driver’s license or International passport.

Note: NYSC Original Letter of Exclusion is not replaceable hence client will only be issued with letter of attestation/confirmation.
Re: . by ebukaka12(m): 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2016
George22016:

how long did that take
Took like 3weeks....
Re: . by Adesuwag(m): 12:48pm On Nov 13, 2016
Attention!!!
The closing date for the 2016 Batch 'B' Online Registration has been extended to 15th November, 2016.
Re: . by Fireson: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
Happy Sunday , my good and fellow intellects smiley I believe we have all been verified. #Cheers cool
Re: . by ginia1(f): 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2016
Finally the trend is here..please help,am a graduate from a university in Philippines and my school is not included in the nysc portal..please what do I do?

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hi, I'm a graduate of Adamson in Philippines too. What school did you graduate from so I can ask my friends what can be done.
ginia1:
Finally the trend is here..please help,am a graduate from a university in Philippines and my school is not included in the nysc portal..please what do I do?

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
Fireson:
Happy Sunday , my good and fellow intellects smiley I believe we have all been verified. #Cheers cool
Re: . by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
Happy sunday, 8 days to go grin
ginia1:

1 Like

Re: . by Fireson: 9:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
ginia1:

It's easy, you still have to register and visit the nearest NYSC secretariat around you. But you should have acted long time ago! You would sure need an evaluation letter from federal ministry of Education though. undecided #Cheers

1 Like

Re: . by Fireson: 9:07pm On Nov 13, 2016
Slickchick:
Happy sunday, 8 days to go grin

See you ooooo grin cheesy
Re: . by ginia1(f): 1:38am On Nov 14, 2016
Slickchick:
Hi, I'm a graduate of Adamson in Philippines too. What school did you graduate from so I can ask my friends what can be done.
I finished from st Dominic savio caloocan.thanks I will be waiting for your reply.
Re: . by ginia1(f): 1:40am On Nov 14, 2016
Fireson:

It's easy, you still have to register and visit the nearest NYSC secretariat around you. But you should have acted long time ago! You would sure need an evaluation letter from federal ministry of Education though. undecided #Cheers

Thanks

1 Like

Re: . by Fireson: 8:28am On Nov 14, 2016
ginia1:

Thanks

You welcome.
Re: . by Sekcibeast1990(m): 8:34am On Nov 14, 2016
I heard there will no more be stream 1 and stream 2. Dat evryone will get there letter on 21 only. I pray it workd like datboo cos I canr wait till next year ooo
Re: . by Fireson: 8:39am On Nov 14, 2016
Sekcibeast1990:
I heard there will no more be stream 1 and stream 2. Dat evryone will get there letter on 21 only. I pray it workd like datboo cos I canr wait till next year ooo

We all knew from Genesis that there was no stream ii. Only stream i smiley
Re: . by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 14, 2016
Ok, it's the same with what @fireson said. You have to get an evaluation letter from the ministry of education( takes some weeks) & you have to go to nysc office to find out how to register since your school is not on the portal. In summary, get ready to go to Abuja with all your documents to sort things out.
ginia1:
I finished from st Dominic savio caloocan.thanks I will be waiting for your reply.

2 Likes

Re: . by Fireson: 11:44am On Nov 14, 2016
Slickchick:
Ok, it's the same with what @fireson said. You have to get an evaluation letter from the ministry of education( takes some weeks) & you have to go to nysc office to find out how to register since your school is not on the portal. In summary, get ready to go to Abuja with all your documents to sort things out.

#Nailed
Re: . by Fireson: 11:48am On Nov 14, 2016
Hello my fellow PCM's cool .....

What are your choice states? I initially wanted Abuja but later changed my mind and working Lagos now. Though I didn't select that when registering.

So, what are your choice states? smiley

#Obrigado
Re: . by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2016
Fireson:
Hello my fellow PCM's cool .....

What are your choice states? I initially wanted Abuja but later changed my mind and working Lagos now. Though I didn't select that when registering.

So, what are your choice states? smiley

#Obrigado

1 Like

Re: . by tetengi4life(m): 8:32am On Nov 15, 2016
Congratulations to the prospective and serving corps members. For those that wish to engage in personal community development service for humanity, state award or presidential award sake should go through this thread, where I coach people online, I shall materials (project application, solicitation letters, project analysis and experiences etc) FREE OF CHARGE

https://www.nairaland.com/3180268/nysc-personal-cds-procedures-made

I have also won the state award, hoping for the presidential award
Re: . by Fireson: 10:05am On Nov 15, 2016
Registration ends today! smiley
Re: . by Fatherherokay(m): 10:20am On Nov 15, 2016
WHY ALL YOUTH CORP MEMBERS (POTENTIAL AND CURRENT) MUST HAVE THIS APP ON THEIR MOBILE PHONE?

