Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! (23790 Views)

Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF / Unilever Certified As Africa’s Top Employer / Is Nigeria Really The Biggest Economy In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by steryj(m): 2:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
Lilimax:
Heart warming in what way? Anybody can claim anything... embarassed
Lilimax:
Lilimax:
I HOPE YOU GET WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by Ngozi123(f): 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
989900D:

Radical changes and moving the country forward is all I ever write about on Nairaland, check my posts and topics, especially on my primary handle '989900' where have tens of articles of such . . . there are few people on this forum that write about 'solutions' to our present predicaments than I do; would that make me nullify progress no matter how little? No.

I criticize the gov't, yes, but would that make me justify those who would never see anything good in positive steps taken by the gov't, or those who never get up to do something positive to help their personal situation, not to mention others, or their country? No.

Fair enough, you do believe in radical change but many who share your stance in this matter do not, hence why I said that people who share your reasoning are 'less likely' to want radical change. Btw, I'm not always this negative, in fact, I even applauded Buhari on his anti-corruption stance as it's one thing that I do agree with him on. However, I haven't seen much under this current administration, or in previous ones, that have led me to believe that Nigeria is progressing at an acceptable rate. In fact, in some ways, I believe that Nigeria is regressing.
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by 989900D: 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ngozi123:

Fair enough, you do believe in radical change but many who share your stance in this matter do not, hence why I said that people who share your reasoning are 'less likely' to want radical change. Btw, I'm not always this negative, in fact, I even applauded Buhari on his anti-corruption stance as it's one thing that I do agree with him on. However, I haven't seen much under this current administration, or in previous ones, that have led me to believe that Nigeria is progressing at an acceptable rate. In fact, in some ways, I believe that Nigeria is regressing.

I entertain your fears, cause it could of course go either way . . . the below is a cut from my comment on my outlook going forward . . .

On the longer term, if the rice and general agric initiatives yield positively, and if the over $100b in investment commitments Kachikwu, Adeosun, and Emefiele got from their trips to Asia, Europe, and North America would trickle in (a 40 member delegation from China should be in the country any moment this October to put their money where their mouth is), and we can have some of our assets sold or leased soon enough, it will help MASSIVELY with the economy and the Naira situation going forward.

We need investments in our Oil and Gas sector, Rail, Power, Housing, Roads, Agric, Car manufacturing and other Manufacturing to make the economy and the Naira practically strong.

Ultimately, our best hope (considering how good we are at making simple stuffs be rocket science) of getting out of the woods while we figure other exports bringing in Forex is, Dangote refineries and Fertilizer plant and power plant, the other refinery in Akwa Ibom, NNPC leased or PPP refineries, the other ones coming up in Okolola and Ogun state which all combined, can refine over 1.4 million barrels of crude; enough to eliminate our Forex needs for refined fuel with a lot more to spare for exports (earning Forex from refined fuel export) -- that will be our major game changer -- that, with the earlier listed, can bring the Naira to as low as N100 to $1.
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by slowice(m): 3:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
Waiting for this news to translate into growth and development.... Ngozi said the same thing during gej tenure but same people who criticized her and gej re now hailing kemi and bubu...even when they can't afford a good plate of rice with dodo n cold coke.. What a country... Smh mtchewwww.

1 Like

Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by steryj(m): 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2016
The BBC will once again go back and be referring to South Africa as the most advanced or most industrialised economy in Africa now that baton has changed hands. I don't know why they hate Nigeria so much. They just can't stand attributing or link the word *most* to anything possitive about Nigeria. Anyway am not surprised, after all their economy is controlled by the white, while politics is controlled by the blacks. BBC does the bidding for them(white)
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by 7lives: 3:31pm On Oct 19, 2016
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:
Some wailers go need this..

Why not make it color red to make it attractive to them.
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by ATERI(m): 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
Even in our slumber, we are still doing better than these unruly South Africans, how would they cope when we are awake and good to go?
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
for last year, and by the time we get to next year, we will be 18th in the world, and before 2020 we will be 10th. Pmb is doing great.
Let me guess that's a prayer
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by Hitzfrom9ja: 8:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
Really? I mean for real?
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by asamaigho(m): 9:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
Aufbauh:
IMF has murdered some persons sleep cheesy
The Nigerian "Pharisees and Sadducees" should better hide their faces in shame and agony because Nigeria will grow stronger inspite of their beliefs or dispositions.

I repeat that those who are waiting for Buhari to fails will eat their own words like Olisa Metuh chewed his own statement

Ipad members no go sleep again ooo.. ...imf mbut y

1 Like

Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by asamaigho(m): 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2016
martineinstein:
if i were wailers i wouldnt visit nairaland for 2 months.....so as to get quick recovery

Hahahahahahahahahaha.. ...wicked
Ipod members dey intensive care units across hospitals in d southyeast now.
Anyway happy anniversary to d foolish ipod dilector.. .26yr to go.
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by 1factfinder: 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
Fantastic,9ija is great
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by ivandragon: 11:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
the hypocrisy on nairaland is astonishing.

same people who belittled the rebasement of the economy are now the ones beating their chest?

