Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Thought We’ve Defeated Boko Haram, Nigerians React To Purchase Of 12 Warplanes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thought We’ve Defeated Boko Haram, Nigerians React To Purchase Of 12 Warplanes (947 Views)

"Igbo Man Defeated Boko Haram For Us" - Shettima / A Soldier Killed While Fighting Boko Haram. Nigerians React (Photos) / Block Sale Of Warplanes To Nigeria - New York Times Tells Obama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thought We’ve Defeated Boko Haram, Nigerians React To Purchase Of 12 Warplanes by aboy247: 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2016

A former State Department top expert on Nigeria’s security Matthew Page had in a piece asked the government of the United States of America to reconsider its plan to sell 12 warplanes to Nigeria.

A proposal for the sale of the warplanes – A-29 Super Tucano light attack aircraft – is expected to be tabled before the US congress.
Page’s article on War on the rocks said both countries expect the planes to strengthen Nigeria’s effort in her fight against insurgency raving the country since 2009.
[img]https://i.onthe.io/vllkyt4dqfir0s5ta.86dfea60.jpg[/img]

However, page added that US policy makers want the sale to represent their collaboration in assisting Nigerian in its counter-terrorism fight.

But Page, believes the act will only undermine US corruption policy, overlooks recent human rights abuses perpetrated in Nigeria, it would not help in the fight against the dreaded terrorist sect – Boko Haram, It would not foster a closer defence relationship and above all, it is way too expensive for Nigeria to afford it.

As a buffer to the points raise, Page, also gave reasons why he thinks the idea should not be pushed further by the US government and its policy makers.

However, some Nigerians who reacted to Page’s reasoning said its still unbelievable that Nigeria cannot produce equipment it needs for its operations.

Others said such expenditure is uncalled for since many Nigerians are dying of hunger and children of malnutrition.

Source: http://nigerianewsnow.com.ng/2016/11/12/thought-weve-defeated-boko-haram-nigerians-react-to-purchase-of-12-warplanes/
Re: Thought We’ve Defeated Boko Haram, Nigerians React To Purchase Of 12 Warplanes by UrennaNkoli(f): 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2016
Defeated wetin? The Nigerian military and lies are like 5 & 6
Re: Thought We’ve Defeated Boko Haram, Nigerians React To Purchase Of 12 Warplanes by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Defeated wetin? The Nigerian military and lies are like 5 & 6
So as the IPOB and lies are like 5 and 5..

Igbos lying publishing in a news paper that Donald Trump has vowed to give them their Biafra...

Igbos will come here to say the weapons are to kill Biafrans...

Re: Thought We’ve Defeated Boko Haram, Nigerians React To Purchase Of 12 Warplanes by dunkem21(m): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2016
cheesy
Re: Thought We’ve Defeated Boko Haram, Nigerians React To Purchase Of 12 Warplanes by EHMIR(m): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2016
No amount of dead boko harams can equal col:Ali

RIP soldier,ure a hero.

After the death of col. Ali,i automatically gave up on nigerian govt,my best wishes are still with the Army.

Wailers abeg form dey in pdf,i want to wail till further notice
Re: Thought We’ve Defeated Boko Haram, Nigerians React To Purchase Of 12 Warplanes by dunkem21(m): 2:37pm On Nov 12, 2016
EHMIR:
No amount of dead boko harams can equal col:Ali

RIP soldier,ure a hero.

After the death of col. Ali,i automatically gave up on nigerian govt,my best wishes are still with the Army.

Wailers abeg form dey in pdf,i want to wail till further notice

Sorry sir.. We have closed for the year.

Trump is processing 500 green cards for wail(NL)ers.
Re: Thought We’ve Defeated Boko Haram, Nigerians React To Purchase Of 12 Warplanes by Paperwhite(m): 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2016
Propaganda & overt lies are the trademark of this Buhari's government.
Re: Thought We’ve Defeated Boko Haram, Nigerians React To Purchase Of 12 Warplanes by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2016
12war planes?? Are you serious
Re: Thought We’ve Defeated Boko Haram, Nigerians React To Purchase Of 12 Warplanes by HtwoOw: 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2016
Oga gaan sha BiafraudExposed killing IPOB liars , drug mules and armed robbers and wailers with passion

US will sell those warplanes and more weapons to Nigeria, they stopped initially because even the blindest of all US Policy makers knows Jonathan and Dasuki were stealing money under the guise of weapons purchase

(1) (Reply)

Senate Summons Adenuga Over Alleged Maltreatment Of Staff / 5 Challenges A Young Nigerian Will Overcome To Join Politics / Uk Based Medical Doctor, Obinna Aligwekwe, Attacks Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.