Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo (31395 Views)

If Buhari Is Declared Dead, Plan Is For Osinbajo To Appoint El-Rufai As VP - FFK / Osinbajo Was Nominated As VP By Governors And Senators - Against The Run Of Play / 2015: Tinubu Wanted To Be VP, Opposed Osinbajo As VP - Buhari's Authorized Bio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by Jaymaxxy(m): 4:14pm On Oct 20, 2016
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Wednesday night cleverly avoided to be dragged into the raging controversy over who nominated him to be President Muhammadu Buhari’s running mate in the 2015 presidential election. 

Although he confirmed that “somebody somewhere” must nominate one before occupying a position, Osinbajo refrained from disclosing who nominated him. 

Controversy broke out recently when the author of Buhari’s biography, “Muhammadu Buhari: The Challenges of Leadership in Nigeria”, Prof. John Paden, claimed in the book that the President chose Osinbajo as his running mate despite the alleged opposition of a national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

Despite the general belief that Tinubu was instrumental to the emergence of Osinbajo who served as his Attorney-General when he (Tinubu) was the governor of Lagos State, the author claimed that the names of Tinubu; the then Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola; and Osinbajo were forwarded to Buhari for him to pick a running mate shortly after he emerged the party’s candidate at its convention in Lagos. 

The author claimed that Buhari chose Osinbajo above others despite enormous pressure from Tinubu to do otherwise. 

Tinubu’s loyalists have since faulted the account of the author, saying he (Tinubu) nominated the Vice-President.

Speaking at a dinner organised for former Niger Delta agitators at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Osinbajo made a veiled reference to the controversy when he admitted that he was nominated by “somebody somewhere.”

He said, “I was in a group of young men and women and one of them asked the question how did I become Vice President?

“I was never a politician or anything like that. So I tried to explain it is quite simple that someone somewhere has to recommend you. 

“Somebody somewhere has to give you a helping hand, whether to be a Vice President or to be an aircraft pilot or to be an engineer, somebody somewhere has to give you an opportunity.

“I think that all of you that are here today are the beneficiaries of the opportunities that you have somehow received. And this is why this event is so important. I think that it is one way we have to remind ourselves that we are bound as individuals to give opportunities to everyone.”

Osinbajo said all Nigerians, including the future generation, will remain losers once Niger Delta militants continue attacking oil and gas installations in the region. 

http://punchng.com/nominated-vp-somebody-somewhere-osinbajo/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ok as Prof Osibande... grin

I beg you to use your good office to represent the South very well in the next 3yrs. I know that your chance of becoming President is slim.

We are watching and your efforts (behind the curtain) don't go unnoticed.

Anyway, I can't believe what I am doing on this spot. Whao since May 2015 I have not been on this premium spot grin

Click like if you believe he was referring to Chief Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

67 Likes

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by ChappyChase: 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
And now you're just a mere commissioner whom his boss can't even pronounce his name right undecided undecided.

Mr. Osibande we all know Bubu was a dummy we thought you're gonna be the brain behind this government but we were wrong!

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
"I was never a politician or anything like that. So I tried to explain it is quite simple that someone somewhere has to recommend you." grin

South Western part of Nigeria sef shocked

Someone somewhere - in the other room. A man, woman, boy or girl? grin

Osinbade sef grin

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by DIKEnaWAR: 4:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
Mumu! AND it took you this long to talk.

Buhari is not a disappointment, Osinbajo is. We expected much from him, he has been fumbling.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by omonnakoda: 4:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
somebody somewhere in some other ROOM

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
Someone who stays in Bourdillion, right?

Osinbajo doesn't want to rock the boat. He has given an oblique response to Paden's barefaced lie.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by dunkem21(m): 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
Another weekly distraction .. cheesy

Very soon, #SomebodySomewhere go trend for twitter ..

..Next week, Jibrin go tell us how Dogara bought ice cream and Shawarma for the whole house undecided

Somebody should wake up these dudes from slumber and tell them they're in the second year already..

Dollar, Garri, Recession, Hunger dey and we are here talking about silly nomination..

