Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,795 members, 7,862,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:28 PM

President Buhari Two Women And The Need For Diplomacy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Two Women And The Need For Diplomacy (500 Views)

Dino Melaye Graduates With Masters In International Relations Diplomacy From ABU / Buhari’s Two Years Achievements Has Surpassed 16 Years Of PDP Rule – Shittu / Bukar Ibrahim Reacts To His Leaked Video With Two Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Two Women And The Need For Diplomacy by morganstones(m): 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
Wisdom they say is the application of intelligence. Hence, I say Nigerians must be wise enough not to bombard the president with outlandish grammars to express our frustration over the slow pace of the economy. The moment a child can distinguish between left and right our elders believe you're at liberty to father more. Irrespective of your finances, as the head of the child will provide what he would eat(well some might opine that's the beginning of poverty). Few days back while minding my business calmly i was rudely brought out of my reverie by some alarmists who insisted the media space was on fire. Upon checking I was surprised to see the latest trending news on the Nigerian twitter feed was #TheOtherRoom. Still confused about the emergence of this new national chorus in the mouths of both young and old. Luckily enough I stumbled upon the alleged incriminating video showing a no nonsense leader of a beloved nation saying albeit in response to the wife's damning interview over the president alleged loss of touch with political reality(ies) and her own likely refusal to vote him in for a second term in office(Maybe that's a silent revolt for the abolishment of the luxurious albeit unconstitutional office of the first lady). Although various analysts has made known their opinions on this subject matter. While in some quarters opinion ranges from the facts that Mr president's views on this controversial matter is in tandem with his conservative nature first as an ex military personnel before other obvious reasons. Also, others in both wailing and change supporter fans club will insist he was referring to his wife in specific terms. Due largely to the awkward appearance of this argument one might be forced to swallow this bitter pills indecisively .
The shocker that turned my heart was the fact that the controversial #TheOtherRoom statement was made in the presence of another woman. For the benefit of nay sayers, who feed on information crumbs from newspaper stand. This other woman is the leader of one of the most prosperous nation in the world(Germany),not just that but also a professor of quantum physics. To better grasp the import of this situation without sounding overly feministic. I sampled the opinions of ladies across board about there reaction if their spouse had made unflattering statement about them in the company of another woman. Trust Nigerian ladies, the commonest opinion shared by my respondents was an affirmation about a likely awkward feelings might be going on between their husbands and the other new woman which might be quite discreet to open eyes. Whether such views holds water or not is subject for another day. Sincerely,what if we assume those opinions are genuine,perhaps these women were correct afterwards. Apparently by a means of running off course. That would have altered the sequence of history (Well before you turn on critic button President Buhari has the liberty to consider the choice of another woman as permissible by his culture) cause aside from the marriage of lady Graca Machel to two remarkable presidents of diverse countries(late President Samora Machel of Mozambique and President Nelson Mandela of South Africa following the death of the former). Although we haven't seen the marriage of two sitting Presidents, definitely this would have created a naming right challenge whether to call a sitting president 'Madam first lady' by the virtue of marriage to another president(Similar thought might be running through the mind of President Clinton in the weeks ahead).Well far from that possibility within President Buhari v Chancellor Merkel context. Critically analysing this happenings one might safely assume that the President's statement is most likely a new pathway for diplomacy. Were statements are made to douse tension at home within an awkward press conference abroad. Atleast holistically whilst the president was able to garner 18 milon euros in technical aid from Germany. He has also succeeded in sending subtle messages back home to the wife to be mindful about her choice in meddling into the murky waters of Nigerian politics.
Although, this controversy about #TheOtherRoom, has reinforced within saner Nigerians that Mr president isn't clueless like the doubting thomases want us to believe. After all he can comfortably identify two rooms and there usability out of three. Isn't that superb judging were we are coming from regarding lost but found 'certificate'. Its therefore imperative for Mr president to bring to bear his expertise in rooms identification towards solving biting recession, unemployment and Insecurity(ies)amongst other monster of underdevelopment bedeviling our beloved country.

Awesu Jomo is a Freelance writer @Infotrustng.com ,Poet,Feminist,Public Speaker and Lover of Books

Re: President Buhari Two Women And The Need For Diplomacy by FakoMaybach1: 11:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
please rearrange this write up...put paragraphs, hyphens, inverted comma where needed

and most importantly highlight the important points ...no one go read am all lumped up like this

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Cabinet Unsettles As New Wave Of Corruption Sets In Within Aso Rock / Ordinary Nigerians Political Movement / Nigerians React:alleged Sexual Abuse Of Idps By Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.