Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

This Oyibo Woman Came To Nigeria To Meet The Young Boy Who Scammed Her Of €1000 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Oyibo Woman Came To Nigeria To Meet The Young Boy Who Scammed Her Of €1000 (1431 Views)

Parents, Don't Allow Your Kids To Run To Meet You When You Return Home. See Why / Photos Of A Boy Who Takes His Disabled Mum To Work Daily Before Going To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Oyibo Woman Came To Nigeria To Meet The Young Boy Who Scammed Her Of €1000 by edimalo(m): 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2016

When Maria Grette first discovered that the 58-year-old Danish man with whom she had fallen in love was actually a 24-year-old Nigerian "419" internet scammer, the 62-year-old Swede was distraught. But, soon, her feelings changed.

"The most terrible thing was not that he had cheated me, but that he had lost his innocence," she said.

She became consumed with what she describes as "a profound need to make a difference to the people of Nigeria".

Ms Grette's relationship with Johnny (not his real name) began after an evening of fun and games with her girlfriends, during which they playfully created a profile for her on an online dating website. A few years before, she had gone through a traumatic divorce, and her friends teased her about finally starting a new relationship.

After three months of communicating, the man agreed to come over and visit her in Sweden. But before that, he and his son needed to make a quick trip to Nigeria for a job interview, he said.

Johnny called to let her know that he was at Heathrow Airport. And to say that he had landed in Nigeria. He also got her to speak with Nick. The next phone call was to tell her that he was in a Lagos hospital.

They had been mugged, his son shot in the head, and they were without money and papers.

Unfortunately, his bank did not have a branch in Africa, he added, so it would take time to transfer money from his UK account. Meanwhile, the hospital management was requesting €1000 to proceed with treatment.
"Honey, I am happy to hear from you and I am still at the hospital. The doctor said we where lucky we where not kidnapped. The bank does not have a location in Africa, so it will take time to get money and the management are requesting 1000 euros to proceed with treatment. Nick is all I have got and I will not forgive myself if anything happens to him. I am confused, and I do not know where to turn at the moment......"

"I will never forget how I rushed to the Western Union office, trembling while I did the transfer," Ms Grette said.

"All I could think of was to get the two persons in Nigeria out of danger."

The plot developed after that initial transfer. Medical complications called for more money. The doctors demanded more advance fees.

Several thousands of euro later, in what she describes as "coming to her senses", Maria realised that something was amiss.

She stopped responding to his messages.

More Details; http://techflave.com/2016/10/20/went-nigeria-meet-man-scammed-oyibo-woman-came-nigeria-meet-young-boy-scammed-e1000/
Re: This Oyibo Woman Came To Nigeria To Meet The Young Boy Who Scammed Her Of €1000 by enoqueen: 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2016
The full gist don de front page.

I am not clicking that shit.

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Fallacy: The Hypocrisy In Monogamy / I Am Happy & In Love: But I Have To Break Up With Her! / Family Planning Methods.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.