Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,313 members, 7,846,384 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Time For Nairaland To Access Age Limit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time For Nairaland To Access Age Limit (1566 Views)

Youths In Abuja Protest Age Limit In Nigerian Politics (Photos) / Buhari Will Go Back To UK In Few Weeks Time For Follow-Up Treatment -SR / New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time For Nairaland To Access Age Limit by loseyourseld(m): 2:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
GMBuhari:
Your post is meaningful but your grammar is an eyesore

Some people recommended using Facebook profile to activate nairaland account over a year ago and recently as 5months ago

But as usual we are talking to a reinforced block wall

All complaints thrown into garbage

Most reasonable people deactivated thier accounts thus encouraging the influx of flatheadinos

They know nothing about politics, but they jump from thread to thread supporting corruption, quoting the constitution up and down, insulting people and their powerful relatives here ban you if you reply their insults

Lecturing efcc and dss on how they should do their works is their hobby

They are on relationships thread dishing out love advise , small boys whose balls are yet to drop dishing out advise

Asking you to click like or share like their life depends on it

They clone reputable monica, go through list of your followers and attack their comments

Been there seen it all but as long as it's traffic, oga seun really doesn't want anything to jeopardize that

Oh and I might get banned for this or any other post for writing this, we know their modus operandi, they insult you with clone profiles you insult back they ban you till January 2017

Nairaland is not what it used to be and apart from the fun, the funny comments, the densely, stewpydly wise mumus, their followers nd their theatrics, that's mostly what NL Stands for these days

There are posts, relevant posts in all sections from 2012,13,14 that never got more than 20 comments even though they featured, these days just post toto, bra, yeyebrity and you get 19 pages,

Post about arrest of politicians you get at least 5 pages 4 of which will be insults and Constitution

I really don't need to type this novel, just putting it out there if anyone cares to read and make amends

And power drunk moderators, nobody has defamed you yet, you remove this post, we will spam all threads

You deactivate this profile we will create more, like literally

Fix nl before lailas blog throws you in garbage

That is why I rarely comment, cant be exchanging words with such people. I visit Quora more now than nairaland. Quora is what nairaland should be, but it is more of international politics and topics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time For Nairaland To Access Age Limit by PentiumProf: 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
Chapter5ive:

I only pity your parents,cos they wasted their little money training a troll like you. You are not even ashamed of cloning handles and you calling me jobless, a jobless one is someone that have the time to clone monikers just to troll. You are a disgrace to your village.
E pain you
I can do whatever I wan
You were the one that first called me jobless
I returned the favour by calling you jobless
Finally i can clone any handle i want and there is nothing you can do
Kwontinue quoting
Re: Time For Nairaland To Access Age Limit by Chapter5ive: 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2016
PentiumProf:

E pain you
I can do whatever I wan
You were the one that first called me jobless
I returned the favour by calling you jobless
Finally i can clone any handle i want and there is nothing you can do
Kwontinue quoting

Everything to troll is "E pain you". What is paining you? Lolzzzz. No one is holding you from wasting your life here, just that you have no shame. Shameless ipob tout disgracing his family since 1706BC

5 Likes

Re: Time For Nairaland To Access Age Limit by Justiceleague1: 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
PentiumProf:

That is what I am here for
Anyone that abuses my great igbo people will not take it likely
I will put them in their place
correct..they come on here and say all manner of unprintable stuff about other ppl and their tribe and region and they expect you to smile,like you are invincible..pathetic lots they are. They can keep on whinning

1 Like

Re: Time For Nairaland To Access Age Limit by Justiceleague1: 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2016
dEastActivist:
Due to the hatred being propagated by those people on the waste side, they will always submit a bias report.
No one takes a tribal bigot serious.

Why not choose any dustbin of your choice and get this rubbish disposed.

[s][/s]
that guy is really bittered,always cursing...poverty de worry am..dem don ban am o grin

op,the ideal thing shud be: punish any nairalander who misbehave..
Re: Time For Nairaland To Access Age Limit by APCHaram: 8:31am On Oct 21, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:
@gmbuhari, let me give you example of clone handles here, I call these set of people cowards, I don't if they suffer from inferiority complex;

omenkata, ominka, omenkaHerdsman, rapistOmenka, pentiumprof, dabullit (don't know if this spelling is the real or clone one), there is one Kwararat, this is a notorious troll on Nairaland with multiple handles. He believes Omenka is from Kwara state reason why the kwararat handle.

