Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,048 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors (9891 Views)

Ford's “Weather Factory” Test Centre Can Create Any Weather Condition You Want / How Much Is The Frsc Speed Limiting Device? / FRSC Set For Nationwide Enforcement Of Speed Limiting Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by mastermaestro(m): 9:44am On Oct 21, 2016
erayo2GCA:

oga na benin e happen

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by shadeyinka(m): 9:46am On Oct 21, 2016
KingRex1:
Okay the 2m seems exaggerated, but the whole thing is a nice concept still. Saving lives n creating jobs.

Over N450 billion Naira to be used in importation. How many jobs would this have created in Nigeria?

Our Government do not think

1 Like

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by sped1oro(m): 9:46am On Oct 21, 2016
The speed limiter will work perfectly if the orientation of Nigerian drivers is reinforced. Many of the commercial vehicle drivers are always under the influence of alcohol and drugs, so, even with speed limiter safety is still very low.
I propose a system whereby at every certain kilometers on our highway, there will be road safety officials with gadgets for alcohol detection, sleep detection and strict check on tyres of the vehicles. Most accident are caused greatly by these aforementioned factors, therefore, if government can make the Driver's license point deductible, any driver who violate safety rules will have points deducted from his Driver's license until he/she is banned from Driving, and if found to be driving after the ban, the culprit is then jailed without an option of fine because he/she may put people's lives at risk.
This is my submission.

4 Likes

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by Laid2001: 9:53am On Oct 21, 2016
This is arrant nonsense!
So we will be spending the scarce dollars on this shit, speed limiting my foot! we should rather spend these money on fixing the roads and providing infrastructure!
Can you imagine the pressure this will have on the dollars for all cars on our road to have this useless device!

1 Like

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by Genesis2000(m): 10:01am On Oct 21, 2016
KingRex1:
Okay the 2m seems exaggerated, but the whole thing is a nice concept still. Saving lives n creating jobs.

what if they have overspeed trackers installed in various locations, don't you think i could have made more sense that this nonsense?

What if i saw the signal and decided to ignore it?

Is there any vehicle that does not have a speed limit?

Even judging by the prizes in this recession.

Believe me this present government is actually confused. Quote me anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by Spyker: 10:13am On Oct 21, 2016
Our roads are not car worthy yet the government collects road worthiness tax. Our roads are unsafe yet they want to reduce our speed. Have you ever been chased by arm robbers or kidnappers? Do they think all Nigerians have access to police security? How many elites will put speed limiters? How many elites even did the tinted vehicle permits? The poor are being exploited.

1 Like

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by takenadoh: 10:14am On Oct 21, 2016
this speed limiting device is a failure on arrival,
firstly the roads are bad
2, you can't say becos of vandals speed cameras won't work, what happened to Solar power?

3: how many commercial vehicles actually have working speedometers in Nigeria?

4. 2 million jobs can't even be created by a new Telecoms company entering Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by kYjelly2: 10:14am On Oct 21, 2016
When we were younger, armed robbers actually chased after my mums car and by Gods grace, the driver was able to speed away very quickly.

So if they had speed limiters installed, what would have happened

These Nigerian officials are looking for nothing else but extortion! So much for the war against corruption.

So they stop you and start asking for:

-license
-Registration
-insurance
-road worthiness

(all fine by me, but wait, there more)

-C caution
-Fire Extinguisher
-and now, speed limiter undecided

who are we really kidding here

Isn't it better like it's done in the U.S, were police have speed guns and actually enforce speed limits

I guess the Nigerian police or road safety force are too damn lazy to approach enforcement with any kind of zeal, beyond setting up shady roadblocks.

ediotss!!!!!!

I will never get any kind of speed limiter as that will do more harm than good in my opinion.

I bet that within the next 5 years, some other policy will come up requiring new license plates and drivers licenses.

Confused ediots angry

1 Like

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by shadeyinka(m): 10:24am On Oct 21, 2016
sped1oro:
The speed limiter will work perfectly if the orientation of Nigerian drivers is reinforced. Many of the commercial vehicle drivers are always under the influence of alcohol and drugs, so, even with speed limiter safety is still very low.
I propose a system whereby at every certain kilometers on our highway, there will be road safety officials with gadgets for alcohol detection, sleep detection and strict check on tyres of the vehicles. Most accident are caused greatly by these aforementioned factors, therefore, if government can make the Driver's license point deductible, any driver who violate safety rules will have points deducted from his Driver's license until he/she is banned from Driving, and if found to be driving after the ban, the culprit is then jailed without an option of fine because he/she may put people's lives at risk.
This is my submission.

Even though I know that most of the accidents are caused by over speeding, I am mad at the FG. They leave the most important of building good roads and maintaining it to push the responsibility of road safety to the average Nigerians.

