Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Would You Quit Your Job? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Would You Quit Your Job? (9398 Views)

5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business / Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Quit Your Job? by CountDracula(m): 7:19am On Oct 24, 2016
seunoni34:

I'm about making that decision now. A bad boss is a pain in the *ss! They can drain you emotionally and psychologically and it can affect your potential and morale to do anything. They can kill your self esteem too. Even after work, you become useless @ home. I'm giving him till end of the year, I don't care I'm off his work train if he doesn't change.
even in this particularly hard times? I guess I should give more credit to nigerians...

2 Likes

Re: Would You Quit Your Job? by CountDracula(m): 7:21am On Oct 24, 2016
holatin:
Yes and No.
I use to have one when i see i cant tolerate it anylonger i jumped ship but unfortunately i met one worse, after sumtym quit again 4 another one.
The third too wasnt a lot different but very intelligent, had to stay and survive that.
Now on my own and no regret tolerating his behaviour
exactly see there's a question of discipline. the question that you don't just quit what you love because someone is making it difficult for u
Re: Would You Quit Your Job? by CountDracula(m): 7:23am On Oct 24, 2016
Ishilove:

Heck yeah. Done it before. No regrets.
but do you think that reflects well on both ur personality and ur CV? you might be seen as a quitter by some people. you left ur job because you had a hard time
Re: Would You Quit Your Job? by 007Gbenga: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2016
nmreports:

Okay but no disrespect, what are you doing now?

Working....got another job.....still watching them though for any kind of tricks. angry I have promised myself no one will make my life miserable because of one job. Abeg its not worth it. It because of this Nigerian employers do all kinds of rubbish with employees.

5 Likes

Re: Would You Quit Your Job? by nmreports: 8:45am On Oct 24, 2016
007Gbenga:

Working....got another job.....still watching them though for any kind of tricks. angry I have promised myself no one will make my life miserable because of one job. Abeg its not worth it. It because of this Nigerian employers do all kinds of rubbish with employees.

Great! I think you are a skilled worker.

1 Like

Re: Would You Quit Your Job? by 007Gbenga: 8:57am On Oct 24, 2016
Ratello:

If your boss is bad definitely one of his attributes is "delayed salaries" you should know this already. Bro just quit.

You nailed it bro. Believe me a bad boss will apply whatever tricks he can to make sure he doesn't pay you (1)....doesn't pay you on time (2)....or deduct from of your salary(3) for whatever reason he likes.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Quit Your Job? by 007Gbenga: 9:03am On Oct 24, 2016
nmreports:

Great! I think you are a skilled worker.

Brother it's the mercy of God and his favor. It's also good to work hard, be helpful to your other superiors and network properly while on the job. Even while i got this job one of my former superiors who left the same company because of our bad boss offered my another opportunity elsewhere. I'm still thinking about it.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Quit Your Job? by seunoni34(m): 11:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
CountDracula:

even in this particularly hard times? I guess I should give more credit to nigerians...
it's not about hard times bro. There are some things you just can't take for money.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Quit Your Job? by laudate: 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
Yomieluv:
yes I can leave a bad boss.

a bad boss will not only make life miserable, he can kill the potential,morale, and efficiency of his workers.

why work in a place,where you are treated less like a human.

abeg,let him keep his money.

my sanity matters.

its better I earn moderately, and have a peace of mind, than allow a bad boss drives me nut.

Seconded! Mental distress & infirmity is the most difficult thing to cure. Life no get duplicate.

CountDracula:

exactly see there's a question of discipline. the question that you don't just quit what you love because someone is making it difficult for u

Discipline ko, disciple ni. Some bosses can make you hate whatever it is that you love about the job. Pray that you never get to work for a sadistic boss.
Re: Would You Quit Your Job? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2016
I would because there are always better opportunities. We just need to open our inner eyes.
Re: Would You Quit Your Job? by aonenews(m): 8:03am On Nov 02, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Media Trust Honours 41 Of Its Staff With Promotion And Cash. / How Can I Pursue A Career In Public Health / The Plight Of Nigeria Workers And The NLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.