Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,263 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). (89668 Views)

COVID –19: Frank Commends Patriotic Nigerians, Corporate Bodies On Donations, Wa / Nigerian 'Rubber Kids' Can Twist Their Bodies Like Snake, Featured On BBC / Barbaric! ISIS Executes 145 Civilians, Hangs Bodies On Electric Poles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
jagugu88li:
aaahhhh this guy, scared of heights? What's with people and heights Na...I'm ready when you are. I always say if a person tries bungee jumping or a zip line, then the rest is ........the rest
Are you a daredevil?

1 Like

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
Haute:

Are you a daredevil?
Naaa, wildlife and extreme sports.....we good. I bake too grin

3 Likes

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by Wildcards(m): 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
adedayo3193:

Just tie a camera on you when u want to climb it,xo that we can locate ur c****e and give you a proper burial grin

Lol
No wahala.
I'd probably outlive you though

2 Likes

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by Wildcards(m): 3:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
jagugu88li:
aaahhhh this guy, scared of heights? What's with people and heights Na...I'm ready when you are. I always say if a person tries bungee jumping or a zip line, then the rest is ........the rest

It's not like I sat down one day and decided to become afraid of heights...I've just always had the fear, for as long as I can remember (and oh, I'm scared of snakes and enclosed places too).

I'm however making conscious efforts to overcome my fears...so help me God!

1 Like

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by armadeo(m): 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
knightling3:
was it necessary

I tire oh.

In those days they would leave skeletons as a warning to trespassers. Now person see dead body continue on the way.

Lol.

8 Likes

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by Udochee(m): 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
at least me&my guys have summited the hills of èrin-íjesha falls and we descended successfully.
olumo rock & idanre hills are the next on the list. afterall na part of climbing...

8 Likes

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by Explorers(m): 5:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
Udochee:
at least me&my guys have summited the hills of èrin-íjesha falls and we descended successfully.
olumo rock & idanre hills are the next on the list. afterall na part of climbing...

Abi o, climbing na climbing na. E sa no get other name.

3 Likes

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by Dexema(m): 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
Nice one explorers, you could also create a thread on K2, the world's second highest mountain in China.

1 Like

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
jagugu88li:
Naaa, wild life and extreme sports.....we good. I bake too grin

Oh, so you're a Masai warrior then. cheesy
Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by adedayo3193(m): 5:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
armadeo:

I tire oh.

In those days they would leave skeletons as a warning to trespassers. Now person see dead body continue on the way.

Lol.

Lool grin
Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by oyetpel(m): 6:00pm On Oct 20, 2016
There is a movie titled 'Everest ', it was released in 2015 and It is based on the real events of the 1996 Mount Everest disaster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by sisisioge: 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
Explorers:
This is one of the several bodies that have been found high up on the mountain and never identified.

Haaa! Na real wa o. I just can't fathom the reason anyone would leave the comfort of his or her home for stress and possible death in the name of adventure. It is well o.

2 Likes

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by oyetpel(m): 6:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
Also there is a documentary film titles "Sherpa", it was also released in 2015 and It was filmed during the 2014 Mount Everest ice avalanche.

1 Like

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by oyetpel(m): 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
Everest and Sherpa, very interesting movie about Mount Everest

4 Likes

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by Explorers(m): 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2016
sisisioge:

Haaa! Na real wa o. I just can't fathom the reason anyone would leave the comfort of his or her home for stress and possible death in the name of adventure. It is well o.

Thats white for you, they derives fun going to the extreme.

2 Likes

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 20, 2016
This expediction is best recommended for people who feel like committing suicide.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by ReorxTohGan(m): 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
Shey Be Na The Mountain's Summit Dy Wan Reach Then Why Dey Nat Use A 'Copter To Geh Dia??..Oyinbos And Stupidity Sef

1 Like

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by oyetpel(m): 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2016
ReorxTohGan:
Shey Be Na The Mountain's Summit Dy Wan Reach Then Why Dey Nat Use A 'Copter To Geh Dia??..Oyinbos And Stupidity Sef
I'd to explain to you, but watch EVEREST and you will see that a helicopter can't get to the summit even helicopter can't reach camp 3. Why? Because the air at those heights are very THIN, it will blow any aircraft or helicopter away.

4 Likes

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by braithwaite(m): 7:54pm On Oct 20, 2016
adedayo3193:

Help me tell cc: braithwaite o

1 Like

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by braithwaite(m): 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
adedayo3193:

Forget joor..
No late comer fo history.. na everybody go grab em own

2 Likes

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by braithwaite(m): 7:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
adedayo3193:

Your mate dey climb mountain everest,na olumo rock u dey climb.u no dey shame?

