Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

The River - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The River (38250 Views)

Romance On The River - Book Review / Cries From The River “nun” Poem, Dedicated To Gabriel Imomotimi Okara / Murica: My River Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The River by samyfreshsmooth(m): 8:05pm On Dec 27, 2016
thanks for d mention ma'am.......dis just got more interesting...
I FOLLOW STILL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2016
Adesina12:
I am also scared of this mystery Durotimi aka Eliora

Even I am scared to read on.....

Where is thereabouts of the other boys? Who knows Durotimi must have come across one of them unknowingly

So what next?

Get popcorn and relax Lleigh

Hello Adesina12 yes this story is scary. ...
As jagugu88li said...read during the day smiley

With lots of popcorn.

Yes the mystery of the boys.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 11:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
samyfreshsmooth:
thanks for d mention ma'am.......dis just got more interesting...

I FOLLOW STILL

samyfreshsmooth thanks for stopping by and commenting.
Hope you stay till the end
Re: The River by samyfreshsmooth(m): 11:27am On Dec 28, 2016
Lleigh:

samyfreshsmooth thanks for stopping by and commenting. Hope you stay till the end

I sure will smiley
Lleigh:

samyfreshsmooth thanks for stopping by and commenting. Hope you stay till the end

I sure will
Re: The River by TeleboiZ005(m): 6:46pm On Dec 28, 2016
Whay da bomb!!!

Scary bt interesting....
Following...

Can u see me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
TeleboiZ005:
Whay da bomb!!!

Scary bt interesting....

Following...

Can u see me

I can now TeleboiZ005 thank you for stopping by and commenting
Re: The River by girlhaley(f): 1:21am On Dec 29, 2016
Waoh.......Never thought I'd missed this much

Missed this thread

Lleigh......you always rock!

Jagugu88li.....My personal person

Adesina......I sight yah

This story is now getting twisted

I knew it!.....I knw its Durotimi coz have never come across an English name like that

Is it sango that impregnate Eliora's mum.....How come there's so much storm and thunder..... Something is fishy...

Eliora the blackie........His two brothers....where are they??

Devine......Why are u searching for her DNA

This has passed tongue twister.....its now mind twister...

Lleigh!!

Feed me more!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 6:51am On Dec 29, 2016
girlhaley:
Waoh.......Never thought I'd missed this much

Missed this thread

Lleigh......you always rock!

Jagugu88li.....My personal person

Adesina......I sight yah

This story is now getting twisted

I knew it!.....I knw its Durotimi coz have never come across an English name like that

Is it sango that impregnate Eliora's mum.....How come there's so much storm and thunder..... Something is fishy...

Eliora the blackie........His two brothers....where are they??

Devine......Why are u searching for her DNA

This has passed tongue twister.....its now mind twister...

Lleigh!!

Feed me more!

girlhaley merry Christmas in arrears. Long time.

Update soon grin
Re: The River by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 29, 2016
Even the nuns were scared of Eliora, chai! See child grin

T.J! Where you dey hide na?

Devine, we go soon reach for yua side

Happy new year girlhaley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Debra01(f): 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2016
Intriguing!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2016
Lleigh!!! Is Good to be back from (Nairaland prison) Ban

These story is awesome

1 Like

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2016
Prinxxdave:
Lleigh!!! Is Good to be back from (Nairaland prison) Ban

These story is awesome

prinxxdave what did you do lol
Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2016
Lleigh:

prinxxdave what did you do lol

just becoz i posted something about MMM vs NNN.
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 7:30am On Dec 31, 2016
Debra01:
Intriguing!!

Thanks Debra01.

Happy New Year in Advance
Re: The River by ritababe(f): 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2016
Lleigh:

Thanks.
Happy New Year in Advance
wish you same

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:30pm On Dec 31, 2016
ritababe:

wish you same

Thank you ritababe, happy new year
Re: The River by Audrinakane(f): 6:56pm On Jan 01, 2017
Wow Lleigh I have to say that you are an amazing writer. Your writing ability is exceptional. Please keep it coming. We need an update. Following the three stories of yours and they are all captivating. Keep it up. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 7:54pm On Jan 01, 2017
Audrinakane:
Wow Lleigh I have to say that you are an amazing writer. Your writing ability is exceptional. Please keep it coming. We need an update. Following the three stories of yours and they are all captivating. Keep it up. wink

Audrinakane thank you so much for your comments.

I appreciate you taking time to come on here and commenting.

Will update the River soon.

