Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. (95613 Views)

"Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant / Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by happney65: 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
Icon4s:
hmmm... The last Oba became a Christian and abolished so many fetish practises in Benin.

He brought Modernization, prosperity and development to Benin.

With what i have seen so far, I hope this Oba will not take Benin back to its dark ages. undecided

So showcasing one's culture with something like this is going back to the back ages abi?Hunnn..I shake my Head for una..

7 Likes

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Icon4s(m): 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
martineinstein:
na really oyibo slave u be

Taa.. i pitty your mentality.
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Ubenedictus(m): 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
Icon4s:
hmmm... The last Oba became a Christian and abolished so many fetish practises in Benin.

He brought Modernization, prosperity and development to Benin.

With what i have seen so far, I hope this Oba will not take Benin back to its dark ages. undecided
THe last oba wasnt a christian nor were his fathers nor is d incumbent.

2 Likes

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Richy4(m): 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
Nice culture and costume....If the cultural attire warrant the men to expose their upper bodies, then they should hit the gym often...So that it will look better....Those beer bottled tummy every where, even the not so old people are having did not do justice to the costume...

2 Likes

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Hades2016(m): 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2016
seen !!!!!!! am going back to sleep biko
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Nisorla(m): 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
women are in the kitchen and other room that's why they are not here 😂😂😂😂😉😂😂
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Icon4s(m): 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
Ubenedictus:
THe last oba wasnt a christian nor were his fathers nor is d incumbent.

I live in Benin. I know what i am talking about.
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by martineinstein(m): 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2016
Icon4s:

Taa.. i pitty your mentality.
i no blame u.if no be europeans, bini for colonise entire east...yeebos wud av bn benin slaves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by 4nobody4every1: 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2016
sad
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Icon4s(m): 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
martineinstein:
i no blame u.if no be europeans, bini for colonise entire east

Inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Lilimax(f): 5:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
Principalities and Powers on rampage.... embarassed
I neutralize every evil powers with the blood of Jesus Christ. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by chiefojiji(m): 5:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
Video of dem disappearing or IDONBELIVIT!!!
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by flokii: 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
An Oba automatically becomes the spiritual head of all witches, wizards, ogbanjes etc. etc. in the entire land.

They are all subject to his command now and d guy is not just ordinary human anymore (so I heard)

3 Likes

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Ubenedictus(m): 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
Icon4s:

I live in Benin. I know what i am talking about.
I'm also from edo, d kings church is aruosa. erediauwa wasnt a xtian, aruosa is a traditional thing.

2 Likes

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Shymm3xx: 5:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
Lilimax:
Principalities and Powers on rampage.... embarassed
I neutralize every evil powers with the blood of Jesus Christ. Amen

Lol. This is so unnecessary. grin

Anyway, great to see Bini folks putting Yoruba culture/gods/crown on display. I can see the Olokun worshippers there. Olokun worship is one of the fastest growing religions in the world, especially in South America. The Brazilians are running shyte when it comes to Olokun.

4 Likes

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Imhayuba: 5:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
The guy in the first pics! Na hin d!CK b dat
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 19, 2016
grin nothing strange, just Black,red and white!!!
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by MicroBox: 5:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
How would Nigeria be great when living with Satanist who are openly practicing Satanism...
Idol worshipping would be abolish and must be abolish..
Nigeria never heal from the aftermath of FESTAC 77..
Culture/tradition is idol worshiping..
Idol worshipping is Satanism,
.·.Culture/tradition is Satanism...
What they invoke is devil,
what they call is devil,
what they worship is devil,
It must be abolish..

Tourism my foot.,.

1 Like

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by harlee(m): 5:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
No Wonder my mama hate edo gals,jazz dey dem blood
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by PrettySpicey(f): 5:41pm On Oct 19, 2016
What is strange about these scenes, OP?
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by stronggman: 5:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
Giving glory to Satan in the name of culture and tradition, I pity bini people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by BALLOSKI: 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
Edo people are taking this thing too far.