See mawt.. ah no geh shame at all.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by ReorxTohGan(m): 8:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
oyetpel:

I'd to explain to you, but watch EVEREST and you will see that a helicopter can't get to the summit even helicopter can't reach camp 3. Why? Because the air at those heights are very THIN, it will blow any aircraft or helicopter away.
buh Still Why Do They Climb It,it's not Like Treasures Are On It Anyway

3 Likes

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by Ishilove: 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
Explorers:
George Mallory was a British schoolteacher who was born in 1886.

A naturally gifted mountain climber, he often climbed in the Alps and Wales. In 1921 and 1922, he was part of two of the first major expeditions to climb Everest.

The first one in 1921 was more to map out the mountain and the second expedition a year later came to an end after an avalanche killed seven people on Mallory’s team.

In 1924, Mallory was chosen for a third expedition. Just before he was about to set off, Mallory was asked why would anyone want to climb Everest andhe famously replied, “Because it’s there.”

On June 6, Mallory and another mountain climber named Andrew Irvine started their ascent and by June 8th, they had reached an altitude of 26,800 feet (the highest peak of Everest is 29,029 ft). They set off on the morning of June 8 to the summit and that was the last time that anyone saw themalive.

It’s unclear if Mallory and/or Irvine reached the peak. Mallory’s body was found in 1975 by Chinese climbers at 26,760 feet, but Irvine’s body was never found.

It’s believed that Mallory died from a bad fall. His body is still relatively well preserved, considering his body has been lying there for over 90 years.

Everest wouldn’t be conquered until 1953, when Sir Edmund Hillaryand Tenzing Norgay reached the summit.

http://www.toptenz.net/10-people-who-never-left-mount-everest.php
I was waiting for this! The story of Mt Everest is incomplete without these two. They're a creepy reference point to the terrible sacrifices humans make to conquer nature.

I first read about them in primary school and these grim words have stuck in my memory:

"...and they were never seen again..."

8 Likes

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by 1miccza: 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
Why in Chineke God's name would someone use his or her own hard earned dollar in these time of Buhari to climb to their death bikonu. If i desperately feel like climbing, i will climb the grand father's chair in my house kilode!!!!!!!!!!!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by Ishilove: 8:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
adedayo3193:

Lol

1 Like

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by oyetpel(m): 8:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
ReorxTohGan:
buh Still Why Do They Climb It,it's not Like Treasures Are On It Anyway
So many things are attached to climbinh Mt Everest.

1) Some go there because they are depressed. So they go there to away from there normal life.

2) To some, it's a promise that they want to fulfill

3) To some like explorer said, is to break record, to get to where other people have not been before.

4) To some its the thrill, the party at the base camp, meeting people who have been to the summit, make history, sight seeing, of course Mt Everest is a wonder, the highest point on earth.

5) Nepal is rich because of this shiit, and its also a source of income to the Sherpas.

6) Even geographers go there to study the mountain.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by Ishilove: 8:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
Explorers:

The whites are after breaking records, making history, names, doing what no one has ever done, and seeing what no one has ever seen even if its going to cost them their lives. And thats why they are flying.

But we, all we want is a paper(Degree)even if we cant make a practical of whats on the paper, get a job/business, get a car, house, get married, have kids, and die.

My brother, it is someone who has eaten to his satisfaction that will think of breaking records and doing what no other person has done. We're too busy trying to make ends meet to bother about making history.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by braithwaite(m): 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2016

1 Like

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by deflover(m): 9:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
oyetpel:

So many things are attached to climbinh Mt Everest.

1) Some go there because they are depressed. So they go there to away from there normal life.

2) To some, it's a promise that they want to fulfill

3) To some like explorer said, is to break record, to get to where other people have not been before.

4) To some its the thrill, the party at the base camp, meeting people who have been to the summit, make history, sight seeing, of course Mt Everest is a wonder, the highest point on earth.

5) Nepal is rich because of this shiit, and its also a source of income to the Sherpas.

6) Even geographers go there to study the mountain.

Nepal is not rich sir
it's one of the world's poorest countries

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by oyetpel(m): 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2016
deflover:

Nepal is not rich sir
it's one of the world's poorest countries
I didn't say Nepal is rich, what i meant is that foreigners coming into their country to climb Mt Everest, is one of Nepal's major revenue generator. Like our oil. I didn't mean they are rich country.

5 Likes

Re: Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). by ayobase(m): 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
Explorers:

Thats white for you, they derives fun going to the extreme.
You guys fit raise me about $90,000 to go climb?
The thing dey sweet my belle.
I wan be the first Nigerian wey go climb.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Nairaland Female Members' Pictures Say To Me. / Man Sitting On Nothing Seen In Ikeja (Shocking Photo) / The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.