& this is despite the fact the we lost over $60b?

well, just like how they condemned a 'mere' N10 reduction in PMS but celebrated a N60 increase a few months later.

bunch of nitwits...

1 Like

Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by modath(f): 3:34am On Oct 20, 2016
HAH:

USA and China are suppose to be continents not countries, there are state in both countries that are more than Nigeria, my respect goes to Japan, despite it small size it is the third largest economy, largely due to utilization of human resources

There is not one of state or province in both countries that is bigger then Nigeria, almost in size? Of course but not equal nor bigger.
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by porka: 4:42am On Oct 20, 2016
If they can just take Nigeria back to where/how they met it and take their leave, we will pick it from there.

They did extreme damage to the economy in just one year without shame. God's willing, we will roll-up our sleeves and get to work to effect adequate repairs.

According to the CIA Factbook, Nigeria was already a $1.1trn economy (on PPP basis) at the end of 2015. But all has virtually been taken down by Buhari. With all the household income wiped-out within one year, with productive people out of jobs, with foreign and local investors lacking enough confidence to take needed risks, it is only the resilience of Nigerians that has prevented the country from going down further. And the resilience is thinning out.
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by SIRTee15: 6:42am On Oct 20, 2016
modath:

There is not one of state or province in both countries that is bigger then Nigeria, almost in size? Of course but not equal nor bigger.
check alaska
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by HAH: 7:52am On Oct 20, 2016
modath:

Alaska(USA) is 1.7M sq km
Xingian(china) is 1.66M sq km
Tibet(china) is 1.22M sq km

And

Nigeria is 923k sq km

That is talking land mass, talking about economic size is going another long story
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by modath(f): 8:04am On Oct 20, 2016
HAH:

Alaska(USA) is 1.7M sq km
Xingian(china) is 1.66M sq km
Tibet(china) is 1.22M sq km

And

Nigeria is 923k sq km

That is talking land mass, talking about economic size is going another long story

I stand corrected... I read some where that some inlands are calculated alongside with Alaska's landmass, guess the opinion is wrong & need to condition myself to the thinking that there is a place double naija's size.. Waoh.
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by OracleE(m): 8:18am On Oct 20, 2016
Wonderful news though not there yet. We Still need to translate this into visible positive growth attested to by even the common man dying on the streets.

On the other note, if this is true considering the recession in Nigeria then I pity the living conditions of other African countries.
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by HAH: 8:44am On Oct 20, 2016
modath:

I stand corrected... I read some where that some inlands are calculated alongside with Alaska's landmass, guess the opinion is wrong & need to condition myself to the thinking that there is a place double naija's size.. Waoh.

Yes my sister, USA and China are equal to a continent, come to think of it China is about 1.4billion in population and Africa is 1.2billion, one good thing I like about china is they used their population to their advantage, some 15 years ago china was not the second economy but Japan but they have not just overtook them but doubled them, this is where I want Nigeria to take a cue, we are the china of africa and we can follow the china model for growth taking advantage of our population and natural resources, the most important resource among resources is human resources which Japan, china and USA are making a good use of.
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by modath(f): 8:53am On Oct 20, 2016
HAH:

Yes my sister, USA and China are equal to a continent, come to think of it China is about 1.4billion in population and Africa is 1.2billion, one good thing I like about china is they used their population to their advantage, some 15 years ago china was not the second economy but Japan but they have not just overtook them but doubled them, this is where I want Nigeria to take a cue, we are the china of africa and we can follow the china model for growth taking advantage of our population and natural resources, the most important resource among resources is human resources which Japan, china and USA are making a good use of.

Our politicians are not cut from the same cloth.. grin
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by HAH: 8:59am On Oct 20, 2016
modath:

Our politicians are not cut from the same cloth.. grin

My sister is not the politicians but our people, politicians are reflection of the people in the land. We need a change in attitude in every sphere and at all levels
Re: IMF Affirms Nigeria As Africa’s Biggest Economy!!! by modath(f): 9:16am On Oct 20, 2016
HAH:

My sister is not the politicians but our people, politicians are reflection of the people in the land. We need a change in attitude in every sphere and at all levels

An hungry man does not go running a marathon , he gatz to take care of his immediate problem first.

If politicians aren't in cahoot to keep people down, they'd be better prepared to make the right choices.. Someone who doesn't have 5h will not reject 3k from a politician... It's sad but that's reality.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Keys To Long Term Success In Your Business!!!! / 5 Subtle Ways People Waste Money / (SCAMMER) Ozor Maxwell Chikamso Is A Scammer!!!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.