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by Mujaheeeden: 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
Pastors are known to be bold and courageous yo speak out but our Vacant Pastor has now become a man that speaks with parables

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by Mujaheeeden: 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
bejeiodus:
Someone who stays in Bourdillion, right?

Osinbajo doesn't want to rock the boat. He has given an oblique response to Paden's barefaced lie.
Don't put our Vacant Pastor in trouble biko

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:

Buhari is not a disappointment, Osinbajo is. We expected much from him, he has been fumbling.
You expected much from a VP? You seem to be oblivious of the role of a VP. He can only have as much effect as his principal permits.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by sekundosekundo: 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2016
Na So

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by ASL33: 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2016
He just denied Tinubu in a subtle way. Watch out the coming days.

Bubu clique will demand him to mention the name of the person, so will Tinubu clique.

Who will PYO offend in the coming days?

A million dollar question.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by emamos: 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
ChappyChase:
And now you're just a mere commissioner whom his boss can't even pronounce his name right undecided undecided.

Mr. Osibande
smh 4 u..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by TheFreeOne: 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2016
'Somebody Somewhere' is a NOUN...the name of any person, animal, place or thing

So which one is it grin

I have never seen a political party doing so much harm to itself like APC and it's leaders...so much drama from strange bedfellows.

10 Likes

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by blackpanda: 4:30pm On Oct 20, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:

Wailer keep insulting people. Thats d only thing y'all are good at

7 Likes

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by RZArecta(m): 4:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
Dear Oga VP, how can you call a WHOLE jagaban "somebody somewhere" as if you've forgotten your masters name ?

7 Likes

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by dunkem21(m): 4:34pm On Oct 20, 2016
TheFreeOne:
'Somebody Somewhere' is a NOUN...the name of any person, animal, place or thing

So which one is it grin

This people take us as fools..The person's name is obviously shorter than 'Somebody Somewhere' but they chose to deceive their zombies..

..and the useless thread will make FP sad

4 Likes

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by borntosuccess(m): 4:34pm On Oct 20, 2016
small small d truth just dey come out dey knew all d way dat they scammed innocent citizens dat voted for them

3 Likes

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by TheFreeOne: 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
dunkem21:

This people take us as fools..The person's name is obviously shorter than 'Somebody Somewhere' but they chose to deceive their zombies..

..and the useless thread will make FP sad

VP Osinbanjo is scared of stating the obvious which show how polarised the party has become even zombies are so divided and confused now.

And worst of all Buhari and Aisha aren't on the same page...SMH

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by orisa37: 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
God Almighty nominated Osinbajo. Thesame God brought back Nigeria to "War Against Indiscipline Democracy" using Buhari as the Fulcrum of Concern to discipline Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by mytime24(f): 6:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
Somebody= (T......) lipsrsealed
Somewhere=D other RooM cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by emeijeh(m): 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
Thief-nubu you mean?

1 Like

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by YorubaStinks: 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
Crying little mere commissioner

Osibanjo thinks he's now Jackie Chan because he's chewing gworo and drinking Burukutu in Aso Rock with General Cassandra

In 2019 when you and Buhari's tenure ends, you will come to Lagos to cry and beg Tinubu to forgive you

6 Likes

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
it seems all these people are just Coming back to their senses

1 Like

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
Politics!
Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by anonimi: 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2016

3 Likes

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by Delicious22: 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
Sure, "someone" have to nominate a *mere commissioner*

Osunbande, how i wish you will cut ties with those demonic animals.

1 Like

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by MissingBudget: 7:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
Somebody in the other room? undecided
Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by dermmy(m): 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
lol...na comedians full this Aso rock

1 Like

Re: I Was Nominated As VP By ‘somebody Somewhere’ – Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
Atiku Abubakar(NE)

Goodluck Jonathan(SS)

Namadi Sambo(NW)

Yemi Osinbajo(SW)

God has not sent Someone Somewhere to nominate people from a certain region to occupy the the post of the VP, let alone Presidency. Even the Ijaw have had it better.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ganduje Bribery Video Part 3 Emerges / Boot Party Collapses Structure For Labour Party, Adopts Obi As Candidate / Why APC Panel Nullified Akeredolu’s Victory In Ondo Governorship Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.