For safety during service, to mitigate language barriers, for easy adaptation in your state of deployment, among others.
I am writing this article because of the challenges (mostly language barrier and discrepancy in culture and cultural beliefs) I had in the first few months of my NYSC service year in a strange state I had no relatives or family.

The efficacy of this mobile app, iceNaija, cannot be over exhausted. In fact, this app will be a buddy and a great companion for you. It will help you solve many challenges you may likely face in your state of deployment (irrespective of it being a rural or urban placement), especially a state you have no relatives or understand their language. It will always be a companion for you before, during and after your service year.

LANGUAGE HELP TAB:
This tab teaches you how to learn and converse with people in either YORUBA, IGBO or HAUSA using SENTENCE TEXTS with AUDIO PLAYER TRAINING for each sentences/words. Some of the categories of conversations (based on the event/circumstances you find yourself) are transport conversations (what you can say or reply when you want to enter a cab and communicate with the driver), life threat conversation (how you can understand when people are planning or saying something evil about you), market conversation (what you can say when you want to buy things in the market), romantic conversation (what you can say to a girl or a guy you would like to have a romantic moment with), counting money (how to count money in native language), foodstuff conversations (like rice, beans, Garri, locust beans, etc.), health/ sickness conversation, etc.

INSTITUTION LIVE CHAT:
made easy by “signing in” using your Facebook or google account, you can have an instant/live chat with all members (students) across all the institutions in Nigeria. Not only do you have the chance to connect and engage with members of your own institution, you can also connect with the members of other institution by choosing to turn on notification for your own institutions and others of your interest.

INTERNET RADIO:
you will have access to a 24-hours active internet radio (ICE RADIO NIGERIA) that informs you with the ongoing and latest events in Nigeria. It informs and engages you with interesting entrepreneurship, startup and other empowerment programmes. Romantic and other youth oriented programmes are not excluded. You will have access to listen to unceasing Nigeria-based music, and also an avenue for upcoming artiste to air their songs to all Nigerians.

CHAT FORUM: this is a broad platform of ICENAIJA APP that gives users the chance to inform, connect, engage, interact or chat with other users (ICE BUDDIES). Also an avenue to learn, to seek information, to share opinion, to report your community, among others. You can have a direct and a one-on-one quick/private chat with our ICE EXPERTS like LOVE DOCTOR, PSYCHOLOGIST, ACADEMICS CONSULTANT, BUSINESS CONSULTANT, LEGAL EXPERT, MEDICAL EXPERTS AND DENTAL EXPERTS. You can, bring your mathematics questions to be solved, you can learn how to solve aptitude test questions, know more about life mysterious facts, among others.

JOB VACANCIES TAB: gives you access to at least 50 most current job vacancy news every day. The advantage of ICENAIJA over others is that it gives you the most recent job vacancies available in Nigeria (as it is being posted by the companies, institutions or employees).

NEWS TAB: ICENAIJA informs you on the latest and genuine news in Nigeria and Abroad. The news on ICENAIJA platform are always the latest.
DECIDE TAB: this is through the use of a simple-to-use poll system. You will have the privilege to vote for or vote against any public opinion pertaining to any current or trending event in your community and Nigeria at large.

(download on google playstore “icenaija”) or you follow the link
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.waleibrahim.icenaija
Re: . by Mandyfrizz1(f): 7:16am On Nov 16, 2016
Fireson:

My dear, don't waste your time replying an educated illiterate. Unemployable graduate! Cotonou graduate! angry angry grin. Only God ows how he even graduated. Obviously a 3rd class as you can see the poor scumbag could hardly express himself.
. stop being light headed
Re: . by Fireson: 8:49am On Nov 16, 2016
Mandyfrizz1:
. stop being light headed

Don't worry dear, someday senses would come back to you....
Re: . by ginia1(f): 9:41am On Nov 16, 2016
Slickchick:
Thanks slick...lol,all za best.
Re: . by Fireson: 9:51am On Nov 16, 2016
ginia1:

Thanks slick...lol,all za best.

Did you succeed in registering?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

62 Fake Corpers Arrested In Nasarawa State / NYSC: Increase In Allowance Depends On New Minimum Wage – DG, Kazaure / 40 Outgoing Corps Members Face Sanction In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.