Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,104 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? (9457 Views)

5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / Lady Quits Her £50k Job To Start Her Own Business, Buys Her 1st House At 25 / 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by Ajaniopo: 6:41pm On Dec 06, 2016
I've been doing this 50k job since january.. At first after my Nysc I told my self I wasn't going to work for nobody..

So I started Catfish farming in a small way...

But along the line I got a contact job 2 months after I completed my Nysc.. The company is talking of making me a permanent staff by january 2017 but I am not loving the job.. All I want to do is go back to Catfish farming because That's where my heart and Love is.

Another mind Is giving me serious caution.. "If you quit, you aint coming back you know?

So the Big question pops up. Can you quit your job, to start your own Business?

I need Honest Views please...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by delishpot: 7:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
If you have the courage and the thirst for growth, then pursue your own dream. You must know that to grow, you have to be innovative and creative.
On the other hand, you could still run both. Work in the morning and then go check out your business after work. You would then have to employ aatrusted hand to handle affairs when you are away.

8 Likes

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by thesicilian: 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
I've been looking for money to start a business for years now, so I can finally quit my job
Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by Ajaniopo: 8:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
delishpot:
If you have the courage and the thirst for growth, ft hen pursue your own dream. You must know that to grow, you have to be innovative and creative.
On the other hand, you could still run both. Work in the morning and then go check out your business after work. You would then have to employ aatrusted hand to handle affairs when you are away.

Thanks for your honest contribution.. I think i am going to surmon courage and follow my own dream

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by delishpot: 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ajaniopo:

Thanks for your honest contribution.. I think i am going to surmon courage and follow my own dream
Welcome bro
Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by Icecomrade: 6:18am On Dec 08, 2016

Fish farming could be done by the side while take up a good paying job

9 Likes

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by TINALETC3(f): 6:19am On Dec 08, 2016
Y nt, ur own is ur own, working 4 Sumone is helping d person actualize his dream, and how wud u feel if anoda help u actualize Urs? Great rite??, go after ur dream

4 Likes

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by Jafar1: 6:19am On Dec 08, 2016
ofcos if the just is pure and profitable, why not

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by lonelydora: 6:22am On Dec 08, 2016
A big YES. It depends on the business.

Salary doesn't make one rich..........so says a saying.

3 Likes

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by Nutase: 6:22am On Dec 08, 2016
Hmmmm. Thinking about it.

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by Appliedmaths(m): 6:22am On Dec 08, 2016
Ajaniopo:
I've been doing this 50k job since january.. At first after my Nysc I told my self I wasn't going to work for nobody..

So I started Catfish farming in a small way...

But along the line I got a contact job 2 months after I completed my Nysc.. The company is talking of making me a permanent staff by january 2017 but I am not loving the job.. All I want to do is go back to Catfish farming because That's where my heart and Love is.

Another mind Is giving me serious caution.. "If you quit, you aint coming back you know?

So the Big question pops up. Can you quit your job, to start your own Business?

I need Honest Views please...

Nothing like having a day Job alongside a good biz. Look at the economy today? Businesses esp. Small scale are not funding life easy, na only salary earners dey fit cope. My point is balance the two... You can do it. I have a friend who owns a fish farm and still teaches in one good private school.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by remiopash: 6:23am On Dec 08, 2016
Pray to God for guidance .HE is the only one that knows the beginning and the end.WISDOM of God is the best.

8 Likes

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by VickyRotex(f): 6:24am On Dec 08, 2016
Appliedmaths:

Nothing like having a day Job alongside a good biz. Look at the economy today? Businesses esp. Small scale are not funding life easy, na only salary earners dey fit cope. My point is balance the two... You can do it. I have a friend who owns a fish farm and still teaches in one good private school.

I don't need to say anything again!

Op, Best Of Luck in making a decision!

5 Likes

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by FaithZion2(f): 6:27am On Dec 08, 2016
Carry on the two.........................

