Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:22 AM

Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher (11798 Views)

Madam Koi Koi: The MOST FEARED Woman In Boarding Schools / Madame Koi Koi (episode 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by Pinkieblue(f): 6:49am On Oct 19, 2016
The story of Madam Koi Koi has survived the times and still haunts many secondary school students in their nightmares.

In Nigeria, there are several popular myths that have endured for many decades

Myths such as Queen of the Coast and Bush Babies are some of the most popular myths in Nigeria. They are legends told from generation to generation.

One of such legends or myths is the legend of Madam Koi Koi. No one knows exactly when the story started but the story of a ghost female teacher with red high heels has haunted boarding schools in Nigeria for decades.

play Queen of the Coast sardines sold in Nigeria
(mouth-full-of-sardines)

This is the legend of Madam Koi Koi. There are several stories but this is the most popular one. Once upon a time there was a beautiful teacher in a secondary school. She was known for her beauty and her red heels. Whenever she walked in the hallways her shoes will make one sound ‘Koi Koi’.

It was also said she was very nasty to students and would beat them up for no given reason. You could say she was hated.

Legend has it that she was fired when she slapped a female student and injured her ear. On her journey back home, Madam Koi Koi was involved in an accident and died. Before she died she swore that she would have her revenge on the school and its students.

Not too long after, students of the secondary school said at night they would hear a ‘Koi Koi’ sound in the hallways of their dormitories after lights out, almost like the clicking of heels on a floor.

Till today this story persists. It is said Madam Koi Koi only comes out at night to haunt students. The stories have gone beyond one secondary school to other secondary schools in Nigeria.

Is there really a story about the ghost of a female teacher haunting students or is this a tale made up by teachers to discourage students from wandering during lights out?

2 Likes

Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by Ogbulaba(m): 6:56am On Oct 19, 2016
throw back
Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by Pinkieblue(f): 6:57am On Oct 19, 2016
Ogbulaba:
throw back
Yea..... Those scary days..... Especially the Bush baby cry..... Lol
Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by ILoveToFuCcK: 7:09am On Oct 19, 2016
That madman koi koi sabi suck dick ehn cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by Ogbulaba(m): 7:09am On Oct 19, 2016
Pinkieblue:

yeah d bush baby story was also scary, never experienced any though
Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by ezechueze(m): 7:12am On Oct 19, 2016
OK
Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by Sensie(f): 7:30am On Oct 19, 2016
I can relate. Remember when I was in Jss2 I had the terrible experience (I no no who send me wake up for night) The rest of my day was just anyhow. Later that night I almost crawled up and slept inside my school mummy cause of fear
Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by oglalasioux(m): 7:49am On Oct 19, 2016
Wow

I've never heard this angle of the koi koi story. I nearly had heart attack in my first term in boarding school and never thought the story could be a legend until I read this.
Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by Tallesty1(m): 8:43am On Oct 19, 2016
Pinkieblue:

That one is real and scary
Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by Pinkieblue(f): 9:41am On Oct 19, 2016
ILoveToFuCcK:

No wonder......
Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by oppybouy(m): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2016
Looool. back then in Mayflower we heard the story too, and that of the Bush baby dude with a Mat. Some even claimed to have heard the sound.

But these stories might be real after all. Cos back then when I was in ss2... around 10 pm we sneaked out to goan buy buns, on our way going, we saw a funny looking creature, that was definitely not human. Chai! You go fear race...House master came and started speaking in Tongues... Our silly roomies didn't believe us anyway. That night was so funny.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by bolaji3071(m): 10:33am On Oct 19, 2016
Choi.... Me sef don dey old oo..... Can remember this story back them
Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by Hollawaley(m): 11:07am On Oct 19, 2016
the one in our school is the ghost that fetches water from our dorm well. you'll just hear that someone is fetching water but you won't see anyone.

1 Like

Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by boss1310(m): 1:42pm On Oct 19, 2016
back in central school Onitsha we were too afraid of that woman that nobody goes to the toilet section alone.my school share a common boundary with community primary school and there was a time both schools have to run from their respective compounds because of the fear of madam koi koi but the most astonishing fact is that teachers were the first to run out of the school gates.
when I look back now I just can't help but laugh because the koi koi stories were different according to regions and states and they were all false rumours including the bush babies and habitual spirits that dwell in the toilets
Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by Nbote(m): 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
Dis story of madam koi koi back den succeeded in discouraging me from going to boarding school.
Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by Sleekydee(m): 3:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
You mean to tell me a ghost was the 1st to rock "christian loubotin"? hmmmmm
Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by SeunWedsLinda(m): 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
I did believe all those myths then. I can only elicit some chuckle when I reminisce on my take on Bush babies then. I heard they were human like creatures with big set of breastgrin. Also heard they compel their prey to suck and most students especially young ones die by overdose. I wouldn't stop at relishing an encounter with a Bush baby. Thinking about it then triggers erectiion in my 3rd leg... . cheesy
Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by StealthyMe(m): 8:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
This got me laughing as i remembered the fearful effect and look of terror these stories, Madam Koi Koi, Bush baby et al, elicited.
E no funny...one might have doubted the story, but the fear was there.
Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by heskeyw(m): 10:17pm On Oct 19, 2016
boss1310:
back in central school Onitsha we were too afraid of that woman that nobody goes to the toilet section alone.my school share a common boundary with community primary school and there was a time both schools have to run from their respective compounds because of the fear of madam koi koi but the most astonishing fact is that teachers were the first to run out of the school gates.
when I look back now I just can't help but laugh because the koi koi stories were different according to regions and states and they were all false rumours including the bush babies and habitual spirits that dwell in the toilets
GuuuuuYyyyyyyyyyy. We went to the same school. Do u know mrs asiegbu, and mrs arinze??
Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by magni101(m): 2:07am On Oct 20, 2016
Hehe... We've all heard different stories of koi koi and the bush baby. My friends from police secondary school Calabar would tell me stories of their experiences in the boarding house.
Back then in Command Children School Calabar, there were stories of trees crying in the night. Those weren't stories anyway, they were real. I've experienced some really frightening stuffs while growing up sha!
Some aren't even worth mentioning coz they remind me of stuffs I wouldn't wanna remember. Really creepy experiences.
Lemme just hold my peace.

3 Likes

Re: Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher by WAPKOSHCOMNG(m): 11:09am On May 08, 2018
ILoveToFuCcK:
Wtf!! grin

(1) (Reply)

What's The Highest Jamb Score U've Seen So Far? / The Differences Between Being Short Tempered And Hot Tempered / " How Many Years You Use Take Senior Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.