Thank you for following.
Re: The River by Smooth278(m): 9:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
Such an intriguing story.... I'm firmly hooked ... Following.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by samyfreshsmooth(m): 11:27pm On Jan 11, 2017
WE WANT UPDATES!! WE WANT UPDATES!! WE WANT UPDATES!!
Lleigh honey hope u're fine o......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Adesina12: 6:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
Lleigh bng a while nah

I beg come out let's play tale by the moonlight grin

I have fresh popcorn for the party....O ya come out

jagugu to follow.....a visit to the the club is in the plan

have you heard about auction advert?
Re: The River by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2017
Leigh and adesina12 busting Nairaland prison....rescuing Lawlahdey and girlhaley.

Were else could they be?.... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Adesina12: 10:52pm On Jan 12, 2017
jagugu88li:
Leigh and adesina12 busting Nairaland prison....rescuing Lawlahdey and girlhaley.

Thanks for your efforts @jagugu

I send out twelve town criers to announce to the whole world that we are yet to see the 2 damsels

Lawlahdey is the masterminder of their disappearance ....she is very stubborn ....ko gboro rara

Last time she entered pepper soup in the name of chasing goat about

jagugu pls inform Askaris and sherif guards about the girls

Meanwhile I have a meeting with Lleigh at the club and I am meeting Enidele at the auction to celebrate his resurgence action

With popcorn today is sure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 11:42pm On Jan 13, 2017
Chapter 17

cc swann, Adesina12, Aitee1, soleski01, Lawlahdey, girlhaley, sexybbstar, jagugu88li, ADECULATE, Amenaghwon, okorro1, Simplebea, Nmaglit,
DADDYSLY, osleek, xamster, sirOrubebe, Bobbybube, julietogbo, Zehner, itsandi, ROYH, Osman1966, chii8, tonye72, Winters22, omamush, Twinkle004, Creeza, skarlett, bibijay123, debra101, samyfreshsmooth, mozb, prinxxdave, cutietee, kinah, IamLukas, harameede99, ladySuperb, dominicnuel, sod09, chara019, yorhmienerd, obumsway, teel123, Pureheart91, Mobecs, latbas, DarkRebel101, Babsopey, Angelinastto, skarlett, Chumzypinky, opal4real, Mobecs, latbas, biafraBushBoy, AndyAustin, kingsmith4, ladyverere, KunleAkinola, rachealfst, mrsuccessful, JMK9600, Michelle55, Audrinakane, Smooth278, Ashley87, Sonamjs, nastynic, orluuchi, brighttech95, DavidPaul, Tuhndhay, MozB, Kaycee625, Perfectionist11, otunbaphemie, Missmossy

Edward stood staring out of the window of his apartment, watching as the people below walked the streets of Canary Wharf and went about their business.

Were they having a good day?

Or were they bogged down with money worries, wondering about how they were going to make the next payment for their next tranche of bills.

It was a beautiful spring day, from his vantage point on the 50th floor, the sky was picture perfect blue, the sun had managed to banish away the grey clouds that might have wanted to make an uninvited appearance.
The bright sunshine disguised the fact that the weather forecasters had said the temperature would hover between 0 and -3 degree Celsius, the wind chill factor making it feel like minus 6.

He was happy that he was not out there with the masses feeling and enduring the bitter English cold. He hated the cold weather with a passion, which was why he had insisted on under floor heating everywhere in his penthouse apartment.
It had cost a fortune, but hey, it had been worth it. After-all, it was only money.

When you owned a penthouse apartment all you could do was stare down at the unfortunates and wonder how their day was going and how they were coping in such cold temperatures.
The fortunate ones, like him stayed in their warm places of abode.

He felt like a god surveying his subjects as they scurried around trying to fulfil his commands.
He did have a lot of demands, unfortunately some could not be fulfilled or delivered by his earthly minions, he sighed.

How was he going to find a girl around the same age range of the previous one he had used?

Girls between the ages of four to seven were not easy to come by, he thought to himself.

He broke off those thought processes and looked around his flat, reminding himself how he got to be living in the penthouse of one of the most sought after addresses in Canary Wharf and London in the first place.
He rubbed shoulders with the bankers, IT geeks and hedge fund managers when he went to the gym in the basement of his apartment building. To them he was a property magnate, which he technically was.

He owned a lot of places in London and he also owned one of the most talked about clubs in the capital and England.

Yes, he had done very well for himself, with the minimum of effort on his part.

His parents had distanced themselves from him, shame that he had not been able to use them instead, yes he was bad, but needs must.

They had voiced their concerns that he had acquired his fortune in a nefarious manner.

Edward looked around his apartment with pride, he had bought the place off plan for cash, and the cash had rolled in like water flowing from a well.
Everything he had touched had turned into a money spinning venture, he was so lucky that he could sell ice to the Eskimos and make a killing from it if he wanted to.

He was now used to getting what he wanted and everything falling into place when he needed it to.

