Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

The River - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The River (38035 Views)

Romance On The River - Book Review / Cries From The River “nun” Poem, Dedicated To Gabriel Imomotimi Okara / Murica: My River Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 10:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
cc girlhaley, Adesina12, jagugu88li, prinxxdave, opal4real, Creeza, swann, bibijay123

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The River by bibijay123(f): 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
Lleigh:
cc girlhaley, Adesina12, jagugu88li, prinxxdave, opal4real, Creeza, swann, bibijay123

Thanks for the mention dear. I will start reading as soon as I can. I just followed the thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 10:26pm On Dec 05, 2016
bibijay123:

Thanks for the mention dear. I will start reading as soon as I can. I just followed the thread.

I understand bibijay123.. too much too catch up on smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by ritababe(f): 12:48am On Dec 06, 2016
Lleigh:

I understand bibijay123.. too much too catch up on smiley
lol na you start am na

1 Like

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 5:25am On Dec 06, 2016
ritababe:

lol na you start am na

Haha ritababe how are you. Thanks for stopping by
Re: The River by ritababe(f): 7:59am On Dec 06, 2016
Lleigh:

Haha ritababe how are you. Thanks for stopping by
I dey enjoy the story gan, thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 8:13am On Dec 06, 2016
ritababe:

I dey enjoy the story gan, thanks.

You are welcome
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:13am On Dec 06, 2016
Cc tuhndhay

1 Like

Re: The River by Adesina12: 9:50am On Dec 06, 2016
Lleigh:

Thanks bae
Just opened the story
This is getting more interesting
What is the faith of the young girl at the bar?
What about Magret, Eliora et al?
Still have a bag of sweet popcorn with cold drinks...girlhaley, jagugu88li, swann, Lawlahdey n Lleigh join me oooo can't finish it alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2016
Adesina12:

Thanks bae
Just opened the story
Still have a bag of sweet popcorn with cold drinks...girlhaley, jagugu88li, swann, Lawlahdey n Lleigh join me oooo can't finish it alone

Hello Adesina12 how are you?
Lots of questions. ...it will all come out soon
Re: The River by girlhaley(f): 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2016
Adesina12:

Thanks bae
Just opened the story

Thanks honey.......oya let's share am together

This one will actually last a lifetime in that office......pokeNosers

Oya Eliora......come take my power bike......fuel dey inside.......make u rush down to Maggie place oo

Lleigh.... Nice nice nice

Btw.....adesewa,have u read Halloween haunting by greg42......if no.....u should read........

Ma'am Lleigh is sight you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
^^ ...so you'll just quote me, way before I even start typing?

Eliora will see mama Maggy, obviously.

The one person I'm instrested in is T.J and the ultimate karma for uncle. I'll wait for it, very impatiently grin

Bigup Leigh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
jagugu88li:
^^ ...so you'll just quote me, way before I even start typing?

Eliora will see mama Maggy, obviously.

The one person I'm instrested in is T.J and the ultimate karma for uncle. I'll wait for it, very impatiently grin

Bigup Leigh!

Hi jagugu88li patience is a virtue....unless it's updates cheesy
Nothing I am afraid till weekend. ...I am travelling
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2016
girlhaley:

Thanks honey.......oya let's share am together

This one will actually last a lifetime in that office......pokeNosers

Oya Eliora......come take my power bike......fuel dey inside.......make u rush down to Maggie place oo

Lleigh.... Nice nice nice

Btw.....adesewa,have u read Halloween haunting by greg42......if no.....u should read........

Ma'am Lleigh is sight you

Girlhaley I sight you too...thank you. ...
Re: The River by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2016
Lleigh:

Hi jagugu88li patience is a virtue....unless it's updates cheesy
Nothing I am afraid till weekend. ...I am travelling
Hit me with grammar, its fine. I'll be here till the end.

Travel safe dear, NL litterateur family needs you....safe and sound.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 10:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
jagugu88li:
Hit me with grammar, its fine. I'll be here till the end.

Travel safe dear, NL litterateur family needs you....safe and sound.

Thank you jaguju88li
Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:08pm On Dec 12, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by girlhaley(f): 9:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ma'am

I'm here

Guess you are typing already

Swann......bring that grilled meat here

Jagugu88li......I need that cold Baileys

Thumbs up Lleigh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
Chapter 13

Devine put his head through Eliora’s door ‘a body has been washed up on the beach in town. They think it might be related to one of the cases you are reviewing. I need you to go down and interview the man who found the body’

‘Get down there as soon as possible, let me know if you need anything’ as he headed out of her office.

Eliora quickly shut down her computer and headed out of her office. The island of Sheppey, was 30 miles long and the beach ran from Sheerness to Leysdown.
The island had been the beach of choice for a lot of Londoners before the allure of the cheap flights to Spain had taken holiday makers away from the island, since then it had slipped into genteel decline, the high street was home to more charity shops than high street multiples.

The body had washed up near the Tesco end of the beach. Eliora parked in the car park near the sand pit, it was not hard to find out where the body had been found as there were people standing in groups near the steps leading to the beach.

This had been blocked off by a police officer, keeping the nosy people at bay.

Eliora changed her shoes for the boots she kept in her boot, no point spoiling her shoes. She locked the car and walked over. As she tried to cut through the crowds she could hear people talking at her saying where did she think she was going.

She approached the police officer standing in front of the police tape by the steps.

‘Excuse me Miss, no one is allowed through’ trying to scare her off with a stern look.

‘Officer Lucas’ showing her badge.

‘I need to see the body and speak to the witness who made the discovery.