The REAL truth is that some people high at the top are hedging for the 5 -20% commission they will receive from the importation of the speed limiter.

A basic speed limiter can be as cheap as N5000 but they went for an advanced one that costs a minimum of N35,000.

The top brass of the FRSC are only interested in their cut from over N450 billion Naira to be used in importing the speed limiter, they don't care a bit about the average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by Genesis2000(m): 10:26am On Oct 21, 2016
I actually wanted to know how speedlimit saves live exactly?

Lets look at it this way. If i sees the the red signal and decided to ignore it and keep on moving what happens?

Does it mean that i might be running overspeed without know?

Lastly is there any vehicle that does not have speedlimit at default?

The whole things still boiled down to drivers and how careful they were.

This could be another avenue form this people to make more money for themselves.

If you actually wanted to save lives and stop overspeeding, why don't you installed an overspeed tracker like traffic light into various places, which will be able to track any offenders, that would have make more sense than this nonsense.

Moreover judging by the costs in this recession, we will not take it.

1 Like

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by willoski(m): 10:47am On Oct 21, 2016
If we have good roads and security is guarantied on our roads, i will not object to this speed limiter stuff. Even if i support the speed limiter installed in our vehicles for safety reasons at least to cut down the level of accidents on our roads, they will still use it to extort money from the already extorted Nigerians. The process has not even been fully implemented, it has already been monopolized. Selfish policies that will enrich a few and enslave a whole lot.

1 Like

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by pennyland(m): 10:54am On Oct 21, 2016
where is the money when people are eating from hand to mouth,when people are still coping with the increased in fuel pump price,no road,school fees increasing,house rent,dollar name them.FRSC be careful as some of your law introduction like helmet can be traced to rising of boko haram in Borono state,

1 Like

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by Hope1: 11:49am On Oct 21, 2016
Exactly what this is meant to solve. Why do we have to see lives lost before we embrace change? By the way, implementation of SLD is not new, it has always been in our laws, its just that government is just waking up to say no to avoidable carnage and attendant loss of lives on our roads.

MadCow1:
After seeing an accident happen live last week friday involving a commercial bus, I now fully support the implementation of the speed limiting devices and the checking of tires of all vehicles on the roads (especially commercial).

One second I was looking at a bus driving in the opposite direction, next second BOOM!!!! Bus is in the air, flipping and turning wildly, people being thrown out all open and broken widows, bodies spread across my lane of the road like spilled beans..

SO if these devices will save lives, I am all for it.
Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by shumuel(m): 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2016
Sigh... Why does this news reminds of that lie lie minister, from 2M jobs to 50K jobs, Lord save us from liers.

1 Like

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by PaulIdu: 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2016
Anyone that think these clan of criminals have any plan in limiting any speed needs to get his head checked because all the want is to hand you some cheap toy from China that wouldn't work and collect your 40 thousand naira to flex..any govt serious about accidents will first fix the roads and the set up speed cameras and traps that would fine drivers and time they exceed speed limits in areas that have limits

1 Like

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by shadeyinka(m): 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
Hope1:
Exactly what this is meant to solve. Why do we have to see lives lost before we embrace change? By the way, implementation of SLD is not new, it has always been in our laws, its just that government is just waking up to say no to avoidable carnage and attendant loss of lives on our roads.

Some of us don't drive above 100km/hr as a rule. Must we also cough out the money which isn't available anyway because some FRSC officers are planing for their retirement benefit and an opportunity to have a duplex in Asokoro and Maitama.

on the surface, it looks like a good idea BUT it is FRAUD

After the speed limiters, the FRSC will find something else to fleece the hard working simple Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by KingRex1(m): 6:33am On Oct 22, 2016
Genesis2000:

what if they have overspeed trackers installed in various locations, don't you think i could have made more sense that this nonsense?

What if i saw the signal and decided to ignore it?

Is there any vehicle that does not have a speed limit?

Even judging by the prizes in this recession.

Believe me this present government is actually confused. Quote me anywhere.
This stuff is mainly for car transport companies, where drivers are sanctioned for over speeding.
You say installed in different locations? Come on, You're only encouraging eye service.
Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by KingRex1(m): 6:34am On Oct 22, 2016
shadeyinka:

Over N450 billion Naira to be used in importation. How many jobs would this have created in Nigeria?

Our Government do not think
Haha, I see ur point bro.
Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by shadeyinka(m): 1:01pm On Oct 22, 2016
KingRex1:

Haha, I see ur point bro.

Its just a scam!
Re: Speed Limiting Device Vendors Can Create 2m Jobs — Vendors by Gentlelife50(m): 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2016
Misplaced priorities

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buying Or Getting ECU (brainbox)? Read This! / Importation Of Bullet Proof Cars Gets EUC Requirement / Custom Wahala For Every Car User :general Opinion Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.