2 Likes

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by lovebird65(m): 6:27am On Dec 08, 2016
Nigerian cert is total bullshit better go back to biz and become Dangote

6 Likes

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by lobinche101(m): 6:36am On Dec 08, 2016
The only job I can quit for now is ultimate cycler. This thing rocks. When it was not popular, we make min of 150k every 3days now that its no1, imagine.
08061661935 is the no, call or text or chat... I will teach you how to do it and make better money. I have the secret, testimonies everywhere

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 6:38am On Dec 08, 2016
I have never dream of working for someone after graduation, because there is this saying that says salary dont make someone rich and as for me i want to be rich.

My guy continue the job for more years and save up more capital and ventures into your dream business.

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by golddealer(m): 6:39am On Dec 08, 2016
Am planning to do that latest by June 2017 by God's grace. My current work gives me time for other things so i want to use that opportunity to have my business smooth running then i can opt out as at the projected time.
@op, if you feel the worth to stay with your business, Go ahead

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by Mimzyy(f): 6:43am On Dec 08, 2016
Yes I will. Provided I've got the required fund to set it up.

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by queenfav(f): 6:46am On Dec 08, 2016
Well,it depends on whether the business is lucrative enough.Another factor to consider is whether you can effectively manage your business while working.I'd say keep your day job o..At least, that your 50k can help foot some bills in your life.I can only quit my job when I grow my business to a multimillion naira empire.For a startup,don't be in such a hurry to resign.In this economy, you need money coming from different angles to thrive.

#Ladies...Shop QUEENZHAIR for exotic human hair weaves and wigs..Our prices are unbeatable

2 Likes

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by leksmedia: 6:52am On Dec 08, 2016
Yes I once did now www.leksmediaconcept.com is now a global brand .

Contact us for your web design ,online branding and social media management

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by pointstores(m): 6:54am On Dec 08, 2016
if u are nt courageous bussiness is nt has easy has people say it what matters is the inner drive

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by dynamic006(m): 6:55am On Dec 08, 2016
Yes I can. but you know fish business might not give you money monthly as u are used to. thanks

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by Cooladex(m): 6:58am On Dec 08, 2016
I made this same decision 2 months ago. It wasn't easy but its worth it.
I'm my own boss now!

4 Likes

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by OlujobaSamuel: 7:00am On Dec 08, 2016
op, if you have the start up, pls do, i did and am not regretting, i did this year so i know how it is out there. you can cope bro. success

2 Likes

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by actrinity(m): 7:04am On Dec 08, 2016
Appliedmaths:

you've said it all. Thanks in a million. Op, it's now left for u to make a final decision.

2 Likes

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by NaLaugh: 7:05am On Dec 08, 2016
Quitting your 9-5 to either start or work full time on your business is the best decision you'll ever make.

However, you must have a solid course of action in place before making an exit.

Running an actual business isn't for the faint-hearted.

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by dollarlander: 7:10am On Dec 08, 2016
Ajaniopo:

Better.

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by repent4christ: 7:10am On Dec 08, 2016
Think well before jumping

1 Like

Re: Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? by Rainmaker69(m): 7:11am On Dec 08, 2016
Most Nigerians will probably advice you to keep your day job while you moonlight on your passion after hours. That advice sounds reasonable but it comes from a place of desperation and greed- it won't work. You can't serve 2 masters and love them equally, you will be found wanting somewhere. Thats how someone would spend 15 years in a banking sector job and expect to "hit the ground running" as a music artiste or as a producer. That's just funny. If you're really passionate about fish farming, you need to give it your all- start learning on the job right away. You will have to focus on your passion and turn it into a business.
Consult professionals widely- seek counsel from friends and family who are lawyers, accountants, business development and marketing consultants on how to grow your business. If you must quit, then be ready to give it your all, otherwise, don't even bother unless you wish to leave it the level of a hobby.
I made this decision about 9 years ago and haven't looked back since. Your greatest asset is your time and as an entrepreneur, you have the prerogative to determine how you invest it.
I wish you all the best.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Electrical Control Panel Design, Installation And Maintenance / Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day / I Don't Want To Be A Doctor The Words Nigerian Parent Does Not Want To Hear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.