Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,020 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank (23703 Views)

Umidigi Cons....think Twice Before Buying!! BETTER BUY XIAOMI!! / How To Identify An Original Power Bank / 5 Very Important Things To Note Before Buying Any Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by DlawTECHY(m): 6:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
Portable battery chargers, better known as power Bank have become a great utility for Smartphone users as it not only helps to keep your devices charged up while on-the-move, but also because they in spite of being handy and portable, can charge your Smartphone and tablet multiple times depending on the capacity.

You have to consider some salient factors such as:

1. Power Output:

Your power bank capacity doesn’t matter as much as the power output of a power bank .The most prime reason for buying is to charge your device and if fails to do that right, it just as good as a plastic box.All devices which people use needs at least 2 Ampere to charge it .So before buying a power bank check, at least, one of the two output ports has a 2.1 Ampere output .

Many people complain that while charging the phone the battery percentage still decreases.The answer is simple if your rate of charging is lower than the rate of discharging the battery percentage will decrease and may also reach zero and the phone might switch off.

Advantages of high-power output power banks are:-

Phone charges quickly
Usage of phone and charging can be done together
Rate of charging is always greater than rate of discharging of your phone.

2.Type of battery cells

Li-ion and Li-poly are nothing but two variations of the battery cells which are popularly used to constitute the best power banks. Most of the battery packs go for the Li-ion as they are cheaper but portable chargers being constituted with Li-ion tends to become much bulkier in comparison to the Li-Poly.

Not only Li-poly, being sleeker, can provide the provision to the manufacturers to manipulate the size and shape of the power banks further, they are safer in terms of usage as well. A Li-Po Battery can also retain its charge longer.

3.Power Capacity

The next important thing you should consider is power capacity after the above two.This depends solely depends on what devices you are using.The power bank’s capacity should be at least 2.5 times your phone’s capacity to get 2 full charges out of it.Only 70% of a power bank’s capacity is usable .

For example, If i buy a 9,000MAH power bank to charge a phone with 3000MAH battery .The usable power I can use is just 6300MAAH which will only give 2 full charges, not 3 as per expectation.

4.Weight and Form Factor

The power bank is also called a portable charger so you would want to buy a portable and not a bulky one.Not all power banks are really portable to carry around.If you always carry your power bank to where ever you go you should consider a light power bank with a sleek design. Everyone wants a power bank that you can carry about at all time.

5. The number of USB ports

Number of ports on a Power Bank plays the vital role if you are going to have a need to charge multiple devices simultaneously. Usually most of the portable chargers below 10000 MAH capacity (smaller capacity) do not come up with multiple output port option. The reason is obvious; they are simply not large enough to charge up more than one device at a time.

By the way, it is important to know the number of output ports of a power bank affect output current when charging multiple devices at the same time. To get more clear about this, let’s take the example of the Mi 16000MAH power bank, which comes with two USB output ports (whereas the 10400MAH variant has only one output port) and claims to charge devices (Smartphone or tablet) at 2.1 A at 5V.

However, this claim is only true when charging only one device at a time. When you use both ports at the same time, this particular power bank is capable of providing at max 3 A at 5 V (i.e. 1.5 A per port) instead of otherwise presumed 4.2 A. So, before picking one battery pack, especially if fast charging is a priority to you, then this aspect should be taken care of scrupulously.

6. Buy from respected brands
Never become excited at power banks selling extremely cheap especially when they are unbranded, where those power banks not only failed to charge the phone, but also damaged the devices severely.

So be careful while balancing between quality and price, when particularly it comes to a power bank. Some good brands of power bank include jakery giant, lumsing power bank, romoss, veeda etc.
Link
https://dlawtechy./2016/10/18/6-salient-and-important-things-you-need-to-consider-before-purchasing-a-power-bank/

Cc lalasticlala, honsule, mynd44

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by superfelix: 7:10pm On Oct 19, 2016
these are good points. planning on getting one PB one of these days. this should help
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by DlawTECHY(m): 7:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
superfelix:
these are good points. planning on getting one PB one of these days. this should help

Remoss is a great brand here in Nigeria.. You can try their pb

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by superfelix: 7:35pm On Oct 19, 2016
DlawTECHY:

aiit! thanks

1 Like

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by LabiaDestroyerr(m): 8:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
Nice one op
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by DlawTECHY(m): 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
LabiaDestroyerr:
Nice one op

Thanks bro.
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by helpinghands(m): 9:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
Nice one op... This is real FP material... Nairalanders need to learn from this...

