Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,618 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators (14306 Views)

COVID-19: MC Oluomo Issues Warning To Transport Operators / Ibadan Tricycle Operators Protest Passenger Policy As 50 Defaulters Face Trial / These 5 Airlines Have The Most Attractive Flight Attendants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by ezechueze(m): 8:20am On Oct 21, 2016
OK
Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by ceeethru(m): 8:22am On Oct 21, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:

Why don't you digest the news first before adducing your defensive war tools..

FYI; the news is not against ur pay masters this time but a holistic analysis on Airlines in Nigeria that span for over 30years..

Take it easy, we all understand you are trying to earn your Garri but, also consider those who the ineptitude of the these politicians and the policies they churn out is effecting their own 'Okpa'..

Stop rushing to defend the indefensible, allow some little criticism here and there sometime, you could agree with me it's equally important to help these guys queue up sometimes for the interests of all..
Not his fault. Most Nigerians are lazy to read. Instead of them to read the article thoroughly, they just throw comments with the headlines. #smh

1 Like

Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by enigma2007(m): 8:22am On Oct 21, 2016
uchuks51:
Thanks to Sai baba

Read the news carefully now then follow the link below to get the list of airlines that have folded up in Nigeria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_airlines_of_Nigeria

Not everything is about Buhari
Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by sunnyside16(m): 8:24am On Oct 21, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
Whatever that must be done should be done fast..

As is right now in Nigeria, we can't boast of any reliable /affordable means of transportation..

What is the job of politician in Nigeria 'seeeef'?

better you put it this way "what is the job of the National Assembly" foolish people everywhere in Nigeria public office

1 Like

Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by enigma2007(m): 8:26am On Oct 21, 2016
modath:

47? Really? shocked Ok we gree.. but what are their names and routes they ply? How many daily/weekly scheduled flights? Business model etc

People just throw out figures with nothing tangible to back up... cool .... Methinks, private jet owners /operators are 90% of this spurious figure.

Good points Modath. The honest truth is that most Nigerian companies or businesses are badly run though the effect of operating environment(s) can be devastating as well.

1 Like

Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by Bjergtrolde: 8:31am On Oct 21, 2016
modath:

47? Really? shocked Ok we gree.. but what are their names and routes they ply? How many daily/weekly scheduled flights? Business model etc

People just throw out figures with nothing tangible to back up... cool .... Methinks, private jet owners /operators are 90% of this spurious figure.

I think its lazy journalism. I actually expected to read the names of the airlines that have collapsed but was disappointed. I think this type of reporting may be due to intellectual laziness of Nigerians. The type that would believe that DSS found 2million Naira or abi dollars in the house of a Judge that they had no access to.

Nigeria we hail thee!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by kinzation(m): 8:37am On Oct 21, 2016
Then let's use the AWON IYAMI OSORONGA AIRLINES#WITCHCRAFT witchcraft Aircraft all are Craft so far dey are flying
Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by sorepco(m): 8:47am On Oct 21, 2016
My brother when i opened this thread i tot i will c the names of the airlines and the year they went out of business. It seems a jj2 student wrote the report. No concrete verifiable details....just hyperbole and figures bandied around to win the sympathy of the assmbly members.

CHIJIOKE1314:

FYI; the news is not against ur pay masters this time but a holistic analysis on Airlines in Nigeria that span for over 30years..

Take it easy, we all understand you are trying to earn your Garri but, also consider those who the ineptitude of the these politicians and the policies they churn out is effecting their own 'Okpa'..

Stop rushing to defend the indefensible, allow some little criticism here and there sometime, you could agree with me it's equally important to help these guys queue up sometimes for the interests of all..
Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by otokx(m): 8:49am On Oct 21, 2016
Most of the airlines were and are being grounded by bad management which pay themselves extravagant salaries but tell the others to wait.

Imagine taking bank loans to pay excellent salaries instead of maintaining and expanding their services.
Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by onatisi(m): 8:51am On Oct 21, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:

You sef you get time .some ppls comments are better ignored.
But back to the topic ,why would any sane business man invest his money in Nigeria aviation sector? It is madness,all of them are running at losses ,where is kabo airline,Okada,concord,bellview ,slok and many many others. It is better to invest in Liberia aviation or even Gambia than in Nigeria . The market is there in Nigeria but the policies and business environment are all wrong

1 Like

Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by CHIJIOKE1314: 9:02am On Oct 21, 2016
sorepco:
My brother when i opened this thread i tot i will c the names of the airlines and the year they went out of business. It seems a jj2 student wrote the report. No concrete verifiable details....just hyperbole and figures bandied around to win the sympathy of the assmbly members.

