Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,886 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? (695 Views)

"Only In Yemen" Charging A Car Battery With Ak 47(pic) / Texas Shooting: Moment Gunman Patrick Crusius Enters Walmart With Ak-47(Pics) / Russia Unveils A Statue In Honour Of Kalashnikov, AK-47 Inventor (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by ItuExchange(m): 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
If the AK-47 is supposedly the best firearm, why doesn't the US military use it?

The AK-47 is cheap, very reliable, and simple to train and maintain. It has been said the first child's weapon should be a AK-47, because almost impossible make it not work.

It is very effective in combat, but not the best in every way. Most weapons from the M-16 forward are lighter that. The AK-47 is good at short range, but not longer ranges, as it is not accurate at longer ranges compared to other weapons.

With a M-16, with the same weight, a soldier could carry about twice as many rounds as a soldier with a AK.

One big problem with the entire AK series is it is impossible to make a internal silenced version of them. This is how you do it.

Add a foot or more to the end of it.

Silencers are useful in mainly twice situations, long ranges, or urban close combat, like inside a building. The AK is already bad at long range, and a extra foot isn't what you want on your weapon inside a building during combat.

Source: https://www.quora.com/If-the-AK-47-is-supposedly-the-best-firearm-why-doesnt-the-US-military-use-it

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by sammuell(m): 8:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
So u dy deal on am
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2016
There is nothing like best firearm
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by welzyj2(m): 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
space booked
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by egesie(m): 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
DEATHMACHINE:
There is nothing like best firearm
Sir, are you coursemate to CE Aniele or SA Biu?
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
egesie:

Sir, are you coursemate to CE Aniele or SA Biu?
i know them well is all i can say bro , wink
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by egesie(m): 5:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
DEATHMACHINE:
i know them well is all i can say bro , wink
Sir, you're calling me bro,...Sir, me I cannot see u, who am I to see a senior officer
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 21, 2016
egesie:

Sir, you're calling me bro,...Sir, me I cannot see u, who am I to see a senior officer
grin grin grin grin na nairaland we dey joor.....title no dey go heaven
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by egesie(m): 11:18am On Oct 21, 2016
DEATHMACHINE:
grin grin grin grin na nairaland we dey joor.....title no dey go heaven
While Sir, you've always been a role model to me even before I got into NDA, I pray God keeps taking you higher n higher Sir
Re: Is The AK-47 The Best Firearm? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
egesie:

While Sir, you've always been a role model to me even before I got into NDA, I pray God keeps taking you higher n higher Sir
Amen thank you and God bless you too, stay positive and always trust in God.

(1) (Reply)

From ‘mad Dog’ To ‘model’ And Back: How West Changed Its Mind On Libya’s Gaddafi / Saudi Price Executed For Murder Of A Saudi Citizen / US Election 2016: The Simpsons Vs TB Joshua's Prediction.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.