Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

My Wife Belongs In The Kitchen, Sitting Room & The Other Room #IStandWithBuhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Wife Belongs In The Kitchen, Sitting Room & The Other Room #IStandWithBuhari (946 Views)

Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics / Seun Kuti Mocks Magun, EFCC Boss, As He's Pictured With IstandWithBuhari Members / #IstandWithBuhari: Kayode Ogundamis Exposes Chinedu Okpalanma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Belongs In The Kitchen, Sitting Room & The Other Room #IStandWithBuhari by samuelson06(m): 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2016

I don't usually respond to issues like this. I'm only doing this to help you have a better understanding of marriage. It's easy to criticize President Buhari on this issue but wisdom should tell you that he was right. Now, I'm not writing this to only defend the President but to state the obvious fact we all must know. We must choose to understand how marriage works. A man needs wisdom to keep his home else he loses control. In Nigeria and like the tradition of most places in the world, it's the man that goes to pay dowries for the woman he wants to marry. He does that and takes the woman home. By that action, the wife automatically falls under the man's authority who paid dowries to her parents. That's on one part. We can also look at it from the account of creation as recorded in Genesis. Briefly, God created everything and Adam and see that everything was good. For God to say everything was good means it was really good even without the woman. Adam was alone in the Garden of Eden and God see that it was not good for the man to be alone; He created Eve to be a companion and help meet for the man. Adam was alone but not lonely – those are two different words. God created Eve from Adam. First, it was only Adam then came Eve through him – that automatically places the woman under the man. That’s not all; the Bible describes the woman as a weaker vessel. That again places the man above the woman.

Why any sane woman should wants to exert strength at the same level with a man? Why any sane woman should not be submissive to the husband and stay where the husband wants her to be? In marriage, one man can decide to define boundaries for the wife while the other man can decide not to and let the woman have unlimited boundaries even to the point of controlling the man – it’s his decision; whether he knows or understands what he is doing, it’s his decision. Every married woman knows the level of authority the husband has over the family and also know her boundaries. It shouldn’t be because majority of people think same way then they are right. No! The man holds the right or authority to define what wavelength those under his roof must operate within. You go beyond that, you get into trouble. You go beyond that, you become rebellious. You stay there, you stay in peace. You stay there, you stay in happiness. If a man decides to give his wife unlimited boundaries, that’s his business; such decision is subjective and shouldn’t be generalized. Knowingly and unknowingly, the man defines the boundaries his wife operates.

The wife is supposed to present her concerns to the husband as a suggestion or an option and not compel him to her biddings. Depending on what the wife needs to do, she needs to seek permission from the husband and not act the way she wishes. If your husband becomes hurt by your actions, you bear the pain as a stupid wife. A married woman is different from any other woman. Accepting marriage is accepting to come under a higher authority else stay alone and do as you wish. Even at that, when trying to act at the same level with a man, be ready for whatever befalls you since you feel you can equal yourself with the man. You shine as a woman in marriage when you obey and respect your husband. Be a companion to your husband and not an enemy.

To President Buhari and his wife, Mrs. Aisha Buhari

It doesn’t matter who the President stands before to say his wife belongs in his kitchen, sitting room and the bedroom. It’s his wife; he married her and keeps her under his roof. She accepted to fall under Buhari’s authority. The man is free to say join me in politics or stay off politics. He defines the boundaries for her. Mrs. Aisha would have seek permission from the husband before granting BBC that interview and she should have known her boundaries because just like the President has said, I’m very sure he must have told her in private that you are not a politician but my wife so stay off matters of politics. She should have suggested whatever her concerns are to the husband privately and let the man decide whether to heed or not. Well, we learn everyday but Mrs. Aisha Buhari should understand that for peace to reign in her home largely depends on her and if that doesn’t happen she’ll suffer it the most.

For this matter, #IStandWithBuhari wink

[size=2pt]cc: seun and lalasticlala [/size]
Re: My Wife Belongs In The Kitchen, Sitting Room & The Other Room #IStandWithBuhari by edebemba(m): 9:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
#lstandwithAisha

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Belongs In The Kitchen, Sitting Room & The Other Room #IStandWithBuhari by ring7(m): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
#istandwithclinton

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Belongs In The Kitchen, Sitting Room & The Other Room #IStandWithBuhari by HIScraziness(m): 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2016

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Belongs In The Kitchen, Sitting Room & The Other Room #IStandWithBuhari by Collenshy2020(m): 9:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
At O.P, your opinion doesn't really matter at the moment, Aisha said the truth, do you know what might have being going on internally, before her recent blare.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Belongs In The Kitchen, Sitting Room & The Other Room #IStandWithBuhari by samuelson06(m): 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2016
HIScraziness:
When your mates are out there tryna survive in this harsh economy you are here standing with an old ass nigga who doesn't and would never know of your existence!!

The money used for your education which your parents thought will by mere chance make you a better person should have been used to buy some sand to level up your compound if at all your family own one.... Glorified failure!!

Hahaha grin You wailer. E pain you there grin Sure, you don't know me. If you do, you'll know I live above the economy of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Belongs In The Kitchen, Sitting Room & The Other Room #IStandWithBuhari by HIScraziness(m): 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
samuelson06:

Hahaha grin You wailer. E pain you there grin Sure, you don't know me. If you do, you'll know I live above the economy of Nigeria.

You went further to prove me right redundant fool!!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Belongs In The Kitchen, Sitting Room & The Other Room #IStandWithBuhari by samuelson06(m): 9:50pm On Oct 18, 2016
HIScraziness:

You went further to prove me right redundant fool!!

I'm sorry I should've checked your username before responding to your first comment. So sad about your situation cry
Re: My Wife Belongs In The Kitchen, Sitting Room & The Other Room #IStandWithBuhari by Ahmadgani(m): 10:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
as Africans with core African values, our wives belong to our kitchens but if we are trying to buy the idea of gender equality and women rights etc, then our wives belong to state houses, hotel rooms, restaurant etc
Re: My Wife Belongs In The Kitchen, Sitting Room & The Other Room #IStandWithBuhari by chat2deen(m): 12:05am On Oct 19, 2016
THE OTHER ROOM

The other room
Where a woman pretends
To be weak
So that a man
Can believe he is strong
Where a woman pretends
To be foolish
So that a man
Can say he is wise
Where a woman stoops
So that a man can conquer.

The other room
Where gods of men
Become worshippers of women
Where leaders of thought
Become minions
Of the bleeders of blood
Where wielders of power
Succumb to power.

The other room
Where the brashness of testosterone
Yields to the bra straps of estrogen
Where the bravado of masculinity
Is tamed by the wiles of femininity
Where the turgid
Becomes the flaccid

Three rooms
In a house
One in which a man
Believes he is king
Two in which
He realises
A woman is god!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Belongs In The Kitchen, Sitting Room & The Other Room #IStandWithBuhari by justmenoni: 2:30am On Oct 19, 2016
Op, get a maid and live in prostitute

(1) (Reply)

Protesters Storm Supreme Court Asking Arrested Judges To Leave (photos) / Igbo Senators Gave Buhari List Of Conditions To Support 29bn Loan (photo) / Thought We’ve Defeated Boko Haram, Nigerians React To Purchase Of 12 Warplanes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.