This is just a summary (news), not the actual report that was presented to the house, so you shouldn't expect every detail as reflected by the original report.

Though, I agree the writer would have inculcate some of this illustrations so as to refresh the memories of his readers...

But that won't make us discard the reportage as useless..

1 Like

Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 21, 2016
modath:

Who is your paymaster ? Should have known not to expect civility... Since i didn't read and would like to know, please give us 10 names of airlines that have collapsed within the last 5yrs, f you can't just list 5 ....

Will never fathom why your type and rudeness are siamese.. mtcheeew..cool

Just observed that you added this to increase the "LIKES" potential... Good job, the likes will flow into your bank account and when it does, you can help Mo with a kongo of garri.. cheesy cheesy

You can't help the crassitude smiley, but one day, you guys will come to terms with the fact that you can make your point without resorting to direct personal attacks...smiley

Who and what are you criticizing exactly? 30+yrs successive government or the most recent past or the present one? Be specific and also try to keep your story straight... Some of us see right through your intentions & will never allow you sell fluff in place of the right stuff.

Aunty, don't descend so low to explain intellectual phenomena to people like these, they do not deserve it as they would not understand.

They know they don't have facts, all they have are insults and sultry sentiments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by FakoMaybach1: 9:27am On Oct 21, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:

Take it easy, don't you think you are over stretching the matter?

First, it wasn't me that 'highlighted' the 30yrs..
Secondly, the report did not point out the reasons for the said fold-ups..

Again, establishment of NAMA has no bearing with the time airlines started operations in Nigeria..

Looking at the brighter side: this particular news isn't the main report presented to the house.. You are too clever to know the original report must have been detailed enough and may likely and surprisingly answer most of your questions..

Let's not dabble into matters that may confuse those looking upto us for a more concise analysis issue as important as this..

I apologise for my earlier vituperation on ur 'character'..

Good morning!

You for no apologize na..the kin ban wey modath for ban you eh,chai even as i dey type this i dey fear ban...modath abeg no ban me oo na play we dey play no be quarrel
Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by Orikinla(m): 9:33am On Oct 21, 2016
modath:

Don't mind the crooks and rogues.
Kangaroo airlines used for money laundering.
No I'll gotten dollars again, so they fold up.
FIE!
Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by Olumaeme: 9:58am On Oct 21, 2016
Our president says Investors are falling over themselves to invest in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by ttmacoy: 10:02am On Oct 21, 2016
The number is realistic over 30 years. Dont forget the Nigerian airline industry has always had a troubled history even before the current forex crisis.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_defunct_airlines_of_Nigeria

I remember the likes okada airlines, theirs was the first Boeing 747 I ever saw

modath:

1 Like

Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by nsogbuMod(m): 10:02am On Oct 21, 2016
dat one na for people wey d enter plane, me na molue tins oo

1 Like

Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by maina55: 10:06am On Oct 21, 2016
modath:

He you have find out the truth than coming here to criticize,,, when you carry out a research on it,,, you will know that they are actually right
Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by Charly68: 10:12am On Oct 21, 2016
Business climate is dynamic,a good entrepreneur should tailor his plan to cope with any eventuality..all the bla bla blame game the airlines are trading is uncalled for. We all know that Nigeria economy is sick,all hands must be on deck to revive it. This is the season to know friendly business companies .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by lailo: 10:13am On Oct 21, 2016
But those in Akwa Ibom can neva fold up.W-i-t-c-h-c-r-a-f-t
Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by CHIJIOKE1314: 10:16am On Oct 21, 2016
enigma2007:

Read the news carefully now then follow the link below to get the list of airlines that have folded up in Nigeria.

Not everything is about Buhari

Thanks for the link..

I will splash on FP..
Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by lordkhalifa(m): 10:38am On Oct 21, 2016
time will come when Buhari presidential fleet of jumbo jets will be the only flyable jet in our airspace, we are in austerity measures, collect from the poor masses and enrich their few wealthy friends... buhari is just a bad luck to Nigeria
Re: 47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators by Xynthialuvy(f): 11:07am On Oct 21, 2016
BossKratos:
grin

Otimpku...So as modath wan start to carry you do bokoto you don turn am to toasting and begging abi?

You for hear am today....no dey try remix facts for here in order to suit your narrative oh.... nobody dey play for this section!

Lmfao!
Hehehe

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Easiest Countries To Migrate To From Nigeria / Can One Be A Millionaire With Doing Menial Jobs In Germany? / Nigerian Travels To The Us In The Tyre Of A Plane!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.