Oga lalasticlala come and see ooooo

1 Like

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Olasco93: 5:59am On Oct 20, 2016
smiley
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 6:56am On Oct 20, 2016
thanks
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by guassian: 6:57am On Oct 20, 2016
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by takenadoh: 7:02am On Oct 20, 2016
@the OP you try for this post!

well done!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Rick9(m): 7:03am On Oct 20, 2016
I need one
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Tobyshegz(m): 7:03am On Oct 20, 2016
How many battery topics we wan get in nl sef??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Julietcutie(f): 7:04am On Oct 20, 2016
nice one would use this information when I wanna buy another pb

2 Likes

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 20, 2016
DlawTECHY:

I bought a 30000mah capacity pb. It packed up after a week. I angrily threw it away. How can I get a good shop to buy original pb?
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Tobyshegz(m): 7:09am On Oct 20, 2016
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Tobyshegz(m): 7:10am On Oct 20, 2016
Ok
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Dsaintprodigy(m): 7:12am On Oct 20, 2016
Nice one OP. Good job

1 Like

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by officialteemi(m): 7:14am On Oct 20, 2016
diff type of powerbanks......

1 Like

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by mesheikh(m): 7:16am On Oct 20, 2016
Nice tips.. hav d intention of buyin a power Bank 1 or dis days pls recommend d best 4 me so I can purchase it
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Okaakoko(m): 7:19am On Oct 20, 2016
mine have been serving me well. two years and counting
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by 11cows4sale(m): 7:19am On Oct 20, 2016
I have a Samsung pb of 30000mah but charge my 3000mah battery jus once. But d pb last sha,,I've been using it for 2 yes now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by 11cows4sale(m): 7:20am On Oct 20, 2016
I have a Samsung pb of 30000mah but charge my 3000mah battery jus once. But d pb last sha,,I've been using it for 2 years now
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by legacyint: 7:20am On Oct 20, 2016
Op clearly on point that was how i bougt one yeye unbranded power bank from jumia claiming to be 30000mah but with the rate of charge i get i doubt if the real capacity is even up to 10000mah,and d yeye tin takes forever to charge.

1 Like

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by graciella(f): 7:21am On Oct 20, 2016
That is how I bought one solar power bank from konga 30000mah, and tablet says 3600mah. Tablet just charges for ten mins with power bank then gets low. 4650 gone

1 Like

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by loveslife(f): 7:25am On Oct 20, 2016
Wow shocked have never used the 2.1 amp output in charging my device before. Because I was told it's only for tablets. No wonder my phone does not, charge fast.changed up to five chargers thinking they were fake and as such the USb not giving my battery the right amount of charge. Had even planned getting another charger today sef. God bless u op.
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by ezechueze(m): 7:32am On Oct 20, 2016
OK
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Gkemz: 7:34am On Oct 20, 2016
Nice write-up Op, Pls how can one resuscitate a dead or dying power bank which its output has drastically reduced.
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by Rexnegro(m): 7:35am On Oct 20, 2016
thanks for the info
Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by touchmark(m): 7:37am On Oct 20, 2016
New Age is another good power bank in Nigeria. I have been using 4400Amp capacity for over 2years now and it is still serving.

3 Likes

Re: Check Out What You Need To Know Before Buying That Power Bank by grovec12(m): 7:38am On Oct 20, 2016
hello my people, the whole specifications are in the copy ( fake) and original power bank , imagine a slim power written 30000 mAh, and bulky one with the same specification on it ...asked yourself which is more ok to buy?
The Nigeria we live this days has different brand of a product , the likes of new age, Im , iconix, chukpez, remooss, camico power bank name them.
original power bank as small capacity of 2800mAH can charge your 1500maH phone twice while 60000MAh copy ( fake) slim power bank can't charge your 1500mah phone even for once .

every product in Nigeria are in twos ,original and copy (fake)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked / Chinese Phone Makers Force Samsung To Delay Release Of Galaxy Note 9 / MTN '*556# Is No Longer Working [*310#] Is The New Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.