Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

I Did Not Lead Umana To Justice Okoro’s House — Pastor Ukpong - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Lead Umana To Justice Okoro’s House — Pastor Ukpong (732 Views)

Okorocha Obtains CCTV Footage Of Wike And Justice Okoro's Illegal Meeting / Pastor Ukpong Denies Visiting Justice Okoro With Umana / Umana: "I Didn’t Try To Bribe Justice Okoro, He Lied" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Lead Umana To Justice Okoro’s House — Pastor Ukpong by agwom(m): 9:00am On Oct 21, 2016
Pastor Ebebe Ukpong has refuted the claim by Justice Inyang Okoro that he (Ukpong) led the former Akwa Ibom’s Secretary to the State Government and 2015 governorship candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC) in Akwa Ibom State, Umana Okon Umana, to his (Okoro) house to discuss issue of manipulating court judgments in favour of Umana.

Recall that Justice Okoro of the Supreme Court in a letter to the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Mahmud Mohammed, had alleged that Pastor Ukpong led Umana to his house.

“Umana also made the same request of assistance to win his appeal at the Supreme Court. Umana talked about ‘seeing’ the justices who would hear the appeal. Pastor (Dr.) Ebebe Ukpong, who led Mr. Umana Umana to my house, intercepted and said that the issue of ‘seeing’ the justices was not part of their visit and that, as a pastor, he would not be part of such a discussion. Mr. Umana apologised. I advised them to go and pray about the matter and get a good lawyer. That was how they left my house,” he said in the letter.

However, Pastor Ukpong, who claimed he had known Justice Okoro for more than three decades, denied leading Umana to his house to discuss such issue.

“I have read in the social media and several newspapers since the night of Tuesday, October 18, 2016, a letter purportedly written by Honourable Justice John I Okoro, JSC, and addressed to the Honourable Chief Justice of Nigeria and Chairman, National Judicial Council.

“In the said letter, Justice Okoro alleged that I led Mr. Umana Umana to visit with him in his residence without giving any details of such visit. Many reactions have followed. I’m constrained to make this statement for record purpose: I have known, in adult context, Hon. Justice Okoro for more than three decades now. He is my brother”.

“I have never led anyone to Justice Okoro nor attended any meeting in his house where the issue of bribery, corruption of any kind or perversion of justice was discussed. Of course, I could never have and will never contemplate such as it is against my personal principles informed by my relationship with the Almighty God. I stand always for the truth, integrity and fairness,” he said in the statement.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/i-did-not-lead-umana-to-justice-okoro-s-house-pastor-ukpong/167950.html

Re: I Did Not Lead Umana To Justice Okoro’s House — Pastor Ukpong by fitzmayowa: 9:19am On Oct 21, 2016
Pastor (Dr.) Ebebe Ukpong, who led Mr. Umana Umana to my house, intercepted and said that the issue of ‘seeing’ the justices was not part of their visit and that, as a pastor, he would not be part of such a discussion. Mr. Umana apologised. I advised them to go and pray about the matter and get a good lawyer. That was how they left my house,” he said in the letter.

Oga pastor how come he didn't mention another pastor's name if you indeed did not lead the APC governorship candidate to his house
Re: I Did Not Lead Umana To Justice Okoro’s House — Pastor Ukpong by OlujobaSamuel: 10:12am On Oct 21, 2016
pastor sir, we know sey u no join for the mata when dem talk am, wetin we wan hear be sey you go see the judge with umana, yes or no? tell us wetin dem talk, dazzol.
all dis use of english to confuse and not to confuse us, kolewerk, u no go wen dey talk abt bribe or a case in court, wetin dem talk wen u go
Re: I Did Not Lead Umana To Justice Okoro’s House — Pastor Ukpong by nwabobo: 10:17am On Oct 21, 2016
Note that the pastor didn't say that he did not lead Umana to Justice Okoro's house. He said he didn't lead Umana to Justice Okoro's house to discuss bribery.
Re: I Did Not Lead Umana To Justice Okoro’s House — Pastor Ukpong by mazifrankmore: 10:22am On Oct 21, 2016
Pastor no lie ohh
We know you may not. Know umana's intention for wanting to see the judge.
Re: I Did Not Lead Umana To Justice Okoro’s House — Pastor Ukpong by omaguibu(m): 11:10am On Oct 21, 2016
Oga pastor this one when you still dey deny, by the time video footage show say you go there true true. I go personally come comot all your church members from your church. A Judge no go just use pastor name like that nah

(1) (Reply)

See The "Sophisticated" Weapons, Charms Recovered From Militants In Rivers. PICS / MSSOB Accuses President Buhari Of Witch-Hunting Its Members / Why Nigeria Is Cutting Down On Food Importation, By VP Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.