2 Likes

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Princy13: 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2016
AllTheWayUp:
The great Benin Kingdom is known for having preserved its cultural heritage and guarded it jealously over the years. Below are some very strange pictures from the coronation ceremony of the new Oba.

It was obtained from a dialogue with a source in Benin, that the festivities which is full of pomp and pageantry, are very revered.

There are myths that at some point in the cause of the coronation, the Oba and the kingmaker who is crowning him, gets to disappear and only both me would know where the crown is placed on his head.

The source who spoke under anonymity, told our correspondent that these photos are from Ogbelaka and Eguadase Royal Guilds of Benin Kingdom. The dance is called Ekassa. According to the source, the dance is done by only men dressed in white robes and they would do it daily until the coronation is over.

Read more: https://www.naij.com/1008725-mystery-strange-photos-benin-kingdom-will-put-fear.html

Here comes the extended brothers of the typically unstable afonjas with their primordial divinations in display.

They are no better than these.
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by XaintJoel20: 5:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
Sleekydee:
Benin city..I rock that city sha....long live the king.
Please come back, we still need you around...
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Qmerit(m): 5:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
[[s][s]quote author=omonnakoda post=50336495]Why wearing Jeans??
I can only assume the the Edo women are in their favorite room since we cannot see any in the pictures[/quote]
[/s]

See them

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by yekparikpa(m): 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
MadCow1:
Until the day I wey see Bird dey swim and Fish dey fly, I been dey think say Bini Winch na joke..
Actually opened this just to read your comment. But for real mehn na Wetin bini do you?

2 Likes

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
Scary. I smell jazz shocked
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by AreaFada2: 6:09pm On Oct 19, 2016
post=50337691:

Oga nobody puts the Crown on the head of the Oba, he crowns himself. Bloggers and lies en.

Actually someone symbolically does. It is chief Oliha of Benin. His palace is at Oliha Quarters in Benin. But he's not the kingmaker. It so happened he was the senior Benin chief who led others to bring Oranmiyan from Ife/Uhe. Others were Edohen, Ero, Eholor Nire, Ezomo. To make the 5 Uzama chiefs. Oloton who came from Ife with Oranmiyan later joined the Uzama. Oba Ewuare The Great added the crown prince as the 7th Uzama.

These 7 senior nobles called Uzama n'Ihiron are erroneously called the king makers by outsiders. King makers do not exist in Benin. Since no election, selection or any other politics is involved. He was crown prince from birth.

The crowning and public proclamation as King XYZ is just to fulfil tradition.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by loadedvibes: 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
You will see tomorrow na. Nobody wears him the crown he picks it up and wears it himself.

AreaFada2:

Actually someone symbolically does. It is chief Oliha of Benin. His palace is at Oliha Quarters in Benin. But he's not the kingmaker. It so happened he was the senior Benin chief who led others to bring Oranmiyan from Ife/Uhe. Others were Edohen, Ero, Eholor Nire, Ezomo. To make the 5 Uzama chiefs. Oloton who came from Ife with Oranmiyan later joined the Uzama. Oba Ewuare The Great added the crown prince as the 7th Uzama.

These 7 senior nobles called Uzama n'Ihiron are erroneously called the king makers by outsiders. King makers do not exist in Benin. Since no election, selection or any other politics is involved. He was crown prince from birth.

The crowning and public proclamation as King XYZ is just to fulfil tradition.
Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by smart024(m): 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2016
Seems you missed the picture of those old women displaying their fallen walls-of-jerico o...
grin grin grin grin grin

And apart from that, if this much is displayed publicly, then I fear what would have gone down privately o...
cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. by redsun(m): 6:22pm On Oct 19, 2016
One of the few remaining indigenous African culture that is struggling to remain relevant in the fave of oyinbo domineering and colossal civilisation.

Culture is like a running river that never remains at the same spot. Always evolving with every passing time. It disappears when its upholders cease to function.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings / 9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You / Yoruba Incantations. . . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.