Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory (47212 Views)

Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) / Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by elsomm(m): 3:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
Sanusi is fine...no homo
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
Simply majestic.
Long May he live.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 21, 2016
point of correction @OP, he is 40th oba of bini and not 39th.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by martineinstein(m): 3:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
MrPresident1:

No nahh, I was only providing an alternative answer grin
ok......oo
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Dreal11247: 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
cutelover19:

now I understand, amen to your prayer. next time try to be as explicit in your posts. have a pleasant day wink
God bless you and I pray you remain rapturable till Jesus comes in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by sukkot: 3:22pm On Oct 21, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Plus plenty , juju, cowries, jazz and powers hanging around the vicinity, chai, sad
their juju power no strong reach my own. wink
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 21, 2016
dragonking3:
The junior must always respect the senior that's why he is there.

Are you fuccccccccccccking serious right now?
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Born2Breed(f): 3:32pm On Oct 21, 2016
AuroraB:
Ogidigan
Like, onijagidijagan undecided
Please, someone, anyone, help me with the meaning sad

Greatest
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by MrPresident1: 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
Born2Breed:

Greatest

Yoruba was considered the language of the Benin elite, and was also the palace language until very recently.

Ogidigan's meaning is in Yoruba.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by championeh(m): 3:42pm On Oct 21, 2016
In fact he has additional 4 Virgins apart from the trio and only 1/7 would live with him in the palace. What i don't understand is how 'the other room would be managed
chydii:
His three wives won't still be enough for him. He will still look outside.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2016
Oba ghatò òkperé, isé
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Gerolamo(m): 4:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
MzMercie:
LONG LIVE THE KING!

LONG LIVE THE KING!

LONG LIVE THE KING!

The man sabi u? grin
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by iykekelvins(m): 4:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
AuroraB:
M'nwete gi eeeeeehn angry

grin
I me gini?? undecided grin
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by 4nobody4every1: 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
sukkot:
their juju power no strong reach my own. wink
True, all powers in heaven, earth and beneath the earth belongs to Jah and his servants, all other powers are beggarly powers wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Born2Breed(f): 4:06pm On Oct 21, 2016
O0ni:
The Ooni is starting to piss me off.

This same Bini kingdom never sent the crown prince nor did the king show up for the Ooni's coronation in Ife.

Yet, over the fact that he's just bored or has a problem with sitting in his palace, he has somehow managed to find his way to Bini just to appear in the news and hang out with Fulani kings.

Meanwhile, Junior but heavy weight kings in Yoruba land like Alaafin & Co were not there. Not even Owo king & Eleko, thrones with Bini influence, were there.

angry

Alaafin was duly represented and his excuses was accepted. Ooni has no reason not to be at the coronation of his cousin. The Late Oba of Benin was with his ancestors when Ooni was coronated if not he would have been there or be duly represented.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Ubenedictus(m): 4:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
MrPresident1:

Yoruba was considered the language of the Benin elite, and was also the palace language until very recently.

Ogidigan is benin, and the language of d palace is benin, a few guilds may have their own secret code language and it isnt yoruba
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by AuroraB(f): 4:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
iykekelvins:
I me gini?? undecided grin
eti e'm gi igba undecided
Juokwa ese grin
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by evansjeff(m): 4:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
what a time to be alive...Oba ghato kpere...iseeee!!!
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Born2Breed(f): 4:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
MrPresident1:

Stop confusing yourself with your jaundiced and infantile knowledge of history.

How come Yoruba was the language of the palace when Oramiyan spent less than 6 months in Benin and never set his eyes on his son Eweka?

Eweka was raised by his mother( a Benin princess) and loyal Benin chiefs with just two or three Yoruba chiefs sent by his Grand father Ekaladerhan aka Oduduwa.