She had lived up to all her promises.

It had been very fortuitous, meeting Baba while being questioned by the police for the death of a low level drug dealer. His lawyer had told Edward that he would be held on remand indefinitely, but Baba had told him, that if he trusted him, he would get him off and he would be out in a day.

Baba had done whatever he had done and Edward had walked out of prison, two days later the charges had been dropped. He had even put in a claim for false imprisonment and had been awarded a tidy sum of money by the Police.

The price for Baba’s help had been very steep, which begged the question why had he chosen him?

What had Baba seen in Edward for Baba to come and pitch his tent with him?

Who had he really been to see in Pentoville?

He had been so overcome with relief that he had never asked Baba that question.

To be honest, he had asked Baba why he hadn’t used his skills for his own advancement, Baba had told him that he was just a custodian and could not use the powers on himself.
His family had been custodians for centuries and when he had relocated to England, he had been forced to take her with him.

Edward always wondered why Baba, called her ‘She’.

He took his mind back to what Baba had told him they needed, they day he had gone to see him.

When he had dropped off the chickens, She had given Baba a message to pass on, the message being, that he Edward, had not been paying enough attention to her and she needed him to deliver on his promise, she needed another one.

Another child needed to be sacrificed, was the message she had passed on to Baba.

Getting the first one had been easy to be honest, he had told his one of his girlfriend's, that taking her son and enrolling him in school prior to her arrival in England would be the best thing to do.

She had acquiesced willingly to his request, she had been so overwhelmed by the generosity of his actions that she had never questioned him.

Unfortunately, his girlfriend had suffered a series of setbacks processing her visa and had fortunately died in an accident, when her bus had gone over a bridge killing all passengers on board.

He had bought the child over to England and he had enrolled him in a school, it just happened that the child had never turned up there.

She had lived up to her side of the bargain, all the things he had wanted and more had come to fruition in the last few years.

He had eliminated the biggest threat to his business Gary Foster; who was now currently languishing in jail having being told that he would have to serve a minimum of 30 years in jail before he would be considered for parole. He had also eliminated a lot of other threats without getting his hands too dirty.

Once he had started his partnership with Baba he had deliberately targeted single women with young children. The women were more trusting and gullible than their childless counterparts.

Which reminded him, Mali was still missing, he had not seen her since the last time they had spent the night together.

She hadn’t turned up at the club to work her shift, which was very unlike her. He knew that she was skimming the takings and he was also aware of the things she had swiped from his flat. He just wasn’t ready to confront her on it yet, he had wanted to use that as a bargaining chip when the time arose.

Her absence was what had prompted him to go and look for her at her bedsit. He had been expecting to find an ill Mali, instead he had found a spaced out, harried teenager at her place.

He had complained that Mali had left him in charge of her baby, with no money or food for the baby. He had handed over the bawling toddler Chloe to Edward and had walked out of the door.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 11:47pm On Jan 13, 2017
Adesina12:
Lleigh bng a while nah

I beg come out let's play tale by the moonlight grin

I have fresh popcorn for the party....O ya come out

jagugu to follow.....a visit to the the club is in the plan

have you heard about auction advert?

Adesina12 you want to Read the River by moonlight ..good luck wink

1 Like

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 11:48pm On Jan 13, 2017
Smooth278:
Such an intriguing story.... I'm firmly hooked ... Following.

thank you for following Smooth278.

Happy New Year to you
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 11:49pm On Jan 13, 2017
jagugu88li:

jagugu88li we are here in nairaland roasting popcorn cheesy

1 Like

Re: The River by Michelle55: 12:12am On Jan 14, 2017
choi! I'm hóoked,welldone dearie...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 14, 2017
Lleigh:

Adesina12 you want to Read the River by moonlight ..good luck wink
I read it tongue..this late.

So "She" is the evil "being" guiding Baba?......

...and Mali's baby is now with Edward?

Girlhaley Mhiz oya, e go happen. Mali is not the chosen one, but the child

T.J, scatter Devine's office and everywhere he goes abeg. Nosey one that one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The River by Audrinakane(f): 12:31am On Jan 14, 2017
Thanks for the update and mention Lleigh. Intriguing story, I am firmly hooked. Keep it coming, more updates please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 8:52am On Jan 14, 2017
Michelle55:
choi! I'm hóoked,welldone dearie...

Hello Michelle55 happy new year to you.

Thank you for the endorsement.
Re: The River by Michelle55: 8:55am On Jan 14, 2017
Lleigh:

Hello Michelle55 happy new year to you.

Thank you for the endorsement.
wish u d very best of d new year... Uwc swt.. Following u lyk kilode

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Ghost-full / VICTIMS- Fiction / Theory X--- A Crime Thriller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.