Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore (18800 Views)

My Wife Says She Is Not Sexually Attracted To Me / My Wife Is Not Interested In Sex Anymore / "My Husband Can’t Go 3 Rounds Anymore" - Nigerian Lady Complains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 21, 2016
doveda:
Mimzyy, I may be willing to let go if you apologised to Lanicky. smiley

someone asked me to let go. And I am primarily because I will be busy as a bee. But you have to apologise to that babe. You are no miss goody two shoes. For N50, 000, you sold your integrity and acted like a hypocrite. You better apologize masmiley
you need to get a life. and maybe I might have mercy to oblige you with the operating manual.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 08, 2016
kunleajaye:
Next week will be the fifth year anniversary of the day my wife and I tied the knot. It hasn’t really been smooth sailing and many people feel marriage is all about a fairy tale, a handsome hunk sweeping the fair damsel off her feet and riding off into the sunset to live “happily ever after”. From my experience, marriage is anything but.

A year after our wedding, my wife lost her mother on that ill-fated Dana plane crash. She was barely into her first month of pregnancy and she almost lost the baby. God knows how much we all tried to hold things together for her and her younger ones as she automatically became the mother figure to her younger ones. A few months later, into her 8th month of pregnancy, we both left the shores of Nigeria to the US as I had accepted an admission for graduate studies.

Fast forward to today, we have three lovely kids, a girl (the first) and two twin boys. Unfortunately for me though, I seem to have lost some of the affection I had in the past for my wife. In clearer terms, I fear I don’t find my wife attractive anymore.

As I mentioned earlier, things aren’t as smooth as one would expect. We all know, especially those who live here in the States, that working as an International student is hard. You can hardly find companies that want to hire foreigners, especially in the IT field I’m in. I sometimes wonder how I would pay for rent, utilities, daycare, and even food at the beginning of each month. Rent alone takes away all my meager salary. My wife first of all started out by purchasing and sending baby clothes and other stuff home to Nigeria, but with the “receive today, pay tomorrow” attitude of people at home, coupled with the whole decline of the naira, the business has literally been ruined with so many bills to pay. Luckily she also started school on a tuition-only scholarship, so we have to take the kids to the day-care almost everyday, which is an additional strain to the meager pay I receive.

I don’t want to assume it is my feelings for her reducing, but these days I almost always catch myself staring at her in forlorn. I don’t see the beautiful girl I married during the first few years of my marriage. I want to assume it is the stress of all this, coupled with my school work, but these days any little thing she does annoys me. She doesn’t help matters either and sometimes we shout at each other or argue over the most trivial of things. For the past couple of months we’ve not slept in the same room. She prefers to sleep with our daughter while I sleep with the boys in the other room. Anytime I want us to be together, she’ll complain that the kids are too young to sleep alone. I accepted that argument when we first had the boys but they are almost three now. I sometimes have to carry them to their room so that she will “agree” to stay with me, and that is sometimes with great reluctance.

Don’t get me wrong, I still love my wife. I just fear I don’t find her attractive anymore. The other night she told me our sex life has really dwindled and I out rightly told her it was her fault. She said she knows and she’ll try being better but till date I’ve not seen any improvement. She’ll complain of being tired or a headache anytime I want to initiate anything, only to plead with me the following morning. There was a day she just lay there like a log of wood, indirectly telling me to do what I want to do and be done with it. I got so angry that I didn’t know when I started yelling on her. She didn’t even respond and turned to face the wall. I left her alone in bed and slept on the couch that night.

I want to believe it’s the stress of work, school, and the many thoughts going through our minds that is causing all this, but I don’t want to wake up one day and realize I don’t love my wife anymore. I don't want a situation where all this will split our family apart and suffer the little ones. cry

Thank God for your marriage ,let me advice you on the things I feel it will help u because I am marriage for 9yrs now I have pass through thesame situations:

1 pls make sure you pray before leaving in the morning and last thing at night with the children.

2 take the family out once in a while like park and watch the kids play while u and ur wife chats together.

3 help her in the kitchen.
4 read the bible to ur kids while ur wife watch at ur spare time and concentrate on the children more so that the sextual energy in converted to fun for the kids.

The reverse of ur situation wl be the case she wl be the one wanting u
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by NaeChris: 7:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
Guess the marriage is losing some romantic spark, thanks to money hunting and career upgrading. No time to go 'flexing' anymore; a mini honey moon this time with the kids to ease off stress and tension probably at the beach or something. All these are result of mental stress nothing more. Find time to play together, not necessarily in the innner room atleast for now. That could bring back the romantic spark. Goodluck.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Chukwudickson: 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
My brother calm down, put everything in prayers. I can assure you that your wife will change if not because of your lovely kids and don't cheat on her.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by LoveDecay(m): 2:24am On Dec 12, 2016
Your wife can't be like this

because if she is grin
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 3:58am On Dec 12, 2016
The op is a liar. In 2013 he dumped his fiancee. https://www.nairaland.com/1230609/should-take-back
Now he is saying he has been married for 5 years.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 12, 2016
LoveDecay:
Your wife can't be like this

because if she is grin

even this can be boring....
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 01, 2017
How far?

Have you gotten a job yet?

BloodOnMyHands:
Doveda, daretodiffer, akike, dare2differ,Morundutu, Audrey, et al, is my wife, albeit a stubborn one.

I seek to bend her. Cock ready to bend that hairy pussy.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by BloodOnMyHands: 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2017
daretodiffer:
How far?

Have you gotten a job yet?

Have you set your titling life straight, sweetheart?

Heard the wrinkles on your face is cracking deeper due to your inability to find a potential life partner.
Re: I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore by BloodOnMyHands: 2:56pm On Feb 02, 2017
doveda:
Mimzyy, I may be willing to let go if you apologised to Lanicky. smiley

someone asked me to let go. And I am primarily because I will be busy as a bee. But you have to apologise to that babe. You are no miss goody two shoes. For N50, 000, you sold your integrity and acted like a hypocrite. You better apologize masmiley

Hey , bully, what's up? I heard you were kicked out of team lanicky because you were so unladylike and utterly uncouth?

Why are you trying to get that lady to notice you by fire by force?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Not To Compare Your Kids With Others / Help!i Am Madly In Love With My Wife Best Friend / Must A Girl Marry????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.