One of the major reason Oramiyan left Edo was the unending civil war and his inabilty to understand the language.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by iykekelvins(m): 4:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
AuroraB:
eti e'm gi igba undecided
Juokwa ese grin
Hahahaha, m na amu amu na chinese undecided

M me gi ihe m ga eme gi. I yo wa biko
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by evansjeff(m): 4:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
Born2Breed:

Alaafin was duly represented and his excuses was accepted. Ooni has no reason not to be at the coronation of his cousin. The Late Oba of Benin was with his ancestors when Ooni was coronated if not he would have been there or be duly represented.
i agree with the last part, but for the Oba of Benin himself, he NEVER leaves the palace for any visit.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Born2Breed(f): 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Ogidigan is benin, and the language of d palace is benin, a few guilds may have their own secret code language and it isnt yoruba

Nor mind that guy. There still some konk Palace Benin dialect that even confuses the Bini's that are very fluent in Benin and Yoruba languages.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by AuroraB(f): 4:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
iykekelvins:
Hahahaha, m na amu amu na chinese undecided

M me gi ihe m ga eme gi. I yo wa biko
shocked shocked leluo! You don mean it cheesy
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Born2Breed(f): 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2016
evansjeff:
i agree with the last part, but for the Oba of Benin himself, he NEVER leaves the palace for any visit.

Oba leaves the Palace and has done so on several occasions before his demise, even his father Oba Akenzua did same but it must be for a very IMPORTANT issue.
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by iykekelvins(m): 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2016
AuroraB:
shocked shocked leluo! You don mean it cheesy
You won try? grincheesy
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by AuroraB(f): 4:25pm On Oct 21, 2016
iykekelvins:
You won try? grincheesy
aga'm ku ihe sad
No be 'try' matter grin
Imakwa ndi anti bu undecided
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2016
AuroraB:
Ogidigan
Like, onijagidijagan undecided
Please, someone, anyone, help me with the meaning sad
Ewuare N'ogidigan means Ewuare the great.

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by iykekelvins(m): 4:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
AuroraB:
aga'm ku ihe sad
No be 'try' matter grin
Imakwa ndi anti bu undecided
Cheii!! No vex embarassed
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by MrPresident1: 4:48pm On Oct 21, 2016
Born2Breed:

Stop confusing yourself with your jaundiced and infantile knowledge of history.

How come Yoruba was the language of the palace when Oramiyan spent less than 6 months in Benin and never set his eyes on his son Eweka?

Eweka was raised by his mother( a Benin princess) and loyal Benin chiefs with just two or three Yoruba chiefs sent by his Grand father Ekaladerhan aka Oduduwa.

One of the major reason Oramiyan left Edo was the unending civil war and his inabilty to understand the language.

The Obaship of Benin is a dynasty, this dynasty descended from Oduduwa through Oranmiyan via Eweka the first.

dy·nas·ty
ˈdīnəstē/
noun
noun: dynasty; plural noun: dynasties

a line of hereditary rulers of a country.
"the Tang dynasty"
synonyms: bloodline, line, ancestral line, lineage, house, family, ancestry, descent, succession, genealogy, family tree;

Eweka was the love child between Oranmiyan and the Bini woman. Now listen well, it is a dynasty, OK? Dynasty. The Obaship of Benin is a dynasty descended from Oduduwa.

The Benin royal family hails from Ile-Ife and it is a dynasty.

“The Ekiokpagha treaty is the compulsory rent a new Oba-elect must pay before he is pronounced an Oba of Benin kingdom and before he is also allowed occupation of the Benin kingdom leased to Oba Eweka 1 by Ogiamien Erebo in 12.00AD.”

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by MrPresident1: 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2016
Ubenedictus:

Provide the etymology of the word in Bini.

'Ogidigan' is Yoruba, everyone knows what 'Ogidigan' means in Yoruba grin

Up till 1939, Yoruba was the official language of the palace in Benin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by LordAdam: 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2016
MrPresident1:

Provide the etymology of the word in Bini.

'Ogidigan' is Yoruba, everyone knows what 'Ogidigan' means in Yoruba grin

Up till 1939, Yoruba was the official language of the palace in Benin

Bring your proof that Yoruba was the official language of the Bini palace until 1939?

By proof I mean the quote of a venerated historian, excerpt from a book, or a verifiable online resource.

-Lord
Re: Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory by MzMercie: 5:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
Gerolamo:

The man sabi u? grin
e concern u? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Happy Birthday' In Igbo? / Bini Insults! / Alaafin Gifts Daughter, Princess Zainab, Car For Graduating With First Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.