Tbh.

Tout

2 Likes

Re: Time For Nairaland To Access Age Limit by APCHaram: 9:20am On Oct 21, 2016
The sheer arrogating audacity of the OP to advocate for discrimination and barring of some members based on the flimsy excuse of their age shows how intolerant our society is.

Has age ever been a restricting factor in defining geniuses? Does success in life come with grey hairs only?

This condescending view the OP holds is why you have outdated gerriatic octegarians still ruling over you.

I am in my late 30's and with the OP's silly proposal, I should not be allowed to participate in debates with retired generals and aging politicians who still arrogate power to themselves inspite of their horrendous record in misruling Nigeria.

Africa's greatest set back in every human comparative endeavour is because we never developed a written language.

This naturally put all knowledge in the hands of the old wise elders.

Old people are generally nostalgic and conservative to real change - they live in the era of their youth.

This made African culture to be static and it's scientific and technological feats none existing.

The youth are fresh and unbiased and untainted by useless outdated knowledge.

I want to hear from not only my generation but those going and as well as that coming fast to replace mine.

This thread should be trashed
Re: Time For Nairaland To Access Age Limit by APCHaram: 9:21am On Oct 21, 2016
Anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority. It thus exemplifies the purpose behind freedom of expression which on its own, apart from being enshrined in our constitution, is a fundamental right of every human being on the planet in particular: to protect unpopular individuals from retaliation and their ideas from suppression at the hand of an intolerant society.

The right to remain anonymous may be abused when it shields fraudulent conduct. but political speech by its nature will sometimes have unpalatable consequences, and, in general, civilised societies accords greater weight to the value of free speech than to the dangers of its misuse.

Bearing the above in mind with respect to our own Nairaland community and the ever expanding rule books which has led to wanton censorship of alternative ideologies not sanctioned by the "owner", I see parallels with NL censorship similar to that emanating from the current fascist elements occupying Aso Rock.

Rules are a necessity to order. Even in human past time activity like sports, rules are needed to define the boundaries and conduct of participants towards promoting friendly competition. But where rules define society and not society defining the rules, you have an authoritarian dictatorship at the helms bent on keeping the populace in strict line to their selfish definition of reality.

This is where Seun and Nairaland have failed woefully. By trying to control the context of debate here strictly to their parochial narrow views, seun and his mods are forgetting what built Nairaland from an obscure forum to one of Africa's biggest.

Majority of members here come to this site to sample and debate the views and opinions of their peers.

The professional media has lost the right as a credible and balanced source of news content and opinions. This is why NL grew because at the onset you provided an open platform for all members irrespective of societal status to be aired and heard.

Sooner or later another forum will rise to overtake yours.

My unsolicited advice to you is to strongly consider the following mandates and begin to promote them on your website :

1. To provide a platform of debate to widen the scope of financial, economic and political information available to the professional investing public.

2 To skeptically examine and, where necessary, attack the flaccid institution that financial journalism has become.

3.to liberate oppressed knowledge.

4. to provide analysis uninhibited by political constraint.

5.to facilitate information's unending quest for freedom.

Promote these ideals and see your website grow in leaps and bounds or else someone else will imbibe these core tenets of freedom and build a bolder, fearless army of online activists and intellectuals.

This 5th estate is feared most by the corrupt elite. What we say and promote here should serve as a wakeup call to them to act an do the right thing.

The President has a retinue of special advisers, aides and even a substantive ministry patrolling the cyber space.

We should not fear them neither should you support them in quieting dissenting opinions rather this forum should stand as the peoples voice and should not be lost to the establishment.

Good day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time For Nairaland To Access Age Limit by Justiceleague1: 7:01am On Dec 10, 2016
Chapter5ive:

I thought as much. They are quick to insult and even tell you to go report to the mods. They will later come back to say enjoy your prison. Lolzzz. Very funny trolls, especially that Justiceleague1.
na wao..when are they gonna free u nah! Well enjoy ua prison grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Very Important Things I Have Noticed In Nairaland... / Work Has Not Resumed On 2nd Niger Bridge Project,it's All Lies- Investigation / Nigerian Food Not Good For Human Health, Says EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.