‘Sorry Ma’am’ the PC spluttered, surprise clearly mirrored on his face.

‘The Doctor is on the scene and the witness is with PC Patel on the left as you go down the steps’

Eliora noticed some people looking at her and pointing wondering who she was, it was only a matter of time before the media descended on the town she thought to herself as she took the steps and she needed to be out of here before that happened.
She couldn't afford to have her face posted on social media, she was here to hide.

Sheerness beach was more rock beach than sand and was quite popular with the locals. The PC must have radioed through as she got a better reception from the other PC standing next to the witness.

She could see activity a few feet further up, but she turned her attention to the man sitting on the sand with a dog beside him.

‘Officer Lucas’ she said introducing herself to the man, he was in his 60’s, balding and thickening around the waist. He looked dazed and a bit pale.

‘I am Colin Shirl, it was Buster who saw it’ pointing to the dog.

Eliora noticed that the dog turned its head towards her as if it had something to say.
That would be the day she thought and sighed, could things get weirder.

‘Buster was barking at something near the edge of the water, I thought it was a bundle of clothes, but as I looked closer I saw that it looked like a child, but the stomach had a big gash. I could not get over the shock and brought up my lunch nearby before I calmed down enough to call the police’ grimacing.

‘Did you notice anything else’ Eliora asked as she wrote the information in her notebook.

‘Not really, it could be due the exceptionally high tide we had yesterday.’

‘But who would do something like that to a child? There was another one like that years ago, they found that near the Rochester, they said that he was used for rituals’

‘Those people are animals, we should send them away,’ realising what he had just said, he tried to apologise.

Eliora went on writing in her notebook – she could hear all his thoughts. ‘these people are animals, how can they do this to children. they never caught the person who did the last one.’

Eliora closed her notebook, ‘here is my card, if you think of anything else, please don’t hesitate to call me. You are free to go, if we have any more questions we will be in touch.’

Eliora walked over to where the Pathologist was examining at the body.

The area was teeming with SOCO people; a man in his late fifties was bent over what looked like a bundle of clothes.

He looked over his shoulder ‘Officer Lucas?’

‘Yes’ she replied, trying to get a closer look.

‘How long has the body been in the water Doctor?’ Eliora asked opening her notebook,

‘Can’t tell you that yet, will have to go back to the lab and perform more tests, however the heart and some other organs are missing,’ getting up and dusting down his paper gown.

‘Is it a boy or girl?’

‘A young woman actually,’ he replied.

‘Do you think the body was dumped here or washed ashore Doctor?’ Eliora asked.

‘Body was washed ashore; there was a very high tide last night. It might be advisable to get the boat people and some divers to see if they can dredge any thing else up in the water. It’s going to be a very big watery crime scene.’ his face looking very sombre.

Eliora bent closer to the remains; bent down to get a better look at the body. The body looked like a rubbery toy that had been left out for long time. There was no head, the big gash on the torso made it look horrible. Water seeped from the gap where the heart and the other bits should have been. There was no blood, which was testament to the fact the body could have been in the water for a long time.

Eliora was overcome by a feeling of light headiness, followed by the hairs on her arms tingling, getting to her feet she saw the boy, standing not too far away, glaring at her with anger on his face.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The River by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
I promise to catch up on this story as soon as i can but until then i acknowledge all my dedications and mentions smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
swann:
I promise to catch up on this story as soon as i can but until then i acknowledge all my dedications and mentions smiley smiley

aaw thank you swann

there is just too much to catch up on and read cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
Lleigh:

@last

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
Prinxxdave:

@last

Prinxxdave sorry for the lateness
Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
Lleigh add something na... After starving us for days......................

Nice one sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2016

Nice one sha

1 Like

Re: The River by Prinxxdave: 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2016

Nice one sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
Prinxxdave:

Nice one sha

Prinxxdave I will drop another update tomorrow evening...
Re: The River by Zehner(f): 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2016
Lleigh o....so i came across "Adams story" on list verse and i realised that's where you got some part of this write up from, googled further and i found out the poor boys real name was "Ikponwonsa" and found some chilling facts.. cry....Gosh how could people be so wicked. And ritual in London too, i can't believe it. Indeed evil has no specific location. I feel so sad.

Thumbs up dear. You truly are an amazing writer and you research well too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
Zehner:
Lleigh o....so i came across "Adams story" on list verse and i realised that's where you got some part of this write up from, googled further and i found out the poor boys real name was "Ikponwonsa" and found some chilling facts.. cry....Gosh how could people be so wicked. And ritual in London too, i can't believe it. Indeed evil has no specific location. I feel so sad.

Thumbs up dear. You truly are an amazing writer and you research well too.

Hi Zehner, yes it is sad the evil men can do.

I always do a ton of research on all my stories, hence why it takes time before I update smiley
Thank you for reading, I hope you stay to the end of the story
Re: The River by Zehner(f): 8:31pm On Dec 14, 2016
Lleigh:

Hi Zehner, yes it is sad the evil men can do.

I always do a ton of research on all my stories, hence why it takes time before I update smiley
Thank you for reading, I hope you stay to the end of the story
I definitely am....glued to all your stories grin u haf use jazz on me tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The River by Lleigh(f): 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2016
Zehner:
I definitely am....glued to all your stories grin u haf use jazz on me tongue

about to add an update cheesy
Re: The River by Zehner(f): 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2016
Lleigh:

about to add an update cheesy
yaaaaay!!!! kiss

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Tears Of A Soldier............ A Military War Story / Love Cycle [pre-destiny] / US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.